Page 111 of 277 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 4155
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I found the premiere to be dumb. How are Sara and Ray working dead end jobs with the connections they have? Ollie and Lance couldn't get Sara a job at City Hall or use their political pull to get her something that would suit her? Ray working at a shitty phone app company when he knows Barry and Star Labs has the resources to fund the technology he can create? C'mon!

I have a hard time getting behind the legends this season. They are only in it now because they are dissatisfied with their lives and not grow bored. The script seriously screwed up when I'm on the side of bureaucratic jerks.

I wish they could find something that isn't cringey for Rip. He's clearly a talented actor but last season and now this Time Bureau (terrible name) story line for him just doesn't feel connected in the right way. Without Amaya there was severely lacking that third female character (including Gideon). Everything else worked.

Sad to hear that Victor Garber probably isn't returning he's such a fantastic addition to the series though.

To the poster above me. The first rule of Legends is not to take anything too seriously. Once you let go of things like "this doesn't make sense", it becomes way more fun.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-12-2017 at 04:00 AM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

I think it would be a bad look for Amaya as a character to be pregnant right now...she's only been on the show for one season (minus this Season 3 premiere episode) and for her to be pregnant this early just because she and that Steel dude were "having fun" with each other wouldn't be good. I don't think that just because we know she will eventually have children that will lead to Mari eventually being born means that she would have to be pregnant now so early. She could get pregnant years down the road.

Plus how could she be in further action in the series if she would end up pregnant so early? That would severely impact her story potential and take her out of a lot of the adventures they have, because she wouldn't be able to go around fighting villains and stuff while pregnant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I found the premiere to be dumb. How are Sara and Ray working dead end jobs with the connections they have? Ollie and Lance couldn't get Sara a job at City Hall or use their political pull to get her something that would suit her? Ray working at a shitty phone app company when he knows Barry and Star Labs has the resources to fund the technology he can create? C'mon!

I have a hard time getting behind the legends this season. They are only in it now because they are dissatisfied with their lives and not grow bored. The script seriously screwed up when I'm on the side of bureaucratic jerks.
    who says Ollie is even around after the island explosion? also Sara has been "dead", so not sure of her job history

Im thinking Ray has a bad rep for what happened with his company so he's basically been blackballed

as someone who flamed out of the tech industry in his 20s, getting blackballed is relatively easy if you mess up a project, much less a company

I mean, they also said that they're doing it partially because they feel responsible for the Anachronisms, but they're also being kind of petty about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    who says Ollie is even around after the island explosion? also Sara has been "dead", so not sure of her job history

Im thinking Ray has a bad rep for what happened with his company so he's basically been blackballed

as someone who flamed out of the tech industry in his 20s, getting blackballed is relatively easy if you mess up a project, much less a company
    Oliver survived the explosion and promos show him going back to work as Mayor. So he's around if Sara needed someone to go to for help.

Even the guy at the store mentioned Sara's presumed deaths and how he hired her in-spite of that.

Felicity was supposedly the one who torpedoed Ray's company, but I guess since she was using his share's and he gave the company to her it ended up blowing up in his face once he came back and he got blamed for it.

But somebody as smart and renowned as Ray could probably have still gotten a better job. It's why I brought up the potential of him teaching at Ivy Town, like he did in the comics.

BANNED

theyve mentioned Ivy Town or Ivy City a number of times

wonder if something is coming from that?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post

To the poster above me. The first rule of Legends is not to take anything too seriously. Once you let go of things like "this doesn't make sense", it becomes way more fun.
    I know when I watch a CW show that plotholes, plot induced stupidity and bad writing are part of the package. My tolerance for it broke within the opening minutes.

Retired

I wonder in what order we're meant to see the CW shows. LEGENDS walks a fine line and never blows any spoilers for ARROW, while it's clearly set before the events in FLASH. FLASH does blow a few spoilers for ARROW (but you could miss them if you're not paying attention). I haven't seen ARROW yet, but unless it has details that need it to take place after Barry's return, I'm think it must take place in between these two shows. So the proper order to watch the shows, without being spoiled, would be LEGENDS, ARROW, FLASH.

BANNED

You have to understand, this show is intentionally goofy. The reason Sara and Ray were working dead end jobs was because that's hilarious. The point of the show is to be nonsensical, over-the-top and funny. Last season they fully embraced that but there was a good divide between the goofiness and drama. This season they're fully embracing the goofiness before introducing their big bad.

And I'd argue that it makes sense for Sara to be stuck in the service sector after being pronounced dead twice. With Ray, he was also pronounced dead at one point and his company was run into the ground. Perhaps they didn't want to rely on other people for their own success.

The show made it clear that they're in it because they miss it. They miss saving the world and protecting time. They don't have any sworn duty to be heroes they just enjoy it. That's what makes the show so good; there's no drama or anything getting in the way of the heroes being heroes. They don't have any reason other than they love the fun of it all. That's why the show is fun and why they embrace the charm and goofiness.

BANNED

most fun show on TV right now

hands down

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

With Victor Garber leaving the show who are we thinking might come on to be the other half of the Firestorm matrix? There have been a few in the comics that could fill the role

Mikhail Arkadin (Pozhar)
    Gehenna
    Lorraine Reilly (Firehawk)

They could even go back in time and get a younger version of Ronnie Raymond.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    With Victor Garber leaving the show who are we thinking might come on to be the other half of the Firestorm matrix? There have been a few in the comics that could fill the role

Mikhail Arkadin (Pozhar)
    Gehenna
    Lorraine Reilly (Firehawk)

They could even go back in time and get a younger version of Ronnie Raymond.
    I think it would be hilarious if they brought back Ronnie and we got a Ronnie/Jason dynamic with him and Jax as Firestorm .

Although I feel like if they give Jax someone new to fuse with, it'll probably be a woman. I don't know why, I just feel like that's probably what will happen.

I didn't think Id live to see this show be better than the Flash, but its like the quality and writing team has switched or something because I'm really enjoying this show. Funny dialogue and seeing them work dead end jobs was hilarious. well done all around.

Quote Originally Posted by jyamen View Post
    I didn't think Id live to see this show be better than the Flash, but its like the quality and writing team has switched or something because I'm really enjoying this show. Funny dialogue and seeing them work dead end jobs was hilarious. well done all around.
    It might help that Legends can be a little more irreverent, off-the-wall, and just outright crazy then Flash can at this point.

Retired

Last year I thought they were setting up Lily to be Firestorm's other half, but with her having a baby, I don't think they would separate a mother from her child.

Given the time travel thing, they can probably return to Amaya at any time in her life. So she could have a grown daughter or--well I don't know how the Vixen chronology works. I know Mari was taken from Africa as a young child, but I don't know about her mother or grandmother.