Page 273 of 277 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277 LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 4155

In some ways it's fitting that Nate leaves and Booster more or less joins since Nate was probably the relatively biggest comic character still on the show, and with him gone that's now Booster. And Booster's a bigger name than Citizen Steel anyways .

haven't watched the show in a while, but i always thought if Booster Gold never showed up in a time travel dc show like Legends of Tomorrow, it'd be ridiculous. Not sure if I'll catch up any time soon, but good that he finally made an appearence.

A bow tie wearing time traveling doctor this season and no Rip Hunter. For shame.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In some ways it's fitting that Nate leaves and Booster more or less joins since Nate was probably the relatively biggest comic character still on the show, and with him gone that's now Booster. And Booster's a bigger name than Citizen Steel anyways .
    They replaced someone very knowledgeable in the past with someone knowledgeable of the future.

I enjoyed Faison's introduction playing golf during a battle. I don't know if Booster would be so flippant while surrounded by death, but... this show has its way with established characters so I'm not expecting a ton of similarities. But hey, you can't introduce BG without having him steal a time machine due to being dissatisfied with his dead-end job - at least that's right on brand. He does seem to be a bit of a schemer and underachiever, so we'll see where they go with it.(if the show returns)

And if they do, what are the odds of Sara having an accelerated pregnancy due to her alien physiology? They might do it through some time travel thing, but my money's on the former.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-04-2022 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    They replaced someone very knowledgeable in the past with someone knowledgeable of the future.

I enjoyed Faison's introduction playing golf during a battle. I don't know if Booster would be so flippant while surrounded by death, but... this show has its way with established characters so I'm not expecting a ton of similarities. But hey, you can't introduce BG without having him steal a time machine due to being dissatisfied with his dead-end job - at least that's right on brand. He does seem to be a bit of a schemer and underachiever, so we'll see where they go with it.(if the show returns)

And if they do, what are the odds of Sara having an accelerated pregnancy due to her alien physiology? They might do it through some time travel thing, but my money's on the former.
    The fact that they actually called him Booster Gold makes me think they at least care enough about him as an established character to use his Superhero name.

Whether we actually see him in-costume or get Skeets is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    haven't watched the show in a while, but i always thought if Booster Gold never showed up in a time travel dc show like Legends of Tomorrow, it'd be ridiculous. Not sure if I'll catch up any time soon, but good that he finally made an appearence.
    He appears in the final episode, honestly no reason to catch up, if you want to watch with Booster, then start with the new season.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

The fact that they actually called him Booster Gold makes me think they at least care enough about him as an established character to use his Superhero name.

Whether we actually see him in-costume or get Skeets is another story.
    Considering the team just lost AI Gideon, I'm halfway expecting Skeets in some way. And considering what the show has become, it actually makes less sense now for Booster to ever appear in costume. I have no expectations about that.

People begrudge what this show is. But for me it is the most fun show on CW. I get genuine joy every week. I like Superman and Star Girl a lot. Flash was good this last short mini season, but the season before that was barely watchable. I can't watch the other shows.
    So I hope Legends continues to do what it is doing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It's kind of amazing to me that Sara's outlasted all the seasons 1-3 Legends. I mean, technically Zari is still around but it's not the same Zari as season 3. Gary and Ava have the 2nd longest tenure if not exactly having always been part of the team. Behrad technically took OG!Zari's place but he's really a season 5 character.
    Considering the team just lost AI Gideon, I'm halfway expecting Skeets in some way. And considering what the show has become, it actually makes less sense now for Booster to ever appear in costume. I have no expectations about that.
    The EP implies they're going to build up to Booster getting his costume.

Yesterday I was bummed about Batwoman's lame Season finale. This one however was great!

The war sequences were pretty dark, I was surprised. But it also had a lot of lighthearted moments.

Good conclusion for Gideon's arc! Shame to see Nate go. Sara being depowered makes sense, she was pretty OP that way. Happy that Gwyn gets a happy ending. Wonder if Alun is a Legend now as well?
    Speaking of members, Booster has a lot of promise.

I just hope the next Season gets confirmed soon.

Do we think this is the actual end of Nate on the show? I'm a bit surprised, but also in hindsight it seems like they had been setting this up with the totem the whole time. The mustard gas scene was crazy.

Sara getting pregnant reminded me of Kif from Futurama. I'm glad the pregnancy is making her human again.

As for Booster, it feels like they left a lot open for his backstory. They can make him the Booster we know (and hopefully him being called "Mike" was a one time thing) in a number of different ways. I like the set-up for next season (presuming there is one).

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    My problem with this ending, though, is where the hell were these time cops for the entire season? Why weren't they arrested earlier? It makes no damn sense.
    Especially frustrating when "earlier" doesn't hold a lot of meaning to time travelers.

Well, that is certainly a cliffhanger to leave off on as the Legends all get arrested for all their various time crimes by...the new time bureau? I'm guessing their from Boosters' timeline, but if comic continuity means anything that also means their from the Legion timeline. Although knowing this show they'll probably just do their own thing.
    Did Brainiac 5 ever mention a Time Bureau on Supergirl?

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    haven't watched the show in a while, but i always thought if Booster Gold never showed up in a time travel dc show like Legends of Tomorrow, it'd be ridiculous.
    It's kind of ridiculous it took them so long and they introduced so many OCs before it happened.

And considering what the show has become, it actually makes less sense now for Booster to ever appear in costume. I have no expectations about that.
    We might see him in it just as often as we saw Ray wear the Atom suit. I wonder if there will be any similarities in costumes and technology?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Do we think this is the actual end of Nate on the show? I'm a bit surprised, but also in hindsight it seems like they had been setting this up with the totem the whole time. The mustard gas scene was crazy.

Sara getting pregnant reminded me of Kif from Futurama. I'm glad the pregnancy is making her human again.
    Definitely Nate is gone, and it's actually a two-for-one because it kinda writes off Zari 1.0 also. But just like most legends, it's done in a way where he can be brought back for a guest stint anytime.

With the pregnancy, it makes for a setup to write off Sara and Ava should the show last another season after next (if renewed). Hard to see the show continue without Sara, though, as none of the current group, beyond Gary and Gideon, do it for me connection-wise.

Granted, we haven't gotten into Booster yet, but just based off the finale, he's a little too much comedy relief for me, which says a lot amongst a group where everyone is comedy relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Good conclusion for Gideon's arc! Shame to see Nate go. Sara being depowered makes sense, she was pretty OP that way. Happy that Gwyn gets a happy ending. Wonder if Alun is a Legend now as well?
    Not that the show did much with it.

I'm kind of curious what the plan is for Alun since he seems to be there to just be Gwyn's lover but now he's stuck with them, so what does he bring to the table other than being another British gay guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    As for Booster, it feels like they left a lot open for his backstory. They can make him the Booster we know (and hopefully him being called "Mike" was a one time thing) in a number of different ways. I like the set-up for next season (presuming there is one).
    I wonder if they'll mention his sister.
    Did Brainiac 5 ever mention a Time Bureau on Supergirl?
    In hindsight it's kind of surprising all the time tinkering the Legion did on that show never had any major repercussions. Although it would be kind of hilarious in a dark way if next season we see Brainy under arrest for trying to stay with Nia in the present instead of returning to the future.

I wonder if Booster is still from the Legion's time in this universe.
    It's kind of ridiculous it took them so long and they introduced so many OCs before it happened.
    When was the last "major" comics character on this show? Enchantress back in season 5? Neron?
    We might see him in it just as often as we saw Ray wear the Atom suit. I wonder if there will be ansimilarities in costumes and technology?
    Or Nate wear the Steel suit.

It's kind of hilarious how the evil robot doppelgangers were the only time we actually saw Sara and Nate's costumes this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Definitely Nate is gone, and it's actually a two-for-one because it kinda writes off Zari 1.0 also. But just like most legends, it's done in a way where he can be brought back for a guest stint anytime.
    I definitely feel like Nate's more likely to come back compared to some other Legends that have left.
    With the pregnancy, it makes for a setup to write off Sara and Ava should the show last another season after next (if renewed). Hard to see the show continue without Sara, though, as none of the current group, beyond Gary and Gideon, do it for me connection-wise.
    Would Gideon take over as captain? I couldn't really see anyone else do it, especially with Nate gone.
    Granted, we haven't gotten into Booster yet, but just based off the finale, he's a little too much comedy relief for me, which says a lot amongst a group where everyone is comedy relief.
    Basically the Legends are the new JLI.

When was the last "major" comics character on this show? Enchantress back in season 5? Neron?
    That sounds about right. Although for all I know they did sneak in a somewhat muddied reference to a "major" character.

Or Nate wear the Steel suit.

It's kind of hilarious how the evil robot doppelgangers were the only time we actually saw Sara and Nate's costumes this season.
    At least Nate can use his powers out of costume. Ray couldn't, and it's probable Booster will be more useful in costume than out.

That was a fun little Booster cameo in "The Flash." With all the time manipulation in that ep, it's surprising there wasn't more connecting to the Legends. (they did mention "fixed points" so they seem on the same page about how some of this works, at least)