Page 146 of 277 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    He should be on Legends because Flash dont want to use him
    Wally is sort of redundant on Flash. Elongated Man is a better fit because he has a different superpower. Wally would be great for Legends because they don't have a speedster. Plus with Jax gone
    they no longer have an engineer to fix things on the Waverider. And Wally was good with automobiles. Ray Palmer is more of an inventor than somebody that fixes things.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Wally is sort of redundant on Flash. Elongated Man is a better fit because he has a different superpower. Wally would be great for Legends because they don't have a speedster. Plus with Jax gone
    they no longer have an engineer to fix things on the Waverider. And Wally was good with automobiles. Ray Palmer is more of an inventor than somebody that fixes things.
    I wouldn't say he's necessarily redundant, the writers just seem to have difficulty writing two Speedster's on the show, moreso then they did in season 3 and more then they generally do with Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't say he's necessarily redundant, the writers just seem to have difficulty writing two Speedster's on the show, moreso then they did in season 3 and more then they generally do with Barry.
    But what can Wally do that Barry can't do and what can Barry do the Wally can't do? With Elongated Man he can grab a helicopter out of the sky. Or wrap closed the jaws of a T-Rex skeleton.
    Something that neither Wally or Barry can do, even working together.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    But what can Wally do that Barry can't do and what can Barry do the Wally can't do? With Elongated Man he can grab a helicopter out of the sky. Or wrap closed the jaws of a T-Rex skeleton.
    Something that neither Wally or Barry can do, even working together.
    That just tells me the writers weren't creative enough to figure out a good dynamic between Barry and Wally or stories where two Speedsters could function well in tandem. It's probably why they always tried to write Jay or Jesse out as much as they did.

I get it's not the comics, but still.

I find it hilarious that the only time we've seen Nate's helmet is in this promo. I think they finally realized how horrible it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I find it hilarious that the only time we've seen Nate's helmet is in this promo. I think they finally realized how horrible it looked.
    He didn't wear at all in the Earth-X crossover? I honestly forget .

BANNED

I think Wally would be a really great fit on the team. Instead of the Teen Titans he's joining the Legends; it works and it will help a lot for his growth. And we'll definitely see him make sporadic appearances on the Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I think Wally would be a really great fit on the team. Instead of the Teen Titans he's joining the Legends; it works and it will help a lot for his growth. And we'll definitely see him make sporadic appearances on the Flash.
    The worst thing they could have done was bring Wally in so early. Wally debuted in season 2 of the flash. If they wanted to bring him in they could have brought him in as a barely teenager. Play that dynamic a bit as Iris's half brother through a one night stand Joe had. Let Barry live as the flash for more then a couple of years before you give wally his powers. Its kind of odd having some one try to mentor you who doesn't even have full control of their own powers yet. I know they tried to course correct that with Barry in season 4 spending so much time in the speedforce he seems stronger but still. Jay made sense to have him be mentor barry at times he is a lot older then him and pretty much his father if his father was the flash. Same with Reverse Flash in season 1 at times mentoring barry but that RF had those powers for a very long time. Even if he just started being RF at the beginning of the show when he killed Nora byt the time Barry gets his powers hes had those powers for well over a decade and probably longer.

Not to mention they brought him up to quickly in power to quickly (back to wally). He just got his powers and at times seemed faster then the flash at that level. To me it made no sense at all. They could have played it off like they did in the comics, kid flash was not as fast or even close to as fast as flash for a while not till he spent a long time in the speed force. They could have played it like that. Or eventually have it be the more he uses his powers the more his body hurts or weaker he gets (if any of you remember think Tommy from the originally Mighty Morphin power rangers when his green ranger powers were failing helping out only when it really called for it because it would drain his power coin to the point of losing it) Have it be he uses his powers to exhaustion or helps barry defeat the big bad and seems to just disappear but in reality is sucked into the speedforce.

The best thing they can do now is ship him over to Legends which makes the most sense. Keeps up their diversity quota, black male engineer student (unlike Jax who is just a general car mechanic) and to the point Wally doesn't even need to use the ship to travel back in time. I envision parts of the show will end up being the ship is stuck in one location under repairs unable to fly, and a team is on the jump ship which some how cant fly or travel either do to some attack. That team calls for help so Wally is just like "I'll go check on them" and he runs back in time to them.

Though I hope they nerf his powers a bit because fixing anachronism for him would be quite easy with how fast he could go run around mind wipe everyone and back into their original time all in the blink of an eye he would out work the entire team really.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyDub View Post
    The worst thing they could have done was bring Wally in so early. Wally debuted in season 2 of the flash. If they wanted to bring him in they could have brought him in as a barely teenager. Play that dynamic a bit as Iris's half brother through a one night stand Joe had. Let Barry live as the flash for more then a couple of years before you give wally his powers. Its kind of odd having some one try to mentor you who doesn't even have full control of their own powers yet. I know they tried to course correct that with Barry in season 4 spending so much time in the speedforce he seems stronger but still. Jay made sense to have him be mentor barry at times he is a lot older then him and pretty much his father if his father was the flash. Same with Reverse Flash in season 1 at times mentoring barry but that RF had those powers for a very long time. Even if he just started being RF at the beginning of the show when he killed Nora byt the time Barry gets his powers hes had those powers for well over a decade and probably longer.

Not to mention they brought him up to quickly in power to quickly (back to wally). He just got his powers and at times seemed faster then the flash at that level. To me it made no sense at all. They could have played it off like they did in the comics, kid flash was not as fast or even close to as fast as flash for a while not till he spent a long time in the speed force. They could have played it like that. Or eventually have it be the more he uses his powers the more his body hurts or weaker he gets (if any of you remember think Tommy from the originally Mighty Morphin power rangers when his green ranger powers were failing helping out only when it really called for it because it would drain his power coin to the point of losing it) Have it be he uses his powers to exhaustion or helps barry defeat the big bad and seems to just disappear but in reality is sucked into the speedforce.

The best thing they can do now is ship him over to Legends which makes the most sense. Keeps up their diversity quota, black male engineer student (unlike Jax who is just a general car mechanic) and to the point Wally doesn't even need to use the ship to travel back in time. I envision parts of the show will end up being the ship is stuck in one location under repairs unable to fly, and a team is on the jump ship which some how cant fly or travel either do to some attack. That team calls for help so Wally is just like "I'll go check on them" and he runs back in time to them.

Though I hope they nerf his powers a bit because fixing anachronism for him would be quite easy with how fast he could go run around mind wipe everyone and back into their original time all in the blink of an eye he would out work the entire team really.
    The shows been nerfing Firestorm from the beginning. As for Wally, he'll need to be limited in some way to solve the plot in five seconds, or even to fix the ship in a minute flat. Using the Waverider inhibits his ability to tap into the Speed Force? He gets some kind of cabin fever and starts annoying the other Legends, who see him as the newbie?

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    The shows been nerfing Firestorm from the beginning. As for Wally, he'll need to be limited in some way to solve the plot in five seconds, or even to fix the ship in a minute flat. Using the Waverider inhibits his ability to tap into the Speed Force? He gets some kind of cabin fever and starts annoying the other Legends, who see him as the newbie?
    Yeah, Wally will probably be easier on the budget then Firestorm is but they'll also probably have to write around his powers as much as they did Firestorm.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, Wally will probably be easier on the budget then Firestorm is but they'll also probably have to write around his powers as much as they did Firestorm.
    That could tie into an arc of character development, Wally having to learn patience and finesse, as well as not charging in. Barry learned these lessons from Oliver in the first Arrow Flash crossover.

BANNED

I mean, considering Wally defeated Starro (supposedly) single-handed, that'll be a little difficult to buy. I'm still excited nonetheless!

I can see them doing something similar to RF in season 1 with him of the flash. The traveling on the ship through the time streams messes with the speed force like it comes in bursts and bubbles. Kine of like a hose with a leak in it. He is running then comes to a stop like some one hit the emergency break

I can't stand Wally. He just annoys me whenever he's on screen. I suppose someone needs to replace the teammates they've lost, though.