Page 277 of 277 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 4155

Not directly related to the series, but since it's the Arrowverse thread that has the latest response:
    Here's a very well-written eulogy to the Verse as a whole

https://thepopbreak.com/2022/07/12/c...ws-arrowverse/

If there’s a way for HBO Max to acquire the Arrowverse and keep it going I believe they would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    If there’s a way for HBO Max to acquire the Arrowverse and keep it going I believe they would do it.
    Didn't they already own the Arrowverse?

The CW was a joint venture between WB & CBS.

When National Amusements split Paramount and CBS in the early 00's CBS went to WB who had the WB and offered a merger of Paramounts former network UPN which CBS inherited after the split and we got the CW. Recently National Amusements has brought CBS and Paramount back under one roof hence why CBS All Access is now Paramount+ and Discovery has bought WB and these mergers have led to the company's wanting to sell the CW.

But since WB owned the network, the Producer has a deal with WB, and the properties in question are WB's I don't think it's a choice of they can't continue the Arrowverse, but rather they don't want too.

IIRC they have Netflix deals from before HBO Max existed that make an HBO Max revival implausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    IIRC they have Netflix deals from before HBO Max existed that make an HBO Max revival implausible.
    Netflix could make international distribution an issue with existing shows, but they weren't coproducing like the Marvel Netflix shows.

They co-owned the Network that aired the shows, they're still in partnership with the production company, and own the IPs.

There's nothing legally that could stop them from making new shows in the Arrowverse even shows utilizing existing Arrowverse characters if they wanted too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Didn't they already own the Arrowverse?
    They have the rights to some of it, such as Batwoman, Superman and Lois, and Stargirl, but never the property as a whole.

I think "Legends" had gotten so off the rails by the time it was cancelled, its only logical evolution would be as animated TikTok shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    At the moment yes, but once those deals run out…

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think "Legends" had gotten so off the rails by the time it was cancelled, its only logical evolution would be as animated TikTok shorts.
    So true. It became a parody of superhero shows vs being a super hero show with some comedy.

Not to unlike where Taika is going with Thor. Ragnarok had humor and reshaped the Thor solo franchise. L&T took it further, not quite to parody or satire but I fear where a 5th film might land if Feige doesn't reign it in. The reins were totally let go with Legends and it suffered for that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So true. It became a parody of superhero shows vs being a super hero show with some comedy.

Not to unlike where Taika is going with Thor. Ragnarok had humor and reshaped the Thor solo franchise. L&T took it further, not quite to parody or satire but I fear where a 5th film might land if Feige doesn't reign it in. The reins were totally let go with Legends and it suffered for that.
    It wasn't even much of a Superhero show by the point it became more of a parody.

It was mostly sold on the comedy and character interaction because as it is the cast barely used their powers, barely really even had powers, and...didn't really act like Superheroes.

(Not to mention the sheer lack of costumes).

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Not directly related to the series, but since it's the Arrowverse thread that has the latest response:
    Here's a very well-written eulogy to the Verse as a whole

https://thepopbreak.com/2022/07/12/c...ws-arrowverse/
    Not a terrible article by any means, but certainly more biased than I’d like.

They have the rights to some of it, such as Batwoman, Superman and Lois, and Stargirl, but never the property as a whole.
    Why? They owned the Network with CBS now CBSViacom they are still producing stuff with Berlanti, and they own the IPs.

Netflix wasn't involved in the production just had leased the streaming rights for some of the shows.

The only company that could have any rights to the shows is CBSViacom which would only affect existing shows made for the CW not any new shows made for HBOMax set in the Arrowverse. & honestly I don't see CBSViacom caring they were always pretty hands off the CW I mean they've never made any plays to try and secure Arrowverse stuff for CBS All-Access now Paramount Plus.

The ending of the Arrowverse simply seems to be WB wants to move on.

Why? They owned the Network with CBS now CBSViacom they are still producing stuff with Berlanti, and they own the IPs.

Netflix wasn't involved in the production just had leased the streaming rights for some of the shows.

The only company that could have any rights to the shows is CBSViacom which would only affect existing shows made for the CW not any new shows made for HBOMax set in the Arrowverse. & honestly I don't see CBSViacom caring they were always pretty hands off the CW I mean they've never made any plays to try and secure Arrowverse stuff for CBS All-Access now Paramount Plus.

The ending of the Arrowverse simply seems to be WB wants to move on.
    Netflix wasn't involved in the production of the shows, but IIRC the Netflix distribution deals for some of these shows were the only thing that made them profitable for the CW. Without that deal, there was no profit in these shows anymore, thus a big reason why several were canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Netflix wasn't involved in the production of the shows, but IIRC the Netflix distribution deals for some of these shows were the only thing that made them profitable for the CW. Without that deal, there was no profit in these shows anymore, thus a big reason why several were canceled.
    That's my point the only hassle would be streaming rights so continuing existing shows could be an issue. But creating new Arrowverse shows even with existing characters wouldn't be.

I mean between the shows they introduced Flash, Kid Flash, Impulse, X-S, Elongated Man, Vibe, Killer Frost, Green Arrow II (Mia), Rag Man, Wild Dog, Mr. Terrific, Black Canary (Dinah Drake), Speedy, Black Siren (Laurel Lance), White Canary (Sara Lance), Constantine, Steel (Nate), Vixen, Atom, Hawkman and Hawkwoman, Firestorm (Jax), Heatwave, Captain Cold, Booster Gold, Rip Hunter, Ray, Batwoman, Batwing, Martian Manhunter, Miss Martian, Guardian, Brainiac 5, & Dreamer just to name some. Now Oliver is dead, Superman due to Superman and Lois would probably be a no go, and Supergirl a no go since MB wanted out anyway to focus on other stuff and family. But seriously they could do an awesome Justice League series with just who they got already for HBOMax if they wanted to and tie up and loose ends like with Legends.

But given they cut ties with Superman and Lois from Earth Prime it seems like to me DC wants to move past the Arrowverse and that's what my original post was about that this isn't a case where they can't continue, they just don't want too.

But given they cut ties with Superman and Lois from Earth Prime it seems like to me DC wants to move past the Arrowverse and that's what my original post was about that this isn't a case where they can't continue, they just don't want too.
    I haven't read any articles or comments about it, but the way "Supergirl" ended really painted "S&L" into a corner. I can't imagine the "S&L" writers were consulted on that, but then they could only ignore it for so long, and considering the global threats Superman regular deals with, it just makes more sense to cut ties that try to shoe-horn in excuses for other heroes not being around.