Page 268 of 277 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 4155

That was...a weird one. Censoring out the religious stuff was funny, though. I wonder how much Behrad is going to change going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Every time I read a plot synopsis, or little articles on the show, I think "Okay, it's coming back to something I will like, closer to season 2 than season 4. And then, every time, I see a clip or promo, and am instantly deflated that it's still a parody of a superhero show. Every. Single. Time.
    Are the synopses really that different?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I've continued watching ,more just for something to do than much else. I didn't mind the comedy though it's gone too far. I'm curious why that decision was made. Maybe lack of ratings so anything to boost them.
    Might be a budget thing. It's cheaper to do comedy than action.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Are the synopses really that different?
    The "comedy" doesn't come through in the synopses. Sometimes it even sounds GOOD. Then I see a promo and I'm like, "Oh, THERE it is."

There are many of us that think the comedy is what makes this show good. Do we need another serious CW superhero show? I watch for the comedy and the characters, not some action adventure. Though when they do action, it is often a lot of fun.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    There are many of us that think the comedy is what makes this show good. Do we need another serious CW superhero show? I watch for the comedy and the characters, not some action adventure. Though when they do action, it is often a lot of fun.
    Well, for a given definition of how "serious" the other shows are.

The show hardly does any action at all. Like that scene with robo Sara was probably the most action she's seen for past 3 seasons.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

The biggest problem with the show is that it isn't remotely the show that first aired on the CW. Now I know not everybody enjoyed the first few seasons, but I have to think a majority of viewers actually did (though not everything - Hawkman annoyed the heck out of me, i.e.)

If the show has began years ago as what we have today (with non-DC characters), I think many of us could look at it in a much more positive light. Yet...
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, for a given definition of how "serious" the other shows are.
    Yeah, it's not like any of them are even close to The Walking Dead or The Wire in regard to seriousness. They just look far more serious because LoT is so zany in comparison and don't follow the same rules of logic and reality as the other shows from that same universe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The biggest problem with the show is that it isn't remotely the show that first aired on the CW. Now I know not everybody enjoyed the first few seasons, but I have to think a majority of viewers actually did (though not everything - Hawkman annoyed the heck out of me, i.e.)

If the show has began years ago as what we have today (with non-DC characters), I think many of us could look at it in a much more positive light. Yet...
    I think, for me, it feels so inauthentic as a DC and Superhero show compared to how it started out as that it's just hard for me to really look at it the same way.

Like, I get it, the show found it's niche and it plays well to that and for fans who enjoy it, but it's not a show I probably would have kept watching compared to when it started out. It barely feels relevant to the Arrowverse as is.

I personally can understand the reason people aren't attracted to the show anymore, but I'm with Kirby. As far as seriousness goes, I'd say both Batwoman and Superman & Lois have a pretty serious tone, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I personally can understand the reason people aren't attracted to the show anymore, but I'm with Kirby. As far as seriousness goes, I'd say both Batwoman and Superman & Lois have a pretty serious tone, don't they?
    I guess Flash is now the only show we can really compare it against.

And maybe Stargirl, though that one too got pretty serious with Season 2.

I think, for me, it feels so inauthentic as a DC and Superhero show compared to how it started out as that it's just hard for me to really look at it the same way.

Like, I get it, the show found it's niche and it plays well to that and for fans who enjoy it, but it's not a show I probably would have kept watching compared to when it started out. It barely feels relevant to the Arrowverse as is.
    It really should have veered off to its own universe and stayed away from the other CW characters. It really doesn't belong with the others anymore.

It really should have veered off to its own universe and stayed away from the other CW characters. It really doesn't belong with the others anymore.
    I mean, the writers/characters blatantly disregard crossovers aside from Sara at this point. Other than the DEO reference last season it doesn't seem like they care at all about the wider Arrowverse or that they're in a shared universe.

But hey, you cannot deny that it utilized Damien Darhk in a much better way Arrow ever could.

I mean, the writers/characters blatantly disregard crossovers aside from Sara at this point. Other than the DEO reference last season it doesn't seem like they care at all about the wider Arrowverse or that they're in a shared universe.
    But you still have the funhouse-mirror alteration of world history on LoT that doesn't mesh with the history on the other shows. For example, does the LoT JFK exist elsewhere (God, I hope not!)?

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

If a majority of viewers enjoyed the direction it was going, they wouldn't have pivoted so hard. This show is probably one of the best examples of a show changing directions and gaining popularity and success as a result; I've seen articles online saying the same.

Legends has always been doing it's own thing due to the premise of the show. I would even say they handle being part of a shared universe better than many of the rest of them. Even the show itself makes fun of this when the characters say they hate crossovers.

This is not a Legends specific issue, the writers generally didn't care much about the shared universe aside from crossovers once it branched out from being just Arrow and Flash. Batwoman and Black Lightning had some damn stupid storylines that completely disregarded the wider Arrowverse.
    Last edited by Material Flux; 01-23-2022 at 09:24 AM.