Page 247 of 277 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 4155
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

This was the best episode this season, by far. And yes, I realize that isn't saying much.

I agree with what others have been saying as far as Astra's redundancy, but she hasn't been around a lot (yet) so I'm ok with her making occasional appearances as John's protege. Ryan and Swann are both good actors, so at least there's that.

However Spooner? Just... why? I hope as soon as they find Sara they write her off, because "alien detector" is a very limited ability - plus she's pretty unlikable in general.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This was the best episode this season, by far. And yes, I realize that isn't saying much.

I agree with what others have been saying as far as Astra's redundancy, but she hasn't been around a lot (yet) so I'm ok with her making occasional appearances as John's protege. Ryan and Swann are both good actors, so at least there's that.

However Spooner? Just... why? I hope as soon as they find Sara they write her off, because "alien detector" is a very limited ability - plus she's pretty unlikable in general.
    Yeah, Spooner isn't doing much for me at the moment other than being a "tough girl with vague alien powers."

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Heh.

Astra did look mighty fine all dolled up for this episode, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Heh.

Astra did look mighty fine all dolled up for this episode, IMO.
    I can never complain about how good looking the cast is on this show .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, that never grows old, Frontier.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, that never grows old, Frontier.
    With the departure of the ever-lovable (and lovely!) Brandon Routh, I can honestly say this show has nothing to offer me in the eye candy dept.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

With the departure of the ever-lovable (and lovely!) Brandon Routh, I can honestly say this show has nothing to offer me in the eye candy dept.
    Brandon? No. His wife? Yes!

Incredible Member

since season 3 , this series is about as offbeat as they come , shame the series is continually populated by unlikeable characters. they already did a spoof of everything , they had a bollywood musical , a puppet episode etc , why not a animated disney princess one.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

To really make me jazzed again I need some real C/D list characters populating the Waverider again.
    We started with Hawkman & Hawkwoman for goodness sake on this show in S1.
    Moved into Firestorm, Atom, Steel while keeping White Canary.
    Gained Vixen & Constantine.

Now its Gary, Spooner, Ava and these "wind" totem heroes. Who may be comic based but here they don't impress me.

Resurrect Ragman from Arrow or Mister Terrific. Bring me Bronze Tiger if we stay with established Arrow-verse characters. Hell a S1 revived Red Tornado even!! That would be gold, could be anyway. Not sure any of the Black Lightning characters would mix on the Waverider, they've never had much in the way of a funny bone.
    Bring in DC heroes not yet seen. Adam Strange(use the Krypton actor even?), Captain Comet, Plastic Man would fit right in(I'd say Elongated Man but...) just so many options really.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm honestly kind of amazed they bothered to use Enchantress this season given how often this show eschews using anything or anyone from the comics at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    To really make me jazzed again I need some real C/D list characters populating the Waverider again.
    We started with Hawkman & Hawkwoman for goodness sake on this show in S1.
    Moved into Firestorm, Atom, Steel while keeping White Canary.
    Gained Vixen & Constantine.

Now its Gary, Spooner, Ava and these "wind" totem heroes. Who may be comic based but here they don't impress me.

Resurrect Ragman from Arrow or Mister Terrific. Bring me Bronze Tiger if we stay with established Arrow-verse characters. Hell a S1 revived Red Tornado even!! That would be gold, could be anyway. Not sure any of the Black Lightning characters would mix on the Waverider, they've never had much in the way of a funny bone.
    Bring in DC heroes not yet seen. Adam Strange(use the Krypton actor even?), Captain Comet, Plastic Man would fit right in(I'd say Elongated Man but...) just so many options really.
    Not even I would wish Season 1 Red Tornado on this show. The costume on the guy looked like carpet samples, for god's sake.

I really don't understand how they decide what characters to use for the show. In some cases, it's story driven (the Hawks). In some cases, fans demand to see these characters continue (Sara, Constantine, Ray, Snart and Mick). And in some cases, they either pull random characters from the D-List (Steel, Firestorm Zari- who was originally a character named Isis, so no wondering why they dropped THAT name), or just make them up (Ava, Spooner, Behrad). And most of the time it feels like they don't really know what to do with any character that wasn't created by them. How often did Atom suit up in the later episodes? Steel is a joke. Hell, they had Kid Flash for a season, only used him for about a third of it, and he wasn't even that memorable.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The idea would be to retool and update Red Tornado from Supergirl S1.
    I didn't make that clear. My bad.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The idea would be to retool and update Red Tornado from Supergirl S1.
    I didn't make that clear. My bad.
    I actually kinda liked him in Crisis on Earth X. There they went full on digital character that actually looked pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Not even I would wish Season 1 Red Tornado on this show. The costume on the guy looked like carpet samples, for god's sake.

I really don't understand how they decide what characters to use for the show. In some cases, it's story driven (the Hawks). In some cases, fans demand to see these characters continue (Sara, Constantine, Ray, Snart and Mick). And in some cases, they either pull random characters from the D-List (Steel, Firestorm Zari- who was originally a character named Isis, so no wondering why they dropped THAT name), or just make them up (Ava, Spooner, Behrad). And most of the time it feels like they don't really know what to do with any character that wasn't created by them. How often did Atom suit up in the later episodes? Steel is a joke. Hell, they had Kid Flash for a season, only used him for about a third of it, and he wasn't even that memorable.
    At this point it seems like they're more comfortable with original characters and eschewing away from strong powersets.

I like the focus on Astra and showing what she had been doing these past few episodes. I didn't like that they randomly seemed to make the neighbor racist just because it's the fastest and laziest way to designate him an unlikable person. Also, the animated Beauty and the Beast-esque bit was a lot of fun, but it was disappointing that we didn't get to see versions of Sara and especially Mick.

Speaking of Sara, I am definitely more interested in her plot now that we've seen the guy behind all this (who actually reminds me of a villain from the old Men in Black cartoon).

Wynonna Earp is on my list of shows to get around to on Netflix. I've been working my backlog so it may take awhile. Maybe by then there will be 15 seasons! haha.
    I think the concept behind Wynonna Earp is great and I watched the first two seasons, but I dropped it in season three. Maybe I need to go back to it. Wait, why is a DC show advertising for an IDW show?