Page 223 of 277 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 4155
    Amazing Member

Tonight's episode was bittersweet.

Last time I cried this much was when Professor Stein died.

I'm gonna miss Ray and Nora.

What an episode.

Gideon's scene in particular killed me.

Please come back for the finale Ray!

It was really ironic Ray talking Shakespeare into writing the tragic end for Romeo and Juliet because it made for a better story while Ray was defending his choice to leave, all the while knowing Brandon didn't want to go and disagreed that his character's story was done. That must've been rough.

is there a comics version? if not, why isn't there one yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is there a comics version? if not, why isn't there one yet?
    I would love to see a comic where they meet their comic book counterparts.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Anyone else hope someone writes Romeo V Juliiet : Dawn of Justness? I mean, someone wrote Shakespeare Star Wars.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    In typical Legends-style, they took what could've been a serious and dark story and turned it into a sitcom with hilarious misunderstandings. I loved it. Damien calling Constantine "Johnny C" and then when they were battling, repelling him and saying "Brexit!" I laughed every time they referred to Rene as "Wild Dog" or just "Mr. Dog", and that Mr. Roger-style show was great.

I wish they hadn't rushed the wedding, though. Black Lightning just did it, and I'm getting tired of a random ordained character marrying two characters while only the cast is present. Stein did it for Caitlin and Ronnie way back when too. Also I guess it's nice Ray is over Anna and everything, but I feel like he mentioned her a lot more in season one, and it could've been nice for him to think about her and question if this is happening too fast.

Also, Mick's a lowlife.

And for him to return to Hell where he's going to be tortured for the rest of eternity.
    I thought the demonic sword was supposed to destroy the soul. Which is why Damien took the sword to begin with. Seems that Damien is a powerful enough to have at least put up a fight to being dragged back to hell.

Time ship needs more than one bathroom. Get on that Gideon!

Very bittersweet. At least we know that Ray and Nora have each other in real life. Must be tough for both to lose their job. Hope they both get new work.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    And for him to return to Hell where he's going to be tortured for the rest of eternity.
    He killed himself with Khan's sword, which obliterates the soul. He wasn't going back to hell, he was erasing himself from existence.

That was as good a sendoff for Ray and Nora as anyone could have hoped for. Understandably, it was mostly about Ray and Nate, the bromance to end all bromances on this show.

I think it was a horrible sendoff for The Atom though. Like, the last time we see the suit and it's just flying around crashing into stuff while Ray is too drunk to use it? He doesn't get one big hero moment this whole episode? Firestorm got a better sendoff by comparison.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That was as good a sendoff for Ray and Nora as anyone could have hoped for. Understandably, it was mostly about Ray and Nate, the bromance to end all bromances on this show.

I think it was a horrible sendoff for The Atom though. Like, the last time we see the suit and it's just flying around crashing into stuff while Ray is too drunk to use it? He doesn't get one big hero moment this whole episode? Firestorm got a better sendoff by comparison.
    That's because it was still a superhero show when Firestorm left, which hasn't been the case for quite a while now.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Great gender stereotype reversal of the boys sharing their feelings over drinks while the girls have a wild party with strippers. Also, I love the meta humor on this show. Nate reading the play and being angry that Mercutio didn't just steel up again while fighting and then telling the actors they were bumped for Riverdale.

I was getting worried that Ray and Nate weren't going to have a final moment, but of course they did, and it was perfect.

So Nate wanted to bring Rene in on this party? What about Wally, I thought he and Nate were buds? Or Jax for that matter. Given all the references to Wild Dog recently, I'm wondering it they are going to have him come in to replace Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Anyone else hope someone writes Romeo V Juliiet : Dawn of Justness? I mean, someone wrote Shakespeare Star Wars.
    That would be incredible. Although I'd rather see that Shakespearean Justice League with Puck.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I agree. Rather than Rene, I want Ryan Choi to become a cast member on the show, and I'm holding out hope that whenever he does become the Atom, Ray will return and have a final moment as the Atom passing the mantle on to Ryan.

Ultimate Member

Given the whole time travel aspect of the show maybe they could have Ray and Nora have a kid and said kid later joins the team after he or she is all grown up...

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Still can't believe they axed both of my favorites. It should've been Nate and Charlie (or nu-Zari).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Given the whole time travel aspect of the show maybe they could have Ray and Nora have a kid and said kid later joins the team after he or she is all grown up...
    That would be awesome actually. They could steal the character from Marvel. What if Iron Man was Sorcerer Supreme. A high tech guy who dabbles in magic as well.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.