Quote Originally Posted by Material Flux View Post
If a majority of viewers enjoyed the direction it was going, they wouldn't have pivoted so hard. This show is probably one of the best examples of a show changing directions and gaining popularity and success as a result; I've seen articles online saying the same.
I feel like season 2 (and to an extent season 3) balanced the tones better and that's when Legends started getting more popular.
Even the show itself makes fun of this when the characters say they hate crossovers...
And that annoys me. Like, it really felt bad when it happened during Crisis and almost like they were belittling the whole thing. Like they're somehow above/better than it.
This is not a Legends specific issue, the writers generally didn't care much about the shared universe aside from crossovers once it branched out from being just Arrow and Flash. Batwoman and Black Lightning had some damn stupid storylines that completely disregarded the wider Arrowverse.
I don't think anything major in Batwoman contradicts the wider Arrowverse that much.