Page 243 of 277 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 4155

Yeah, I don't care what anybody says, I am so glad to have this crazy mess back
    Funny twist with Gary, wonder what will come of it. And Miss Cruz also seems like a fitting addition.

Of course the Legends created another mess they now have to fix, but hey, you win some, you lose some.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I don't believe anybody disagrees with you that it's a mess.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gary being an alien the whole time feels so random. Like, how did this not come out the last 4 or so seasons he's been on the show? Can we write this off as a Crisis thing? And then he's working with his fiance to grab peak human specimens from across time and then doesn't seem too worked up about her getting launched out of an air lock. It seems like she mostly berated him so maybe that was it, but seems like he should have reacted a bit more.
    One would have thought that it'd have come up back in Season 4 when the unicorn bit off his nipple. If he'd been an alien the whole time, wouldn't they have found it out then?

With the Gary the alien thing, as with most of this show you just have to go with it. Of course it doesn't hold up. How could he have worked with the Time Cops (or whatever they were called) without being detected? They must have had extensive screening to work there. But then they could make up some alien-tech mumbo jumbo. There's a reason his disguise was in his glasses, just as how on "Supergirl" Brainy and Nia wore glasses to disguise themselves from young Kara. The DCU is the world that Superman built, and he wore glasses as a disguise. So there's no point picking at that thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    One would have thought that it'd have come up back in Season 4 when the unicorn bit off his nipple. If he'd been an alien the whole time, wouldn't they have found it out then?
    It was a pretty involved disguise, it even generated a physical tie. It's more than possible that the nipple was an important part of the disguise and that tied into why he was so desperate to get it back.

It stretches credibility a bit, but sure

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Funny twist with Gary, wonder what will come of it. And Miss Cruz also seems like a fitting addition.

Of course the Legends created another mess they now have to fix, but hey, you win some, you lose some.
    Hopefully him leaving the show is what comes of it.

Yeah, the Gary revelation made no sense. We saw alternate Earth versions of him, too, I wonder if he could've justifiably been an alien in those circumstances? It is interesting that they didn't get Sara back immediately, so I'm glad they were able to throw a historical figure and a recurring character in there with her.

I like Constantine and Zari, but I still feel for Nate who is pining for his Zari.

So far I prefer this new character to Mona, but we'll see.

Marriage seemed like the only real direction left to go with Sara and Ava's relationship, although I don't expect Nyssa to get a wedding invite. Or anyone else other than the team for that matter. Actually, it'll probably just be the two of them and some kind of priest (Mick? Nate? Behrad?).
    Ugh, you're probably right, which means we won't even see Ray, Nora, or Jax. Wouldn't surprise me if Constantine is ordained in something or another.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is it me, or is everyone on the team just wasted all the time? I know they all like their vices, but it seemed a bit much showing all of them going at it in response to Sara being kidnapped. (and after a night of them partying) I know this show if goofy now, and it's 90% just about the characters in comedic situations more than ... actual stories or (non-relationship) drama or plot, and I've enjoyed it for the most part, but I also don't want to think of them as being barely competent. It's one thing to not use established DC heroes anymore, but they've really just been replacing them with characters that aren't even qualified to do what they do in any way. And I also don't really feel much of anything for Zara 2.0, Behrad, Astra and even Nate anymore. This whole show hinges on AvaLance and Mick being ... Mick.
    At least Ava was competent enough to see that coming. I think it would be out of character for all the Legends to be on the ball with everything, but at the same time, I don't want them to be total layabouts and losers.

I'm glad they brought up the DEO and Ava having some awkwardness with Alex, and how that tied-in to Rama-Khan destroying the DEO, although you'd think they'd have a direct line to someone on the Super Friends. I guess this is what you get when you keep trying to avoid crossovers.
    I was sort of surprised when Ava mentioned the DEO because "Wait, didn't they know it was destroyed?" Did the writers not get the memo? So it was cool they acknowledged that the DEO was indeed destroyed later on.
    Nice that they tied LoT into Supergirl. It's the only other show that does. I can't recall any mention of anything Supergirl on The Flash. Or especially Superman and Lois. It's like Supergirl doesn't even exist for them.

Mighty Member

That sounded like Godzilla's roar coming out of that space bug.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    That sounded like Godzilla's roar coming out of that space bug.
    I heard that too. Another fun episode. Still get a kick out of this show.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I kept thinking to myself that this episode would end up being the origin of Big Belly Burger, and lo and behold it actually happened. Thanks Legends...I think .

Sara stuck with Gary, who it turns out comes from a savage, warrior, culture that traded him into marriage, but that apparently did not make him all that effective an alien warrior. So he's not really a "cool" alien, but then again, he's still Gary. And he's going to keep trying to plan the Avalance wedding while he's stuck with Sara.

Gotta admit, when Gary talked about a powerful alien kidnapping powerful figures, I thought Mongul and Warworld (knowing full well this show doesn't have the budget or proclivities for pulling Mongul off). Although if they were obsessed with powerful women, I'm surprised they didn't try to nab Supergirl (even if she's stuck in the Phantom Zone right now). I guess Sara is the strongest normal on Earth-1, although we've never seen her and Alex square off for the title.

Zari and Behrad arguing over who gets to use the totem they only occasionally use for mundane stuff. OG!Zari is still in there and technically it belongs to her too, but she's had enough and just gives it to both of them. I guess it saves time from having to trade off, but both having wind powers seems a tad redundant and like the writers might forget one of them has it.

Nate and Behrad feel like they're trying to replace Nate and Ray.

I don't know what's more funny, Ava pretending to be a Southern Belle or Constantine's exaggerated American accent .

I still don't know how I feel about Spooner. She's the standoffish, quick to draw her gun, type with severe emotional issues...so I guess she's replacing Mick? I wonder how she'd fair in National City or what she feels about "heroic" aliens since she was so kill happy and plans to kill all the aliens they encounter. Does she think Superman and Supergirl need to die too?

I admire that woman's dedication to saving her marriage and her family business even if it got her and her husband eaten for it. I guess they'll reunite in the afterlife, as a silver lining?

I keep being surprised by how much CG alien budget this show has with alien Mothra who has Godzilla's roar. I was expecting a big, exciting, Kaiju fight, but then Spooner just shoots it into a sign and electrocutes it. I guess whatever works? Where was Mick during the climax? He could've just brought in the Waverider to destroy it.

The show using Amelia earhart seems like something the show would do, and back in season 2 I could've seen her being one of Sara's conquest of historical, married, women, although it's...maybe not really Amelia earhart? Just like an alien drone made to look like her? Or maybe she's possessed? Gotta say though, not my favorite take on her voice.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I still don't know how I feel about Spooner. She's the standoffish, quick to draw her gun, type with severe emotional issues...so I guess she's replacing Mick? I wonder how she'd fair in National City or what she feels about "heroic" aliens since she was so kill happy and plans to kill all the aliens they encounter. Does she think Superman and Supergirl need to die too?
    At this point, she's the only one who seems like part of the Arrowverse, so she's okay by me.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I was sort of surprised when Ava mentioned the DEO because "Wait, didn't they know it was destroyed?" Did the writers not get the memo? So it was cool they acknowledged that the DEO was indeed destroyed later on.
    Nice that they tied LoT into Supergirl. It's the only other show that does. I can't recall any mention of anything Supergirl on The Flash. Or especially Superman and Lois. It's like Supergirl doesn't even exist for them.
    That was odd to me. The DEO was destroyed in 2020, so why not just call them when they still existed in 2019, or any other time? Sara was kidnapped in ... what, 1980?

Well that episode was kinda.....icky, but fun too.

Not feeling the dynamic between Nate and Behrad on the same level as Nate and Ray though.

Always great to see OG Zari

I almost thought they were going to use that Tofu alien thing from the Teen Titans cartoon, but then it became an origin of Big Belly Burger. I liked the fleshing out of Behrad and how being Burger Boy was what helped him develop his chill personality.

Does splitting the totem mean only one of them can use it at a time or its half as effective or...?