Page 230 of 236 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 3526
  1. #3436
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    nice to see original Zari and Mona Wu back, in an important role too.

    Astra is becoming a favorite of mine. would like to see her stick around.

    wonder how long two zaris will last.

    Sara's speech to Ava on the ship, where she says that if we don't accept the bad parts of our life, then we are only living half of our lives, or "not living at all," was very poignant.

    Ultimate buds telling everyone to wake up was great. Definitely got some They Live vibes from this episode.

  2. #3437
    You guessed it mr_crisp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Sara does a great Captain Kirk impression.
    Well before she settled on Eva, Sara slept with almost every character she came across.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

    Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

    Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

    "This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

  3. #3438
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Wait, WHAT?! I've never heard that before. What, was Sara going to join Slade?
    She was supposed to become Ravager, but Summer Glau wanted more to do so they had one more reason to give it to her instead.


    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/arrow-...played-ravager
    Last edited by lowfyr; 05-27-2020 at 03:00 AM.

  4. #3439
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It gets worse because she said that after she had confessed she never stopped loving him.
    I would say I need to rewatch it again, but even with it on Netflix I am not really in a hurry to do. Watching it first was bad enough^^

  5. #3440
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not trying to knock Emily Bett Rickards, she was great as Felicity, but I think she struggled with the more dramatic moments and scenes her character was going through later in the series.

    I think Earth-2 Laurel is proof Katie Cassidy just needed stronger material to work with then what they were giving her before.
    Cassidy has short changed among the cast with material, when she has a juicy role she's more than capable of producing good performances.



    Sara was the closest the show came to the traditional Black Canary in more ways then one. It was also a sign of the long, drawn out, and convoluted take on Black Canary the show would end up developing.
    Yup.

  6. #3441
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not trying to knock Emily Bett Rickards, she was great as Felicity, but I think she struggled with the more dramatic moments and scenes her character was going through later in the series.
    Agreed. Emily Bett was fine with the comedic/lighter aspects of the show, but Katie had it all over her with the dramatic scenes.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  7. #3442
    Spectacular Member MacrossPlus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    137

    Default

    The finale is gonna be crazy

  8. #3443
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,933

    Default

    While Smallville went full DC in it's later seasons with the Green Arrow, JSA (Notably Hawkman, Dr. Fate, and Stargirl), Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Wonder Twins, Cyborg, Impulse, Aquaman, Mera, Zatanna, Black Canary, Superboy, Supergirl, Legion of Super-Heroes (Notably Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, and Lightning Lad), Speedy (Mia Dearden), Rick Flag, Suicide Squad, Amanda Waller, Maxwell Lord, and even some of the Apokolips New Gods.

    It felt like Arrow was more taking the Nolan approach when it started with a more realistic world and only nods to the comics like Star City with Starling City, Thea was nicknamed Speedy, even GA was just Arrow, and then Laurel being Laurel and not Dinah. I think they weren't going to do a proper Black Canary at first but once Sara became popular and Flash became a no pun intended run away hit things changed. Add to the fact Oliver just on the show was a better fit with Felicity over Laurel hey I hated what Olicity did to the show but can admit it was the better pairing. Add all that together and Laurel and the Black Canary character was also going to be a mess and its amazing they salvaged it with Sara on Legends, Earth 2 Laurel, and Dinah Drake at all.

    Side note it is funny how a superhero show as grounded in reality as season one Arrow was ended with Crisis on Infinite Earths.

  9. #3444
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Best. Episode. EVER.
    Fates be praised

  10. #3445
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,458

    Default

    Is it just me, or do they do the same damn story almost every year now? Legends are in a race to get some artifact with the bad guys, Legends get it but mess it up somehow, bad guys get the artifact and remake the world, Legends have to wake up and realize who they are, big schmozz finish, Legends win, bad guys defeated, but how the legends win causes the big bad for next season. Wash, rinse, repeat.


    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Cassidy has short changed among the cast with material, when she has a juicy role she's more than capable of producing good performances.

    Wow, she was so young back then. And her voice sounded oddly like Caity Lotz's voice when she was playing her younger self in flashbacks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    While Smallville went full DC in it's later seasons with the Green Arrow, JSA (Notably Hawkman, Dr. Fate, and Stargirl), Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Wonder Twins, Cyborg, Impulse, Aquaman, Mera, Zatanna, Black Canary, Superboy, Supergirl, Legion of Super-Heroes (Notably Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, and Lightning Lad), Speedy (Mia Dearden), Rick Flag, Suicide Squad, Amanda Waller, Maxwell Lord, and even some of the Apokolips New Gods.

    It felt like Arrow was more taking the Nolan approach when it started with a more realistic world and only nods to the comics like Star City with Starling City, Thea was nicknamed Speedy, even GA was just Arrow, and then Laurel being Laurel and not Dinah. I think they weren't going to do a proper Black Canary at first but once Sara became popular and Flash became a no pun intended run away hit things changed. Add to the fact Oliver just on the show was a better fit with Felicity over Laurel hey I hated what Olicity did to the show but can admit it was the better pairing. Add all that together and Laurel and the Black Canary character was also going to be a mess and its amazing they salvaged it with Sara on Legends, Earth 2 Laurel, and Dinah Drake at all.

    Side note it is funny how a superhero show as grounded in reality as season one Arrow was ended with Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    Yeah, that is a mind screw, isn't it

    And the fact is that Stephen had way better chemistry with Emily than he did with Katie. You could see it in their very first scene together. And that's not a knock on Katie- I think she is the stronger dramatic actress, though I never had any problems with Emily in dramatic scenes.


    Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    She was supposed to become Ravager, but Summer Glau wanted more to do so they had one more reason to give it to her instead.


    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/arrow-...played-ravager

    Wow- that's just... weird. I'd love to know what the plan was to do that- would she still be a vigilante on the run from the League just calling herself Ravager, or would Slade have found her after the Amazo sunk and made her into Ravager? Like he finds her floating, gives her a blood transfusion to give her the Mirakuru, then brainwashes her to make her loyal to him. Could have been interesting.

  11. #3446
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    51,531

    Default

    That new intro ended on a perfect Red Son Superman shot. Other then throwing in a reference to Arrow (remember back when it was Starling City?) they really didn't mine much from the greater Arrowverse for this dystopia here, but I guess that fits with this show.

    Aren't the Fates supposed to let one's loom naturally be cut instead of just arbitrarily do it as they seem to do with dissenters? No wonder Clotho rebelled.

    OG!Zari coming back to save the team was a nice touch .

    Constantine being a butler was fun. I think he is actually descended from nobility, his ancestor was one "Lady Johnanna Constantine."

    I love how all the robot members of the Star Trips crew were showing some leg, both the men and the women. Sara plays for both sides, after all .

    Astra is never really satisfied is she? Even when she is satisfied, it's with a complete lie, and a fabrication of her mom has to push her to accept reality.

    So they're going with the two Zari's solution. I guess since OG!Zari doesn't have a timeline anymore and accomplished what she set out to do of reviving Behrad and changing her time, she'll stick with the Legends since she doesn't have anything else and she's basically a time anomaly now. Nu!Zari will go back to her normal life and Behrad...well, do we need two people on the ship who can wield the air totem?
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Is it just me, or do they do the same damn story almost every year now? Legends are in a race to get some artifact with the bad guys, Legends get it but mess it up somehow, bad guys get the artifact and remake the world, Legends have to wake up and realize who they are, big schmozz finish, Legends win, bad guys defeated, but how the legends win causes the big bad for next season. Wash, rinse, repeat.
    Huh, now that you mention it...who says Legends isn't repetitive ?
    And the fact is that Stephen had way better chemistry with Emily than he did with Katie. You could see it in their very first scene together. And that's not a knock on Katie- I think she is the stronger dramatic actress, though I never had any problems with Emily in dramatic scenes.
    I think they had good chemistry, just not necessarily perfect romantic chemistry.

  12. #3447
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Legends of Tomorrow the best of the CW Arrowverse shows. You need dark go to Legends, you need light go to the Legends, you need comedy - Legends. For all 3 Legends of Tomorrow. Its like the writers have basically said we're going to have a story arc for the season, but we're just going to write up the craziest, siliest stories the can possibly do. I love this show and long may it continue.

    As for the episode, just brilliant and we all know Mick wasn't upset about the show being cancelled, it was losing the hair.

  13. #3448
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Is it just me, or do they do the same damn story almost every year now? Legends are in a race to get some artifact with the bad guys, Legends get it but mess it up somehow, bad guys get the artifact and remake the world, Legends have to wake up and realize who they are, big schmozz finish, Legends win, bad guys defeated, but how the legends win causes the big bad for next season. Wash, rinse, repeat.
    other than season 2 that didn't happen in any other season. there were some artifacts though

  14. #3449
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    51,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamishere1 View Post
    Legends of Tomorrow the best of the CW Arrowverse shows. You need dark go to Legends, you need light go to the Legends, you need comedy - Legends. For all 3 Legends of Tomorrow. Its like the writers have basically said we're going to have a story arc for the season, but we're just going to write up the craziest, siliest stories the can possibly do. I love this show and long may it continue.
    There's The Flash too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    other than season 2 that didn't happen in any other season. there were some artifacts though
    This is like the Legion of Doom, just more comedic.

    (The Legion were better villains then The Fates).

  15. #3450
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's The Flash too...

    This is like the Legion of Doom, just more comedic.

    (The Legion were better villains then The Fates).
    The Fates have just been underdeveloped. But for villains only introduced this season, whereas the Legion had all appeared in other series before, I like them. And I especially like this episode where it seems Charlie is taking a villainous turn. She believed she was actually helping the Legends, without understanding that they don’t want to live in realities with all of their dreams realized, simply because it’s not realistic. And it’s difficult for Charlie, as a goddess, to be able to fully comprehend that. I thought it was very compelling. The other fates aren’t very interesting to me.

    To me the Legion appears in both season 2 and 3, and I thought they were more of an opposing force in season 3. It’s fun to see three dudes take on the Legends but to me it made them feel like less of a threat. Eobard seemed like the true powerhouse in that team and what made it interesting for me was how the other two members didn’t trust him. It would have been cool if Snart had joined the team much earlier and if they had a female villain on the team

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •