Page 217 of 221 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221 LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3315
  1. #3241
    Amazing Member MacrossPlus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    61

    Default

    BTW, Mona isn't gone, just reduced to a recurring role. She'll return in episode 7 and the last two episodes of the season
    Last edited by MacrossPlus; 01-26-2020 at 08:20 PM.

  2. #3242
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    47,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Fun episode but, really, can we get rid of Gary, Mona, and Constantine already. Gary is fun in tiny doses but, ech, the other two are just a terrible fit for this show and generally just annoying. Also, Zari's brother is no match for the real deal. The characters I like in this show, I really, really like but the others just drag it right down.

    Edit: Never mind. Wrote this before the final couple of minutes of the episode. No offense to Ramona Young who may well be a decent actress but was stuck with an awful character, but I am super happy to see the back of Mona. Now, here's hoping that they can pivot away from the supernatural stuff as well.
    I kind of want to see more "City of Demons" Constantine then Legends Constantine, but it is what it is.

  3. #3243
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Fun episode but, really, can we get rid of Gary, Mona, and Constantine already. Gary is fun in tiny doses but, ech, the other two are just a terrible fit for this show and generally just annoying. Also, Zari's brother is no match for the real deal. The characters I like in this show, I really, really like but the others just drag it right down.

    The only characters on this show that I still like are Sara, Ray and Mick. And Ray is leaving


    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of want to see more "City of Demons" Constantine then Legends Constantine, but it is what it is.
    THIS.

    If they were going to finally bring in Constantine, then this show should have pivoted to a full on horror show. That could have been FANTASTIC.

  4. #3244
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The only characters on this show that I still like are Sara, Ray and Mick. And Ray is leaving
    Eh, I still really like Zari and Ava as well. Nate is generally fun too. But yeah, whoever thought it was a good idea to kick Brandon Routh off the show needs their head examined.

    THIS.

    If they were going to finally bring in Constantine, then this show should have pivoted to a full on horror show. That could have been FANTASTIC.
    Yuck, no thanks. That's just not a good fit for this show at all. Tonally, they really got it right in seasons 2 and 3 with tons of nutso comedy and surprising pathos. Horror wouldn't work at all. Which is why season 4 was such a problem. If they want to go the supernatural/ horror route, something like a Justice League Dark show would be perfect for that.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

  5. #3245
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Eh, I still really like Zari and Ava as well. Nate is generally fun too. But yeah, whoever thought it was a good idea to kick Brandon Routh off the show needs their head examined.
    Nate has completely worn out his welcome with me. As for Zari and Ava- they never quite clicked with me, but I've been skimming episodes for the past 2 seasons now, so I've missed a great deal of their development, and that's on me. I think I'll probably like them. And yes, getting rid of Brandon was ri-goddamn-diculous.


    Yuck, no thanks. That's just not a good fit for this show at all. Tonally, they really got it right in seasons 2 and 3 with tons of nutso comedy and surprising pathos. Horror wouldn't work at all. Which is why season 4 was such a problem. If they want to go the supernatural/ horror route, something like a Justice League Dark show would be perfect for that.
    I don't know. I think some of these characters would work great in a horror setting. And you could even keep time travel as well. The more comedic characters could have either been written off, killed, or sent over to The Flash (Ray would be perfect in STAR Labs, and I would love to see Mick reluctantly teaming with Barry).

  6. #3246
    www.taurianfilms.com
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Nate has completely worn out his welcome with me. As for Zari and Ava- they never quite clicked with me, but I've been skimming episodes for the past 2 seasons now, so I've missed a great deal of their development, and that's on me. I think I'll probably like them. And yes, getting rid of Brandon was ri-goddamn-diculous.
    Nate's story was done with the stuff with his dad and taking a desk job at the time bureau, he should have been gone then. It's like the Charlie crap. Well kinda cuz he is still Nate. I guess they like him and want him around just like they liked Amaya's actress so even tho her story was done and she left, we got stuck with the crap Charlie character and story arc.

  7. #3247
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Crisis means the Multiverse was never a factor in the history of the current Earth. There was never any traveling to other Earths or dimension-traveling.

    So the Nazi's from a parallel Earth are now time-traveling Nazi's.
    .
    Why can't they be time traveling Nazi's from another earth? They can just write-off interdimensional travel as time travel from the old multiverse. I feel like people would hurt their brains too much trying to explain away storylines that definitely happened, doesn't seem worth it and it's not like the shows are doing that either
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  8. #3248
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Nate has completely worn out his welcome with me. As for Zari and Ava- they never quite clicked with me, but I've been skimming episodes for the past 2 seasons now, so I've missed a great deal of their development, and that's on me. I think I'll probably like them. And yes, getting rid of Brandon was ri-goddamn-diculous.
    No offense but you can't just skim through episodes and expect to understand the characters, their motivations, and the overall storyline. Now I'm not saying this is an intricate and complex style of series but these episodes aren't one-offs, you have to pay attention to it lol. you've probably missed some major developments, obviously it's your choice how you want to watch a show but even though this show is goofy and light-hearted you are not going to grasp it the same way at all if you're skimming and skipping episodes. if you watch it you should watch it
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  9. #3249
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    No offense but you can't just skim through episodes and expect to understand the characters, their motivations, and the overall storyline. Now I'm not saying this is an intricate and complex style of series but these episodes aren't one-offs, you have to pay attention to it lol. you've probably missed some major developments, obviously it's your choice how you want to watch a show but even though this show is goofy and light-hearted you are not going to grasp it the same way at all if you're skimming and skipping episodes. if you watch it you should watch it
    Oh, I agree. I've watched an episode here and there. Usually due to the tone, I'll go back to skimming the episodes after that. That's why I can't really give a fair assessment to Zari or Ava, because the episodes I did watch were usually light with them. But Nate always seemed to feature heavily, and I'm done with him. And don't get me started on Gary.

    I really wish I could get back into the show. I'll try to give this season a try, because the premise this year intrigues me.

  10. #3250
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Nate's story was done with the stuff with his dad and taking a desk job at the time bureau, he should have been gone then. It's like the Charlie crap. Well kinda cuz he is still Nate. I guess they like him and want him around just like they liked Amaya's actress so even tho her story was done and she left, we got stuck with the crap Charlie character and story arc.
    All of these shows are weird like that. They have no problem killing off characters, but then they find some way to bring them back:

    Damien Darhk was killed and brought back like three times.
    Amaya returns to the past, so next season we get the shapeshifting demon Charlie.
    Snart has returned several times, either as his past self or an alternate version.
    Tommy died, and has come back several times in varying forms (flashbacks, impostor, hallucinations)
    Both Moira and Robert have come back a few times (flashbacks, the Nazi Waverider's voice).
    Both Lance sisters have died. Sara got brought back; Laurel was replaced by an Earth 2 Doppelganger.
    Henry Allen died, but they brought back JWS as Jay Garrick (and Earth 90's Flash).
    Barry's mother keeps popping up in various forms.
    Hasn't half the supporting cast on Black Lightning been killed and resurrected?
    Five will get you ten that Gypsy shows back up.

    And don't get me started on Reverse Flash.

    Hell, the only characters who HAVEN'T come back in some form seem to be Amanda Waller and Deadshot.

  11. #3251
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    47,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Eh, I still really like Zari and Ava as well. Nate is generally fun too. But yeah, whoever thought it was a good idea to kick Brandon Routh off the show needs their head examined.
    Nate's just started getting too dumb for me. Like the whole interview with Rasputin with the film crew was dumb even for this team. This guy used to be a historian when it sometimes seem like he can barely put two brain cells together? At least he remembered to use his powers.

    At least Routh leaving the show might open up an opportunity to play Superman again on HBOMax.
    Yuck, no thanks. That's just not a good fit for this show at all. Tonally, they really got it right in seasons 2 and 3 with tons of nutso comedy and surprising pathos. Horror wouldn't work at all. Which is why season 4 was such a problem. If they want to go the supernatural/ horror route, something like a Justice League Dark show would be perfect for that.
    I think any good Superhero show can diversify it's genres well.

    Season 2 I felt like they had the best balance between humor, heart, and actually feeling like a comic book show, even if they underutilized such a major comic property like the JSA.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I don't know. I think some of these characters would work great in a horror setting. And you could even keep time travel as well. The more comedic characters could have either been written off, killed, or sent over to The Flash (Ray would be perfect in STAR Labs, and I would love to see Mick reluctantly teaming with Barry).
    The only reason I'd want Mick back on The Flash is for a Rogues episode, but I doubt that's ever happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Why can't they be time traveling Nazi's from another earth? They can just write-off interdimensional travel as time travel from the old multiverse. I feel like people would hurt their brains too much trying to explain away storylines that definitely happened, doesn't seem worth it and it's not like the shows are doing that either
    Because the Multiverse never existed in the current timeline, so you couldn't explain something away as being from another dimension.

    Like Zoom isn't from Earth-2 anymore so he's not some dimension-traveling evil Flash like he was before.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    All of these shows are weird like that. They have no problem killing off characters, but then they find some way to bring them back:

    Damien Darhk was killed and brought back like three times.
    Amaya returns to the past, so next season we get the shapeshifting demon Charlie.
    Snart has returned several times, either as his past self or an alternate version.
    Tommy died, and has come back several times in varying forms (flashbacks, impostor, hallucinations)
    Both Moira and Robert have come back a few times (flashbacks, the Nazi Waverider's voice).
    Both Lance sisters have died. Sara got brought back; Laurel was replaced by an Earth 2 Doppelganger.
    Henry Allen died, but they brought back JWS as Jay Garrick (and Earth 90's Flash).
    Barry's mother keeps popping up in various forms.
    Hasn't half the supporting cast on Black Lightning been killed and resurrected?
    Five will get you ten that Gypsy shows back up.

    And don't get me started on Reverse Flash.

    Hell, the only characters who HAVEN'T come back in some form seem to be Amanda Waller and Deadshot.
    Welcome to comics .

  12. #3252
    www.taurianfilms.com
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only reason I'd want Mick back on The Flash is for a Rogues episode, but I doubt that's ever happening.

    Welcome to comics .
    Facts on Mick. While i have enjoyed him and his evolution on Legends, his and Snart, it was a grand missed opportunity to do the Rogues justice on the Flash.

    And facts on the comics comment too, lol

  13. #3253
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nate's just started getting too dumb for me. Like the whole interview with Rasputin with the film crew was dumb even for this team. This guy used to be a historian when it sometimes seem like he can barely put two brain cells together? At least he remembered to use his powers.

    At least Routh leaving the show might open up an opportunity to play Superman again on HBOMax.

    I think any good Superhero show can diversify it's genres well.

    Season 2 I felt like they had the best balance between humor, heart, and actually feeling like a comic book show, even if they underutilized such a major comic property like the JSA.
    Actually, yeah, I mostly now like Nate for his friendship with Ray and with the latter leaving that can indeed be a real problem. I also agree that I do wish they made better use of actual DC characters and I'm kind of unclear why they don't. You're right too about shifting tones and genres, in theory, but I do think that it's an incredibly difficult trick to pull off and would need someone like a Joss Whedon to make it work. That Legends can actually bring some real pathos amongst all of its lunacy is impressive enough but it does have such a unique tone that veering off from it too much just doesn't really work.

    And, yes, if Routh leaving Legends means more of his Superman in any form, it would totally be worth it.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

  14. #3254
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Facts on Mick. While i have enjoyed him and his evolution on Legends, his and Snart, it was a grand missed opportunity to do the Rogues justice on the Flash.

    And facts on the comics comment too, lol
    Yeah, they can't do a big bad that isn't Reverse Flash to save their lives so having the Rogues as a real presence on the Flash would make that show 100 times better.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

  15. #3255
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    BTW, Mona isn't gone, just reduced to a recurring role. She'll return in episode 7 and the last two episodes of the season
    I know Mona gets a lot of grief here, but at least she can do something and isn'y a moron. GillaGary, OTOH, just annoys me to no end.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •