Page 106 of 277 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 4155

So the CW casts two lighter-skinned actresses to portray the heroic Vixens, but they cast a darker-skinned actress to play the villainous family member. The CW has some serious colorism issues, and no, I don't think it's all a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    So the CW casts two lighter-skinned actresses to portray the heroic Vixens, but they cast a darker-skinned actress to play the villainous family member. The CW has some serious colorism issues, and no, I don't think it's all a coincidence.
    Meh Firestorm, kid flash, and Joe west are pretty dark skinned and they are all good guys
    Last edited by Qwerty; 07-28-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Also J'onn J'onnz (David Harewood) is dark skinned and a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Meh Firestorm, kid flash, and Joe west are pretty dark skinned and they are all good guys
    True, but those characters fall under other stereotypes and cliche portrayals. Although Wally West and Firestorm aren't exactly dark. They look like they have the same skin tone of both Vixens and MAYBE Iris West.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Don't forget Diggle.

How do you know who auditioned for each role?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I really wish the real Vixen was a part of this ...and I wish that they would stop using astral projections and use animal sounds so Amaya can use a variety of animals and not be limited

Bloop

You and many others see it.

Uh... they're light-skinned.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    But he also falls under a trope most black characters are written in, but +1 to CW for having a dark-skinned male be a good guy...

True, but those characters fall under other stereotypes and cliche portrayals. Although Wally West and Firestorm aren't exactly dark. They look like they have the same skin tone of both Vixens and MAYBE Iris West.
    You get it.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Don't forget Diggle.
    He also falls under a common trope but another +1 for the CW for having a brown-skinned male be a good guy.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    He also falls under a common trope but another +1 for the CW for having a brown-skinned male be a good guy.
    Diggle was one of the founding members of Team Arrow. He was also one of the first people to be let in on Oliver's crime fighting alter-ego. Diversity isn't a problem for the CW. The Alex/Maggie relationship in Supergirl for example. Before that there was Sarah Lance and Nyssa al Ghul.

I don't see an issue with CW's ethnic casting. Diggle is a strong character who fights for right. The color of his skin plays no role in making the character any better or any worse. White characters can be written as tropes as well, but I don't see you complaining about that. If characters as tropes are what you don't like, it's a problem with the writing as a whole instead of with a particular ethnicity. In Arrow seasons three and four Felicity lives and breathes the Creators' Pet trope, and she's a Caucasian.

Jax/wallly/iris all light skinned Joe is just brown. He might not be dark but hes not light skinned imo either. I mean MM is the darkest character, probaly followed by pike. But i dont think we are counting side characters like pike and Walter(who was the only paternal figure in ollie or Theas life who wasnt corrupt in some way). I think Asians are the only ones who can complain though honestly. Outside of a samurai episode of LOT i cant think of many asains in the cw shows. But thats a hollywood problem not just CW. They think the average females isnt as attraced to asian males so they dont cast them in leading roles. Maybe thats whats happening here? Maybe they think the GA is more attractesd to light skin black people. And clearly CW is hung up on looks. My personal prefferance leans towards light skinned black girls but that doesnt mean i dont find women who are wesley snipes dark attractive because there are plenty i do. And of your trying out to be on a CW show you are probaly beautiful anyway.

I havent watched the black lightning trailer since it first came out was he and his fmaily lightskinned?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Diggle was one of the founding members of Team Arrow.
    I think it is fair to say he is the founding member.
    Without Diggle, Ollie would have been just some nutter crossing names of a list without any interest in heroics or helping people beyond that.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Jax/wallly/iris all light skinned Joe is just brown. He might not be dark but hes not light skinned imo either. I mean MM is the darkest character, probaly followed by pike. But i dont think we are counting side characters like pike and Walter(who was the only paternal figure in ollie or Theas life who wasnt corrupt in some way). I think Asians are the only ones who can complain though honestly. Outside of a samurai episode of LOT i cant think of many asains in the cw shows. But thats a hollywood problem not just CW. They think the average females isnt as attraced to asian males so they dont cast them in leading roles. Maybe thats whats happening here? Maybe they think the GA is more attractesd to light skin black people. And clearly CW is hung up on looks. My personal prefferance leans towards light skinned black girls but that doesnt mean i dont find women who are wesley snipes dark attractive because there are plenty i do. And of your trying out to be on a CW show you are probaly beautiful anyway.
    If they are beautiful, whatever the color or shading, I will watch.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

I havent watched the black lightning trailer since it first came out was he and his fmaily lightskinned?
    Well, there was Maseo in Arrow season 3.

And one of the Metallos in season 2 episode 2 of Supergirl was Asian. And Roulette in episodes 4 and 9.

Retired

It's interesting to see that the CW shows employ so many actors that aren't American, even though most of the characters are supposed to be American.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, there was Maseo in Arrow season 3.
    Wife was a samurai and husband a ninja..... Lol

Shado and Yau fei (spelling?) Are better examples imo

@osiris
    But none of the main cast that i can think of.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 07-29-2017 at 04:09 PM.