Page 222 of 277 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I doubt "The Killer" had a huge budget (they must have spent half on squibs alone) ... but then again, I doubt the Hong Kong studios had the same regulations, unions and payscales that an american tv show would have to contend with. Joking aside, I feel even big-budget movies fail to capture the frenetic, beautiful, choreographed chaos of those HK films from decades ago. But yes, it was nice to see Kahn with the toothpick in his mouth, the two-gun shootups and of course the up-close 3-way mexican standoff. Were there also slo-mo doves or did I miss that?
    The budget and time to rehearse just isn't there for a weekly show on the CW. But since we all instantly saw what it was, they did a pretty good job.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Hmm, seems like they shouldn't just get rid of Behrad (if that's what they need to do to restore Zari) if they are giving him subplots and histories with the other characters.

That fight was cool, and hey, Nate steeled up for a second there!

I like Constantine's story, and with Charlie turning out to be Clotho, it looks like it's going to start involving everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I am sure they can, but it would take much more time and expense. On a show with a limited budget, I think they did a great job doing a Woolike scene.
    Also, Caity Lotz directed it. Was this her first episode directing? It would be a big task for someone's debut.

BANNED

people should listen to the whole podcast instead of just focusing on the drama aspect. it's really great. brandon is a really intelligent guy with an inspiring worldview

Mighty Member

Beautiful wedding.

It sucks the dropped Brandon and Courtney from the show. But they gave them a nice farewell episode. Even let them get married again.
    And yeah! communication.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Amazing Member

I love this show! I was tearing up along with Damien. Brandon and Courtney are a beautiful couple.

I wanted so much to like this episode. And I did- mostly.

I gave up on Legends outside of crossovers last season, but with Damien's return, I really wanted to see it. The stuff between Damien and Nora was beautiful. Loved that Nora kept playing like she was evil just for his sake, and loved the turn when he found out she had been lying. I liked seeing a little bit of a battle between the warlocks with Damien and John. Even mostly loved the heart to heart on the tv show. And Damien's goodbye, both to Nora and to Sara, were beautifully done. It was nice to see the character get a measure of redemption, even after all he had done.

That being said- I fast forwarded through most of the rest, because I just couldn't stand it. Mick is a shell of himself. Zari is terrible. Behrad seems cool, but I've been tired of Nate since season 3. And I can't stand Gary (loved him as a train, though).

I did like the Ava/Sara stuff, and I'm eagerly awaiting the time when they can get Nyssa on the show for the three of them to interact. And the wedding was very sweet.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm really missing Season 1 Legends by this point.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Great interview with Courtney Ford on the main page! Still can't believe the showrunners think it's a good idea to get rid of these two... *smh*

https://www.cbr.com/legends-tomorrow...darhk-goodbye/
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Man, what a great episode. Though it only makes me hate the fact that they've gotten rid of Ray and Nora all the more. It's an unbelievably bone-headed move and with one of my favourite parts of the show gone, it's going to be on very thin ice for me the rest of the season.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Damien has become such a great character since leaving Arrow.....sucks to see him go that way.
    Great episode though.

In typical Legends-style, they took what could've been a serious and dark story and turned it into a sitcom with hilarious misunderstandings. I loved it. Damien calling Constantine "Johnny C" and then when they were battling, repelling him and saying "Brexit!" I laughed every time they referred to Rene as "Wild Dog" or just "Mr. Dog", and that Mr. Roger-style show was great.

I wish they hadn't rushed the wedding, though. Black Lightning just did it, and I'm getting tired of a random ordained character marrying two characters while only the cast is present. Stein did it for Caitlin and Ronnie way back when too. Also I guess it's nice Ray is over Anna and everything, but I feel like he mentioned her a lot more in season one, and it could've been nice for him to think about her and question if this is happening too fast.

Also, Mick's a lowlife.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    And Damien's goodbye, both to Nora and to Sara, were beautifully done. It was nice to see the character get a measure of redemption, even after all he had done.
    And for him to return to Hell where he's going to be tortured for the rest of eternity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    And for him to return to Hell where he's going to be tortured for the rest of eternity.
    Something about that scene made me think that his self sacrifice might have redeemed him. Forget if it was music or camera angle but I recall something made me think he went "up" rather than "down".

Finally catching up with it, and still loving this series! Having a silly and semi-serious show is always welcome.

Mighty Member

That was a wild bachelorette party.