Page 45 of 277 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    Aspiring Comic Creator theBellrhino's Avatar

Default CW-Verse Discussion

Hey, all.

Can we please talk about that MONUMENTAL reveal on tonight's Legends of Tomorrow? Pretty please? I'm chomping at the bit to talk about it. Okay, here we go.

[SPOILERS!!! BEWARE!!!]

HOLY F**K!! HOURMAN!! JSA!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

[End Spoilers]

Anyone else have anything to add?
    "Just because there's a crack in something doesn't mean you throw it away."

Collected Edition and Graphic Novel Collection Current Standing:
    452 Books
    Single Issue Collection Current Standing:
    903 Issues

The Hawks' exit was very abrupt, but I thought Mick's zinger was pretty appropriate.

And looking forward to the next season! It's been a tumultuous premiere season for an otherwise great idea with a great group of characters (and fantastic character development particularly with Heatwave, Cold, and Canary). Cannot wait to see what heroes they bring into the fold.

Retired

There's always been a connection to the JSA in the series--just never considered it before now.

At first I thought Hourman was the android or Rex's son. But maybe this Rex Tyler will have some of their powers. And comic book Rex was a time traveller later in life (in now defunct continuity).

I like the way he said "Justice Society of America." Might be reading too much into that line reading--but I thought it was a defiant remark against the movie verse. The movies might have the Justice League and the movies might be afraid to say Justice League of America--but Berlanti's crew is going to show them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    There's always been a connection to the JSA in the series--just never considered it before now.

At first I thought Hourman was the android or Rex's son. But maybe this Rex Tyler will have some of their powers. And comic book Rex was a time traveller later in life (in now defunct continuity).

I like the way he said "Justice Society of America." Might be reading too much into that line reading--but I thought it was a defiant remark against the movie verse. The movies might have the Justice League and the movies might be afraid to say Justice League of America--but Berlanti's crew is going to show them.
    I always thought it odd for Aquaman and Wonderwoman to be on a team called Justice League of Ammuricuhh.
    Doesn't seem in their self interests to represent one country if they're dealing with worldwide threats...and they're not American.

On another note

HOURMANNN!

Holy @#$%! Rex Tyler? Hourman!? The Justice Society of America!? We're getting the Justice Society !!!

Though I really hope they give Rex a better costume for season 2...

A part of me is wondering if maybe we could've gotten Rick instead of Rex, so Jesse could go from Flash to Legends and we could have them meet, but I also wonder who else will fill out the Arrowverse Justice Society? The real Jay Garrick? Alan Scott is apparently off-limits thanks to the Green Lantern movie. The real Wildcat? Starman/Stargirl? A good Atom-Smasher? Ma Hunkel? Her helmet's in Rip's study .

And I"m wondering what they're origin is going to be...are they a group of Superheroes from another Earth, or are they a future Superhero team born out of the war with Thanagar or some other threat? Is the Justice Society the future Superhero team of the Arrowverse? Are the Legends their progenitor?

It took two seasons of Flash and a whole season of this show, but Firestorm finally transmutes something !

The Legends fighting Savage at three different time periods at the same time was pretty awesome, but the highlight was definitely the Hawks double-teaming Savage "prime," Kendra stabbing him, and Rip getting the final blow.

I kinda felt bad for Carter here. Most of his screentime was just dedicated to gazing at the screen in a kind of stupor, and he barely got to interact with Kendra. I'm also surprised they're not sticking around with the team given the plotline with Thanagar. I wonder when next we'll see the Hawks again?

So if Heat Wave is going along with the Legends for season 2, and Captain Cold Cold is seemingly still dead, how are we ever going to get The Rogues together in Flash season 3? Are we going to have to wait for season 4? I know Peyton List is getting another show soon, so it's probably going to be harder to get Golden Glider back. I feel like we should've gotten a scene of Mick telling her what happened to Snart. I wonder if Barry will ever find out?

Clarissa is one of the most understanding Superhero wives of all time. Her husband goes missing for a year and she welcomes him back with open arms after he returns, then she lets him leave again to better understand his powers, then he goes away for months on a "sabbatical" and she pushes him to go on another one because she knows it's best for him. Professor Stein is a really lucky guy.

So did Jax's Dad survive the war or not? I guess we'll never know if Jax actually managed to alter the timestream by telling his dad what happened to him.

Sara returns seemingly around the the last Arrow episode, judging by Lance on the Arrowcave computers, only to learn about her sister's fate well after the fact. It was as tough seeing Sara deal with Laurel's death, and react so aggressively to it, as it was seeing Team Arrow deal with it weeks ago. To lose someone so important to you, your own sister, and realizing there's nothing you could've done to save her even if you had been there...that's rough. Especially after everything the Lance sisters have been through together. This family deserves a break.

There were a lot of touching scenes in this episode, alongside all the bombastic action and twists, from Rip being reunited with his family in delirium, Mick getting one last moment with Snart (at least for now), Clarrisa letting Professor Stein go, and Sara and Quentin at Laurel's grave. Which I guess just leaves poor Ray out of luck, as he loses Kendra and their lucky vase.
    Last edited by Frontier; 05-19-2016 at 09:33 PM.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    I always thought it odd for Aquaman and Wonderwoman to be on a team called Justice League of Ammuricuhh.
    Doesn't seem in their self interests to represent one country if they're dealing with worldwide threats...and they're not American.

On another note

HOURMANNN!
    That would be a reason to leave America out of the name. However, I just don't believe that's DC/WB's reason. I think it's more likely a calculated move for foreign markets--they don't want the movie to be too flag-waving American for fear of scaring off box office. But, whatever. Justice Society of America fits for the JSA--if they have roots in WW II--because they are an American team--and even an American battalion, the Justice Battalion.

I was so eager to find who it was going to be and when it happened I was like, "Uh . . . who?" Had never heard of Rex Tyler before and had to look him up online. I recognized the JSA but have no idea who Hourman is. Guess I'll find out next season.

I'm just glad it wasn't Booster Gold like everyone was speculating.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

After some lackluster episodes, I thougt the season ender was very good.
    Cool to see Hourman.
    My only disappointment was that they killed off SGT. ROCK.

Incredible Member

WOW, for a show that I originally thought I wasn't going to care that much about, that was one hell of a finale! I was bouncing like a little kid. I swear, this may be the best finale since Oliver beat Slade.

Come to think of just as I write that, in the "Arrow" Season 2 finale we got to see Ollie take Slade down twice simultaneously. What could be better than that? Getting to see the dispicable Vandal Savage die THREE TIMES!

I liked the way it tied seamlessly into the latest episode of "Arrow." Sara finding out about Laurel was a while in coming and it was very touching. The only thing that bugs me a little is in how while Sara and her dad were visiting the cemetery they should've been aware that massive explosions were going off in the Glades, but I guess it could have taken place just before that happened while the action was still going on underground.

My knowledge of Hawkman & Hawkgirl lore is limited but it's my understanding that there are kind of two different versions of them? One in which they're Egyptian and one in which they're Thanagarian. If that's the case I liked how this story combined the two.

A big welcome to Hourman. Can't wait to see who the next Big Bad is. I don't think I've ever seen multiple shows tying into each other to this extent before-- and now lest we forget, we even have Supergirl coming on board! What a night, I'm giddy.
    Last edited by Kensei; 05-20-2016 at 12:14 AM.

BANNED

I'm three eps behind on Legend. Its such an aggravating show. I want to like it but other than Sarah Lance (the real Black Canary) I am either ambivalent about the characters (I like Captain Cold to an extent but Wentworth Miller's overacting on the accent grates) or utterly despise them (Ciara Renee as Hawkgirl has the exact same facial expression for every emotion - mouth slightly open with eyes pinched and it makes me want to punch her).

Doesn't help that the writing is utterly nonsensical. I read comics so I'm willing to forgive a lot in terms of unbelievable science and plotlines but this show insults even my comic book flexible sensibilities.

I'll get to the end in a week or so though at this point its more out of obligation to finish than giving a crap.

1 point for Sara taking down one of the Savages.
    1 point for the dull and ultimately pointless Hawks leaving.
    1 bonus point for Rip's Back to the Future II nod.

So, 3/10 then. Which is pretty high by LoT's usual standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    1 point for Sara taking down one of the Savages.
    1 point for the dull and ultimately pointless Hawks leaving.
    1 bonus point for Rip's Back to the Future II nod.

So, 3/10 then. Which is pretty high by LoT's usual standards.
    I'd add another point for the mention of the Justice Society of America by Hourman.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I'd add another point for the mention of the Justice Society of America by Hourman.
    I did consider including that. But it remains to be seen how that all plays out. LoT has never really had a problem with good ideas in principle... But it's been the application of those ideas that has frequently let the show down.

(And to be honest, the only Hourman I've ever been interested in was Matthew).

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I'm very bummed by the fact that Kendra left. She was the best part of the show for me. Hopefully we will see her again. I'm going to give season 2 a try, cause I loved season one, but one big plus for season one was having Kendra. Hourman is a cool thing though.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    That ending put a smile on my face.

Those were the days my friend.

I have known of that song for decades, Jim, but I never realized how cute she actually was.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?