Page 26 of 277 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Rip didn't have a DNA sample of the son and it would have taken more time for Gideon (even advanced as it is) to decode a sample strand to be useful then he had time left to live.
    It's a sentient supercomputer from the future that controls a time-traveling spaceship. I can't imagine that running a DNA scan would have been that onerous, time-consuming a task. At the very least, what did they have to lose by trying? And the ship has stasis chambers, right? If they'd taken a DNA sample and immediately put him in stasis to suspend any further damage--rather than trying to repair the damage without the DNA regenerator--they may have bought themselves some time while Gideon decoded the DNA. Just seems like a pretty major plot hole/deus ex machina.

Man does my head hurt.
    Mick is Chronos? I mean it's an interesting idea, but it makes the whole time travel even more paradox.

Well, Ra's was quite cool at least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Is 2147 significant in the DCU?
    No, I don't think so, but Eobard Thawne traveled back in time from the year 2151. I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up somehow...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    It's a sentient supercomputer from the future that controls a time-traveling spaceship. I can't imagine that running a DNA scan would have been that onerous, time-consuming a task. At the very least, what did they have to lose by trying? And the ship has stasis chambers, right? If they'd taken a DNA sample and immediately put him in stasis to suspend any further damage--rather than trying to repair the damage without the DNA regenerator--they may have bought themselves some time while Gideon decoded the DNA. Just seems like a pretty major plot hole/deus ex machina.
    I suspect that the bigger problem is that, from all indications, time has an auto-correct feature.

Cold's dad arrested for the diamond, Thawne having to create Flash after killing his mom, etc.

Kendra's son was destined to die, so he did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I suspect that the bigger problem is that, from all indications, time has an auto-correct feature.

Cold's dad arrested for the diamond, Thawne having to create Flash after killing his mom, etc.

Kendra's son was destined to die, so he did.
    Was he destine to die? Was there something said in the show that indicated that he would have died that day (or soon after) even if the team's arrival hadn't resulted in him being shot by Kronos?

Retired

Given Chronos was sent by the Time Masters to stop Rip Hunter from changing the timeline, I expect they wouldn't want Chronos to change the timeline either. He probably has a list of which people are expendable in the timeline and which aren't.

If Rory went rogue on the Time Masters and started taking out people vital to the timeline, then I guess they'd have to send another Chronos after him to stop him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Given Chronos was sent by the Time Masters to stop Rip Hunter from changing the timeline, I expect they wouldn't want Chronos to change the timeline either. He probably has a list of which people are expendable in the timeline and which aren't.

If Rory went rogue on the Time Masters and started taking out people vital to the timeline, then I guess they'd have to send another Chronos after him to stop him.
    Does Rory really strike you as the kind of guy who cares much about following rules or sticking to plans? The only reason he's doing this is because he wants payback on Snart and the others.

The team wants to believe he was brainwashed by the Time Masters, but there's zero evidence of that. Rory disobeyed orders, broke from plans, betrayed team members, left team members to die, and threatened to kill Snart (his best/only friend)--on multiple occasions--before the Time Masters ever got hold of him. Even Chronos' threat to Snart about going back to 2016 and killing his sister was something Snart knew Rory would do even before he found out he was Chronos. That's why Snart vetoed the idea of sending Rory back to 2016. Chronos hasn't done anything that isn't consistent with Rory's free will behavior. That being the case, I doubt he gives a crap who gets caught in the crossfire when he's trying to take out Snart and the others.

Plus, the Time Masters really wouldn't have any way of knowing exactly where, when, and under what circumstances Chronos would end up engaging the crew, so it's unlikely they could provide him with a comprehensive list of people not to kill beforehand.
    Last edited by kalorama; 04-02-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Ultimate Member

Was he destine to die? Was there something said in the show that indicated that he would have died that day (or soon after) even if the team's arrival hadn't resulted in him being shot by Kronos?
    They went to meet him at the time they did, because he was supposed to be found dead in his office the next day (cause unknown)

Incredible Member

Does the Waverider have stasis pods/chambers? If it did wouldn't they have just put Mick in one instead of Snart taking him out to the woods and shooting him?

Retired

Does Rory really strike you . . . Plus, the Time Masters really wouldn't have any way of knowing . . .
    All of what you say is what I already thought and anticipate might be true--I don't think I was saying anything to the contrary--with the exception of the Time Masters having no way of knowing. That assumes more facts than we've been given.

I figure that the Time Masters must have some way of knowing some things, otherwise they'd never send Chronos after Rip and they'd have no way of locating him in the time stream. But they're Time Masters--so they must have advanced science and knowledge of the timeline. And Chronos must have all kinds of advance tech.

It remains to be seen if Chronos can get away with his personal vendetta and escape the attention of his Masters. But I'm just thinking out loud that if he does that--then he's no different than Rip as far as the Time Masters should be concerned. So the logic of the show should mean that the Time Masters would send something like Chronos after him just like they sent Chronos after Rip. If Rory gets away with changes to the timeline scott free, then it's one of those examples of the writers being inconsistent with their made-up rules.

But, y'know, that's just me thinking out loud. Maybe I shouldn't do so much of that since it seems to have ticked you off. Sorry about that, chief.

BANNED

But, y'know, that's just me thinking out loud. Maybe I shouldn't do so much of that since it seems to have ticked you off. Sorry about that, chief.
    Really? You're going with the "why you aso mad" routine? Weak sauce, man. You should be better than that. You can be better than that.

You stated an opinion. I had a differing opinion, explained what it was and why. Just another day on the internet, man. No need to get all wound up and try to make it into something personal. It's just not that important.

BANNED

Really? You're going with the "why you so mad" routine? Weak sauce, man. You should be better than that. You can be better than that.

You stated an opinion. I had a differing opinion, explained what it was and why in plain, direct terms. Just another day on the internet. No need to go and try to make it into something personal. It's just not that important. At least not to me. YMMV, of course.

And speaking of differing opinions . . .

All of what you say is what I already thought and anticipate might be true--I don't think I was saying anything to the contrary--with the exception of the Time Masters having no way of knowing. That assumes more facts than we've been given.
    It's not an assumption, it's a conclusion based on available evidence. If the Time Masters had a way to actually predict the future with any specific accuracy (which is what they'd need if they were supplying Rory with "Do Not Kill" lists before his every engagement with the team) then they wouldn't actually need Rory. They could just station a half dozen time ships at whatever coordinates Hunter and Co. emerge from the time stream and blow them out of the sky. Or, at the very least, they'd be able to send Rory ahead of the Waverider, so he'd be waiting for them when they arrive at a destination. The fact that neither of those things has happened yet seems to be a pretty direct indication that the Time Masters don't have predictive powers (or if they do, they aren't using them).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They went to meet him at the time they did, because he was supposed to be found dead in his office the next day (cause unknown)
    Ah. Okay. I do recall that now. In fact, wasn't that the reason they took him with them to begin with? Because Kendra and Carter thought that if he wasn't in his office, he could escape his "fate"?

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Does the Waverider have stasis pods/chambers? If it did wouldn't they have just put Mick in one instead of Snart taking him out to the woods and shooting him?
    I don't know if they have actual pods, but when Kendra was injured didn't Hunter (or Gideon) say that she had been placed in an induced stasis as part of the attempt to treat her?

I figure that the Time Masters must have some way of knowing some things, otherwise they'd never send Chronos after Rip and they'd have no way of locating him in the time stream. But they're Time Masters--so they must have advanced science and knowledge of the timeline. And Chronos must have all kinds of advance tech.

It remains to be seen if Chronos can get away with his personal vendetta and escape the attention of his Masters. But I'm just thinking out loud that if he does that--then he's no different than Rip as far as the Time Masters should be concerned. So the logic of the show should mean that the Time Masters would send something like Chronos after him just like they sent Chronos after Rip. If Rory gets away with changes to the timeline scott free, then it's one of those examples of the writers being inconsistent with their made-up rules.

Maybe the Time Masters implanted some kind of killswitch in Rory to make sure he doesn't step too far out of line, or they have Time Master interns that are following him cleaning up any messes that he makes. I also think that they perceive Rory as being primarily interested in taking out Rip, Snart and the team, so any damage to the time stream that he makes is likely to be minor, compared to what Rip and the team are likely to do.

Retired

You should be better than that. You can be better than that.
    I apologize. I'll try to do better in the future.