Page 114 of 277 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Depends on how Robbie Amell is getting on with the Arrowverse producers. Didn't he leave, and Ronnie written out in the season 2 premiere of Flash, because of a breakdown in relations?
    I don't think it was because of that, but because Robbie Amell wanted to do different stuff.

I believe Ronnie was originally planned to be on Legends before they had to, basically, recast Firestorm with Amell leaving.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Just heard that Victor Garber is leaving the show, after having watched the season premier. It's a real pity and I'm definitely curious to see who they replace him with (if anyone).

Either way, though, I loved the hell oit of the premier. I almost forgot just how much stupid fun this show is!
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Retired

After giving this some thought, the only actor who can possibly replace Victor Garber is Eugene Levy. The first criteria is that the actor be Canadian. We cannot lose our Canadian content on the show--and there's some funding the production gets by hiring Canadian talent. The second criteria is that the actor is as well-known and has as long a resume as Mr. Garber--which Mr. Levy does. The third criteria is that the actor must be able to sing and Eugene was born with the gift of a golden voice. And finally the ultimate criteria is that said actor must have played Jesus in GODSPELL. And yes, Eugene Levy has that. In fact, he was in the same cast as Victor Garber in the original Toronto stage production of GODSPELL and when Garber left the role of Jesus, Eugene Levy took over the part. So you see, it has to be Levy.

I was so-so on this premiere. The Time Bureau and the Caesar stuff was all great, but I would've liked to see more of an effort to show characters like Ray and Sara really integrate back into society and into superheroing, what given their connections and everything. It'd be kind of huge for Sara to be a Star City vigilante these days given everything that has happened.

I think given how Rip seemed to still be on good terms with the Legends, he could've just hired them to work for the Time Bureau. Ray and Jax, especially, could lend their technical expertise, and Steel could be of use for meta threats. Instead, they become their usual reckless selves (how does Nate not realize he's no longer carrying a hefty book until later?) and only come across as accomplished because of the Time Bureau's slip up. I'm looking forward to this season, I just thought it was a shaky premise. Not that I don't love every thing Mick does.

Also, is the Waverider somehow advanced Batmobile technology?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Which reminds me: how many guys would have spoken to someone as cute as Freckles the way her manager did in yesterday's episode?
    Just the ones not into women.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, Amaya was actually responsible and went back to her own time? It fits with her character but I'm still kind of impressed after she threw caution to the wind to hook up with Nate.
    I'm wondering if Amaya only went back to Zambesi 1942 just to prevent what she saw happen. I mean, once that's done, she could return to the team as Vixen, right? She could set things right, even go so far as to give birth to Mari's mother, and THEN she can return to the Legends without damaging the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    With Victor Garber leaving the show who are we thinking might come on to be the other half of the Firestorm matrix? There have been a few in the comics that could fill the role

Mikhail Arkadin (Pozhar)
    Gehenna
    Lorraine Reilly (Firehawk)

They could even go back in time and get a younger version of Ronnie Raymond.
    I'd like to see Gehenna, but part of me feels like it should be a Stein, so maybe a future version of Lily's child.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I was so-so on this premiere. The Time Bureau and the Caesar stuff was all great, but I would've liked to see more of an effort to show characters like Ray and Sara really integrate back into society and into superheroing, what given their connections and everything. It'd be kind of huge for Sara to be a Star City vigilante these days given everything that has happened.
    Sara being around would certainly make things a lot easier for her dad (and she still hasn't encountered Black Siren or Dinah yet).

Well, Rip did mention he saw some "dark knights fall" so you never know where he might've gotten parts for the Waverider...

I'm wondering if Amaya only went back to Zambesi 1942 just to prevent what she saw happen. I mean, once that's done, she could return to the team as Vixen, right? She could set things right, even go so far as to give birth to Mari's mother, and THEN she can return to the Legends without damaging the timeline.
    At this point I think the only thing that Amaya needs to do in order to keep the timeline intact is to make sure the village is protected for a few decades or so and that she gives birth to Mari's mom, ensuring the Vixen legacy continues and Mari can be born.

She can't save Zambesi from being eventually destroyed since that's too integral to Mari's origin.

I'd like to see Gehenna, but part of me feels like it should be a Stein, so maybe a future version of Lily's child.
    I don't think they should go with Gehenna since Jax isn't Jason, but I think it would be fitting if they gave him an original partner as Firestorm.

this new men in black approach blows. Im a little dissapointed at the moment

Spectacular Member

I think given how Rip seemed to still be on good terms with the Legends, he could've just hired them to work for the Time Bureau. Ray and Jax, especially, could lend their technical expertise, and Steel could be of use for meta threats. Instead, they become their usual reckless selves (how does Nate not realize he's no longer carrying a hefty book until later?) and only come across as accomplished because of the Time Bureau's slip up. I'm looking forward to this season, I just thought it was a shaky premise. Not that I don't love every thing Mick does.

Just the ones not into women.

Why do you think the Waverider and Batmobile have anything in common? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by feenix219 View Post
    Why do you think the Waverider and Batmobile have anything in common? Just curious.
    When Sara was trying to active the Waverider she said "engines to power, turbines to speed" which is similar to the phrase Batman and Robin would use when prepping the Batmobile on the '66 show.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When Sara was trying to active the Waverider she said "engines to power, turbines to speed" which is similar to the phrase Batman and Robin would use when prepping the Batmobile on the '66 show.
    Gotcha. Its been awhile.

I knew it was a reference to something old school's launch sequence, but for some reason I was thinking maybe Voltron or something.

Who would be looking after Mari's mother after Amaya gave birth if she returned to the Waverider? I doubt she'd bring the baby with her because it would be a dangerous environment (ship getting attacked, baby taken hostage, etc. etc.) And I can't see wanting to leavie her child in Zambesi with someone else while she goes time-hopping with the Legends.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 10-16-2017 at 04:32 AM.

Spectacular Member

It seems she has gone back, not to preserve the timeline and fulfill her role, but to CHANGE it all and SAVE her people.

Watch, she'll end up being one of the anachronisms / sources of changed history that they will (heartwrenchingly) have to deal with along the way.

Anybody else hate Rip now? I mean, he pulls this team together under false pretenses to fix one mess after another that he creates, and then just kicks them to the curb when it suits him. And not only that, he rubs it in their faces the whole time.

Also, Rip was back with the team during the Apollo 13 mission. Why didn't he mention that solution the smug kid gave at the time?

I dont hate Rip but i feel like he forgot he created the problems/Legends.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-16-2017 at 01:18 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Anybody else hate Rip now? I mean, he pulls this team together under false pretenses to fix one mess after another that he creates, and then just kicks them to the curb when it suits him. And not only that, he rubs it in their faces the whole time.
    Well, I don't hate Rip (I'm probably one of the few people who are genuinely fond of him), but it did kind of feel like he kicked his old friends and team to the curb now that he's all "official" and "proper" with the Time Bureau and can't be associated with the Legends (even though he created them in the first place).

Also, Rip was back with the team during the Apollo 13 mission. Why didn't he mention that solution the smug kid gave at the time?
    I remember he was against Sara's plan in that episode, so that may have been him expressing his opinion about what happened.

Retired

Some reviews I saw bugged me, because they panned the show without giving it much thought. To me there's a lot going on in the first episode and you're not meant to understand everything at first glance. You have to watch the whole season to see where all this is going. But they tease enough to indicate that not everything is as it seems.

Rip has set up this Bureau, but at the same time he's manipulating events so that he can also let loose this rogue Legends team--and covertly supply them with enough technology to do their job. So it's like one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Rip clearly knows why all this has to happen as it should and the wild card Legends will play a role in solving a problem that the Bureau cannot.

That's very cool. Rip gets to be both a hero and an antagonist and we don't know why he's playing this game.