Page 107 of 277 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 4155
    Ultimate Member

Also Maseo was hardly "heroic." His storyline wasn't exactly that well-received either.

Honestly the casting of light-skinned actors/actresses in roles like this is a problem for Hollywood in general, it's not unique to the CW. Actually, in terms of at least TRYING to diversify, CW does better than a lot of other networks/studios in this regard to.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Also Maseo was hardly "heroic." His storyline wasn't exactly that well-received either.
    Well, I think his less then heroic moments were understandable considering the situation he was in or what he had gone through.

I always liked him, personally. Maybe because his dynamic with Oliver where they were friends yet Maseo was always lying too and screwing Ollie over was just kind of funny .

Honestly the casting of light-skinned actors/actresses in roles like this is a problem for Hollywood in general, it's not unique to the CW. Actually, in terms of at least TRYING to diversify, CW does better than a lot of other networks/studios in this regard to.
    In film alot of the biggest black actors are dark. Denzel being one of the biggest actors ever. Hes not Snipes dark but hes nowhere near lightskin. Elbas snipes dark and hes not only one thw biggest actor atm but also a model. I think its more of a tv issue then film.

Astonishing Member

And when someone Caucasian is cast there are accusations of whitewashing. Look at The Ancient One in Doctor Strange or Danny Rand in Iron Fist (Danny was western in the origin story, admittedly it's an origin story that's aged poorly). There's always going to be someone opposed to casting and calling it out on racial grounds is bound to stir people up. Just cast the best person for the role, use previous depictions of the character to guide and let the talent, or lack of, do the talking instead of skin color.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think his less then heroic moments were understandable considering the situation he was in or what he had gone through.

I always liked him, personally. Maybe because his dynamic with Oliver where they were friends yet Maseo was always lying too and screwing Ollie over was just kind of funny .
    My annoyance with it was that you bring in a cool character like Katana, get a great choice of actress to play her, and yet she plays second-fiddle to her husband for most of the season. I was constantly going "I don't care about this guy, lets see more of her."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    In film alot of the biggest black actors are dark. Denzel being one of the biggest actors ever. Hes not Snipes dark but hes nowhere near lightskin. Elbas snipes dark and hes not only one thw biggest actor atm but also a model. I think its more of a tv issue then film.
    Pointing to a handful of examples doesn't really prove much, when you have the whole weight of the rest of Hollywood pointing against it. Also Snipes is FAR from an A-lister these days anyway.

Pointing to a handful of examples doesn't really prove much, when you have the whole weight of the rest of Hollywood pointing against it. Also Snipes is FAR from an A-lister these days anyway.
    Lol i was using snipes as a description of someone very dark not saying he was big.

Ok lets name the biggst black actors the tip top. Denzel,Sam Jackson,Edirs Elba,Pottier,Mogan freeman,viola davis,octavia Spencer,angela basset,michale B jordan,Taraj p Henson, Don Cheedle, Chewy(dont make me spell his name), Lupito, Halle Berry,charlie murphy,Kevin heart,jamie toxx,moris chestnut,Ice cube,terrance howard,Paula Patton,Forest whittaker,Laurence Fishburn,Snipes(was a alsiter at one point stil a name people know)Terry crews, Bernie Mac,Jada Pinkett,Queen Latifah, Cecile tyson, iono im pulling names out my ass now and im sure i missed some obviois ones. After BP comes out Chadwick Boseman will probaly be an A lister or close. Anyway in film there is no obviois Bias for Light skinned black people over Dark. A majority or the upper end black actors have darker skin. Clearly this list isnt even a fraction of the big name blacm actor but i bet i can name a dark skinned one for every light skinned you can add to it. Just seems like a non issue for me on film, on tv i have no arguements

Edit: meant eddie murphy not charlie but lets leave him up there. Also noticed i named mostly dudes, iono why that is.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 07-30-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    How do you know who auditioned for each role?
    I don't know all who auditioned for the Vixen and Kuasa roles, but I know of the actresses who were ultimately cast in those roles.

Ultimate Member

Sounds to me like those that got all upset by the actress that they picked for the latest X-Men movie wasn't black enough, and that her mother was white...

Incredible Member

bah

call me when they finally give mm his own series (because they job him horribly in supergirl).

pity because he is easily one of my favorites in the entire cwverse.

BANNED

ill give the CW credit, their shows are a lot more diverse than its network counterparts

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    ill give the CW credit, their shows are a lot more diverse than its network counterparts
    Especially CBS, which seems to be going backwards, for example firing the two Asian leads on Hawaii Five-O. Just about every show on CBS has a white man playing the lead character.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    call me when they finally give mm his own series (because they job him horribly in supergirl).

At least he is in the Arrowverse. And played by a black man.

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    bah

...he's Martian Manhunter....is there a universe where he isn't a jobber? Because I haven't seen it.

Plus there is no real reason to believe if Martian Manhunter got his own series he wouldn't be jobbed in that one. Green Arrow, Supergirl, and Flash get jobbed in a lot of episodes in their own shows.