Page 110 of 277 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 4155
    BANNED

This series wins once again (even though Arrow hasn't premiered yet) ; keeping the goofy DC comic bookiness to the maximum with fun action, comradery, and humor. Great character moments without any drama or people being difficult for no reason. Everything makes sense and works. These characters are flawed but they're a family and so gosh darn lovable that you can't help but love 'em.

Really curious to see what's up with Amaya. Also, anyone know who "Mallus" is? A new character or someone from the DC universe? All I know is what I've read (he ties back to Arrow Season 4 and Constantine's actions during his guest appearance) and what Rip's assistant said: the Legends are the reason for him being a threat. Very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    SUPERGIRL, FLASH and LEGENDS OF TOMORROW all have season openers with the characters going though a down time. Kind of a strange way to start a season, but LEGENDS was the clear winner as it did this with a lot of humour. I'm really excited for this season.

It was nice to see the team members each living different lives. As I watched this episode before THE FLASH, the timing worked out well for Central City. We didn't get to see what else was happening in Star City--and if Sara was spending time with friends and family.

The Waverider looks smaller on the outside than it does on the inside.
    I guess Rory...er...Rip picked up a trick or two along the way.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

It looks Rip Hunter never heard the saying: "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster."

However? Vampires? Please, PLEASE, have Andrew Bennett appear and have the crew frustrate him with vampire questions!

So Constantine is going to perform an exorcism? Does anyone have any theories? Here are mine:

1. Rip Hunter: It could explain his behavior.
    2. Vixen: maybe she accidentally summons Anansi
    3. Zari (I can't remember how to spell the name of the new girl, sorry): maybe she messed with the wrong magic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    It looks Rip Hunter never heard the saying: "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster."

However? Vampires? Please, PLEASE, have Andrew Bennett appear and have the crew frustrate him with vampire questions!

So Constantine is going to perform an exorcism? Does anyone have any theories? Here are mine:

1. Rip Hunter: It could explain his behavior.
    2. Vixen: maybe she accidentally summons Anansi
    3. Zari (I can't remember how to spell the name of the new girl, sorry): maybe she messed with the wrong magic.
    He is going to assist the Legends with battling Mallus and Damien Darhk. It ties back to Arrow season 4

Retired

Freckles said it best, "Sometimes we screw things up for the better."

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Freckles said it best, "Sometimes we screw things up for the better."
    Which reminds me: how many guys would have spoken to someone as cute as Freckles the way her manager did in yesterday's episode?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

Since Sara leads with her chin, I'm not sure "Freckles" is the nickname I'd give her. Clearly, the way her manager handled her, this wasn't his first time making a bad life decision.

On another front--Sara and Rip--awkward.

BANNED

don't know if its been talked about already, but Victor Garber will be leaving the show later on in the season

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    don't know if its been talked about already, but Victor Garber will be leaving the show later on in the season
    I’ve been waiting for someone to drop that bombshell; i am a little sad, but i think the writings been on the wall since last season. Stein has been more and more conflicted about his time on the waverider, and firestorm has been used rather sparingly in battle. Don’t know if both he and franz are going but maybe the ray will take his spot on the team once the crisis on earth x is over.

BANNED

id like for Firestorm to stick around

I like Jackson and the more brown people on network tv, the better IMO

Retired

It's just amazing that Victor Garber has stuck with the Arrowverse for as long as he has. While it always seemed likely that the actor would leave, it also has seemed likely that Stein would leave and should leave. It makes no sense--even if he can loop back in time to recover his lost days with his family, which he never has actually done--that he would stay on the Waverider when he could be with Clarissa and Lily. We didn't get to see Clarissa on this episode--I hope that Isabella Hofmann can put in an appearance when Martin comes home.

I've warmed up to the actor playing Jax, but it's in the nature of LEGENDS for characters to switch out to make room for other Legends. The only two characters that need to be on the show are Sara and Ray--and even them I'm not too sure about. I wouldn't mind seeing Jax and Wally trade places--with a new Firestorm duo on THE FLASH, while Kid Flash gets to be the only speedster on LEGENDS. Even if that's a bit too on the nose, given Keiynan Lonsdale was originally up for the role of Jackson but they cast him as West instead.

I know Rip was trying to go for the more "cleaned up" look, but seeing him without his trademark jacket and goatee takes some getting used to.

I get that Sara hated working in retail (Oliver or Quentin couldn't have found her a better job in Star City?) but her imagining violently murdering her boss probably isn't too healthy...

It's pretty sad seeing Ray finally reveal he was still alive to the public only to end up working for a software firm that makes dating apps, because Felicity apparently ran PalmerTech into the ground before she got ousted. He'd have probably been happier teaching at Ivy Town.

I guess Wally had those thugs tangled up enough that they couldn't see or hear anything but him and Nate taking off their masks and using their real names around them just seemed kind of dumb. And I guess if Nate was the "second favorite hero" of Central City, either Wally and Cisco must be #3.

Wow, Amaya was actually responsible and went back to her own time? It fits with her character but I'm still kind of impressed after she threw caution to the wind to hook up with Nate.

I was expecting Lilly would get together with one of the Legends, so seeing her with a surprise pregnancy with her mysterious boyfriend/soon-to-be-fiance was interesting. I actually kind of want to know who this guy is now.

What a difference a few years make, to where Stein is now the one who wants to settle down while Jax is so gung-ho about being on the ship.

It's nice to see them explicitly acknowledge Sara's bi-sexuality, even if it's off-screen.

I can't tell if Sara and that agent are going to be begrudging frenemies or end up having angry sex at some point .

Man, King Arthur just can't catch a break on this show...

I have a hard time believing Rip would deactivate Gideon and use the Waverider as a training simulator for five years given how much that ship means to him.

Holy crud, Amaya using the animal spirits to maul those poachers was new (and definitely something Mari's never done). Though, while they were poachers, I wonder if something is off with her that she would seem to enjoy watching them get slaughtered like that? It didn't really seem like Amaya .

I wonder if Amaya has conceived Mari's mom at this point?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I kinda got the sense that Garber was done when I saw promo material with him in the Firestorm suit. He said in interviews he would have never taken the role if it meant putting on a costume .

I do kinda wonder what this means for Firestorm, since that probably means Jax needs someone new to combine with unless they want to drop him completely given how much they avoid using him for budget.

Retired

The fact that Rip has abandoned everything that defined him as a character (except his accent) and has allowed the Legends to lift several of his time devices would suggest that he's probably working a long con--and really set up the Legends to go on their rogue mission.

The special effects problems with Firestorm are problems of the producers' own making. But maybe they didn't intend Firestorm to be more than a guest star on a few episodes of THE FLASH. The original Al Milgrom design of Firestorm doesn't require special effects--except for his flame head and flying. And the flame head isn't absolutely necessary. They could pull off most of Firestorm's tricks with practical effects. If they had been cautious with the Firestorm design at the outset, they wouldn't be blowing their budget on him now.

Of course, if Stein leaves and Jax has to find a new partner, that could give them an excuse to rethink Firestorm and create a simpler and cheaper design. Maybe cut the flying and make him a fire elemental who just throws fireballs sometimes, but looks like a human being with glam rock make-up.

Should the series get cancelled--as always seems like a possibility, I'm afraid--I'd like it if Ray Palmer goes to Ivy Town and becomes a professor. They were going to do an Atom series with Brandon Routh, before they opted for the LEGENDS OF TOMORROW. And if Ray was at Ivy University, he would still time travel, since classic Professor Palmer had the Time Pool.

BANNED

delete
    10char
    Last edited by Elmo; 10-11-2017 at 11:49 PM.

Ultimate Member

Who knows maybe Amaya was pregnant when she went back to her time...and now has gone a bit overboard...or something like that...they'd have to leave the kid behind or something like that...