Page 100 of 277 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 4155
    BANNED

Jax is still learning about what he can do as Firestorm. Hopefully we can see him fully grasp his powers in the future.

As for FS easily being taken out by an arrow, that's because the producers love John Barrowman. No other reason. Also it's reasonable to assume the arrow was fired into the quantum splicer, which would explain why they un-merged considering that's the device that keeps them together.

I missed most of the season i don't know what it is but seems like I only had time to watch Flash this year. Thankfully to Netflix releasing the season a week after it aired I am fully caught up thanks to binge watching the show. anyways. I did like Mick's progression in this season. Something I didn't like is the swerve they did with Vixen. I was smelling a Vixen/Rory romance coming the way she seemed to see past the aura he was trying to give off. Even in the end of the season she still trusted him even after he betrayed them knowing that on some level he did it for them not just for his own selfish reasons. Seemed where that they had that connection and then they push her with Nate. I think that whole thing could have been served better if it was Mick who was freezing and the irony of it as well with him being heat wave and probably a line about how Snart would have laughed at that.

I do like the idea of some of the cast being taken out and replaced by others. It gives chances for other DC characters to shine. Like Vixen we know has to go back to her own time or the current Vixen wont be made. Now is this current Vixen going to be the granddaughter of Nate's and she passes on the child as some one elses?

I am kind of hoping that with their mess up in breaking time this could lead to a cross over event in which this earth/universe has to merge with Supergirls in order to restore it for some reason or another. I think its just silly now with them having them all there like that. Would be better if they all just were in the same universe.

Retired

For plot reasons, I think the only two characters that Amaya could have hooked up with are Nate and Jax. If she had hooked up with Mick, he wouldn't have given a flying fig about the timeline and there wouldn't be any dramatic tension. If it was Ray, he'd already know the problem from the outset. Only Jax and Nate were betwixt and between, so there was some psychological and ethical dilemma. With Nate there was the added motivation given his own family history.

Once the writers knew where they were headed, I think that's when they decided to throw Nate and Amaya together. Before then, it seemed just as likely that Vixen was going to fall into the arms of Heatwave or the Atom. But I have to admit there didn't seem to be any real attraction between Vixen and Steel.

On THE FLASH, sliding between worlds doesn't seem to be a problem--and we see characters from different universes in almost every episode. So it almost doesn't matter anymore what universe SUPERGIRL exists in. I think an actual SLIDERS type series with the DC characters could happen. Maybe that will happen with the LEGENDS. Instead of strictly travelling through time, maybe they'll travel to alternate timelines.

So, I gave Season 2 a chance after greatly disliking the first season. I do agree with people here that it is much improved. I like the additions of Amaya and Captain Steel (well, I tolerate him). Steel is cheesy as hell, but I liked his budding relationship with Amaya.

Still, too much monologuing at critical moments. Especially by the Legion of Doom. Yes, there is such a thing as too much monologuing in a superhero show. CW needs to tone it down a bit. The MCU shows have their fair share, but they also have better writing overall.

The season end's cliffhanger of sorts opens up a lot of possibilities for Season 3. I also agree that there needs to be more crossover with Flash (it'll help his show).

I will check out Season 3. Glad that Netflix was able to post S2 so quickly.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Synopsis for season 3:

After the defeat of Eobard Thawne and his equally nefarious Legion of Doom, the Legends face a new threat created by their actions at the end of last season. In revisiting a moment in time that they had already participated in, they have essentially fractured the timeline and created anachronisms – a scattering of people, animals, and objects all across time! Our team must find a way to return all the anachronisms to their original timelines before the time stream falls apart.

But before our Legends can jump back into action, Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill) and his newly established Time Bureau call their methods into question. With the Time Bureau effectively the new sheriffs in town, the Legends disband – until Mick Rory (Dominic Purcell) discovers one of them in the middle of his well-deserved vacation in Aruba. Seeing this as an opportunity to continue their time traveling heroics, Sara (Caity Lotz) wastes no time in getting the Legends back together. We reunite with billionaire inventor Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), the unconventional historian-turned-superhero Nick Heywood (Nick Zano), and Professor Martin Stein (Victor Garber) and Jefferson “Jax” Jackson (Franz Drameh), who together form the meta-human Firestorm.

Once reunited, the Legends will challenge the Time Bureau’s authority over the timeline and insist that however messy their methods may be, some problems are beyond the Bureau’s capabilities. Some problems can only be fixed by Legends.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Very interesting. I wonder if they're setting up Rip to be the big bad this season; or perhaps both the Legends and Rip's new Time Bureau clash due to their own methods of dealing with whoever the big bad this season will be.

No mention of Vixen...

Retired

These synopses sound like they were prepared for the Upfronts. They come across as pitches for the industry and not something to get the general public excited for the new season.

All of this action might only happen in the first twenty minutes of the debut episode. I'm guessing everybody goes back to their home time--so Amaya would be back in the 1940s--before Sara reassembles the team. Maybe retrieving Vixen needs its own episode.

The Time Bureau seems like it would be a snore. I don't imagine Rip Hunter being content there for very long. Too much bureaucracy.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Very interesting. I wonder if they're setting up Rip to be the big bad this season; or perhaps both the Legends and Rip's new Time Bureau clash due to their own methods of dealing with whoever the big bad this season will be.

No mention of Vixen...
    Please, no antagonist Rip Hunter!

Spectacular Member

How to ruin Rip Hunter further. To be fair, the Legends do screw up a lot more than Barry does and get zero punishment for it. Hell, Stein hit the jackpot and got a daughter. So, I am ok with something that reigns them. I do think Legends is probably the one show that could go away without too much of a problem. The fact they have a limited run makes me think that CW is dong this until they can get a JLA show off the air.

Retired

I get this picture in my head when I think of Rip Hunter working at the Time Bureau: Rip clean-shave, grey suit, skinny tie, glasses; sitting in his office cubicle in front of a computer terminal, answering phones, reporting to his mid-level supervisor, filing reports; located in some drab office tower at the end of time; going home to an empty apartment and a cat. His own living hell.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    How to ruin Rip Hunter further. To be fair, the Legends do screw up a lot more than Barry does and get zero punishment for it. Hell, Stein hit the jackpot and got a daughter. So, I am ok with something that reigns them. I do think Legends is probably the one show that could go away without too much of a problem. The fact they have a limited run makes me think that CW is dong this until they can get a JLA show off the air.
    My only hope this is not 'our' Rip Hunter, and it's either some villain in disguise or an evil alternate/time version of him.

Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Could've done a JSA spin-off. Had they not, ya know, killed them all. Added the Hawks and Jay Garrick. Hourman didn't even show off his power set. So lame.

Yeah, as cool as it was for them to introduce the JSA...they really didn't do much of significance with them, other then Vixen.

I mean, they proved important to the Spear storyline, but only in a way where they were all either pushed into obscurity (Stargirl, Obsidian) or dead (Commander Steel, Dr. Mid-Nite) without really getting to do much of note.

Which is pretty disappointing given how hyped their appearance was.

Not to mention the Legion of Doom. Both were wasted opportunities. But it isn't surprising given that Guggenheim has pull. Does anyone remember his offensive send off to the JSA prior to New52? Turning Alan Scott into a giant doofy LITERAL lantern and then killing him? Garbage. Waste of Scott Kolins' talent.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Not to mention the Legion of Doom. Both were wasted opportunities. But it isn't surprising given that Guggenheim has pull. Does anyone remember his offensive send off to the JSA prior to New52? Turning Alan Scott into a giant doofy LITERAL lantern and then killing him? Garbage. Waste of Scott Kolins' talent.
    I think what we got with the Legion was much better and more substantial by comparison. They even got two of their own intro's .

Yeah, I haven't heard a lot of good thing about Guggenheim's JSA run.