Page 228 of 277 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 4155

This episode reminded me of The Magicians, especially with Dionysus' portrayal.

I get that many of the characters have loved ones they want to save with the Loom of Fate, but somehow, I find myself rooting for Mick to bond with his daughter the most. He's just trying so hard, ya know?

I wish I lived in the Arrowverse so I could use Beebo emojis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    In the League version if your ball misses, you have to drain the cup and refill it.

One cup in ten is randomly poison. They lose more initiates that way...
    Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I get that many of the characters have loved ones they want to save with the Loom of Fate, but somehow, I find myself rooting for Mick to bond with his daughter the most. He's just trying so hard, ya know?
    Earth-1 Laurel, Snart, Professor Stein, Behrad, Astra's mother, Rip...it's a sizeable list.

Mighty Member

That was a nice twist involving Gary and Gideon. I thought he was actually talking to her.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    That was a nice twist involving Gary and Gideon. I thought he was actually talking to her.
    All I know is Gideon needs to grace our screens visually more often!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I guess The Fates have a grudge against Jonah Hex for the number of times he managed to escape them.

I was starting to think to myself that Gideon was being way more supportive and close to Gary then you would have expected. It explains how her physical body popping up made no sense and the random hopping.

Constantine sure loves shagging up with somebody after a heated argument. And he and Zari sure got dressed quickly afterwards...how long until Nate finds out?

This has probably been the most Nate has used his Steel form all season, maybe even since season 3.

I'm guessing Charlie set up a backdoor to free the Legends when they remade the world.

I got Shaun of the Dead vibes from this episode, but I don't even know if they were intentional. Zombies in England, I guess?

I liked Mick getting them out of the police wagon, but does it really take his expertise to think that Nate should just Steel up and punch them out?

Great ending! Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Earth-1 Laurel, Snart, Professor Stein, Behrad, Astra's mother, Rip...it's a sizeable list.
    They've been mentioning Rip a lot lately. I can't help but wonder. As for Earth-1 Laurel, not even Oliver reshaping the universe brought her back, I don't see the Loom of Fate doing it either.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I liked Mick getting them out of the police wagon, but does it really take his expertise to think that Nate should just Steel up and punch them out?
    Given the amount of times Nate could have used his powers and didn't, maybe he needed the push.
    They've been mentioning Rip a lot lately. I can't help but wonder. As for Earth-1 Laurel, not even Oliver reshaping the universe brought her back, I don't see the Loom of Fate doing it either.
    Man, the universe really didn't like Earth-1 Laurel .

Given the amount of times Nate could have used his powers and didn't, maybe he needed the push.

Man, the universe really didn't like Earth-1 Laurel .
    Not the universe, just Guggenheim.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Not the universe, just Guggenheim.
    This is probably more accurate .

TBH, most of the fandom prefers Earth 2 Laurel by now.

Also, sad Gary had to bite it too, would've loved the dynamic between him and Charlie alone saving the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    TBH, most of the fandom prefers Earth 2 Laurel by now.
    Well, when they weren't complaining about her wishy-washy character development. But I also think it's almost universally agreed the show gave Earth-1 Laurel (and Katie Cassidy) a bum rap.
    Also, sad Gary had to bite it too, would've loved the dynamic between him and Charlie alone saving the day.
    It's Gary, he's not staying dead .

Well, when they weren't complaining about her wishy-washy character development. But I also think it's almost universally agreed the show gave Earth-1 Laurel (and Katie Cassidy) a bum rap.
    Oh I'm not talking about myself here, I definitely agree that her development was rushed, but it still seems to be the sentiment of most fans that Earth 2 Laurel is much closer to the source material.
    But yeah, they also agree that Earth 1 Laurel was done dirty, you are right off course.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Oh I'm not talking about myself here, I definitely agree that her development was rushed, but it still seems to be the sentiment of most fans that Earth 2 Laurel is much closer to the source material.
    But yeah, they also agree that Earth 1 Laurel was done dirty, you are right off course.
    I'd say that fans really liked the Season 8 portrayal of the Black Canary.

I'm trying to think how they could have made the Earth 1 Laurel a better character and closer to her comic inspiration, but I can't without not having her be a lawyer. I almost wish they would have started with her as someone who had gone through training during the five years that Oliver was gone, and that she was already an active vigilante at night when he came home and ran a flower shop during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'd say that fans really liked the Season 8 portrayal of the Black Canary.

I'm trying to think how they could have made the Earth 1 Laurel a better character and closer to her comic inspiration, but I can't without not having her be a lawyer. I almost wish they would have started with her as someone who had gone through training during the five years that Oliver was gone, and that she was already an active vigilante at night when he came home and ran a flower shop during the day.
    The show's whole approach to Black Canary was botched from the very start. Like they only included her because of her importance to the Green Arrow mythos but never actually knew what to do with her.

And, yeah, I'll say it...Felicity didn't help.

Ultimate Member

The show's whole approach to Black Canary was botched from the very start. Like they only included her because of her importance to the Green Arrow mythos but never actually knew what to do with her.

And, yeah, I'll say it...Felicity didn't help.
    Yeah, Felicity drank all the 'female lead / Oliver's love interest' milkshake, and left Laurel with not much to do. There's a juggling act that could have been done where both Felicity *and* Laurel could have been differently competent and compelling characters sort of sharing the spotlight in Oliver's life, and not one obviously more interesting and capable and the other more of an obstacle or damsel-in-distress, but it would have required better writing, I think.

Earth 2 Laurel was way more fun.