Page 115 of 277 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember he was against Sara's plan in that episode, so that may have been him expressing his opinion about what happened.
    I guess what irks me about that is that it's one thing to come up with a sensible plan in a classroom simulation, but out in the field when you only have seconds to come up with something, it's not that easy. And that is something that Rip has not taught his new people, which is born out later in the episode when his crack team is trapped and the woman was captured.

Funny thing is, while I have no love for Rip at this point, I still love Arthur Darvill. He's starting to be on the John Barrowman scale for me, where I can absolutely hate the character but still love it at the same time because I love the actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Some reviews I saw bugged me, because they panned the show without giving it much thought. To me there's a lot going on in the first episode and you're not meant to understand everything at first glance. You have to watch the whole season to see where all this is going. But they tease enough to indicate that not everything is as it seems.

Rip has set up this Bureau, but at the same time he's manipulating events so that he can also let loose this rogue Legends team--and covertly supply them with enough technology to do their job. So it's like one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Rip clearly knows why all this has to happen as it should and the wild card Legends will play a role in solving a problem that the Bureau cannot.

That's very cool. Rip gets to be both a hero and an antagonist and we don't know why he's playing this game.
    Yeah, I agree with that. I wonder what the long game is.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Yeah, I agree with that. I wonder what the long game is.
    I think it's pretty clearly connected to whatever "Mallus" is.

One question I have is, even if Amaya does become pregnant (even though I think it would be a mistake for her to get pregnant while she's on the show because that will take away from her being an active member of the team), how do we know that she would be pregnant with Mari's mother? What if Amaya will have more than one child, and her first child is NOT Mari's mother?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    One question I have is, even if Amaya does become pregnant (even though I think it would be a mistake for her to get pregnant while she's on the show because that will take away from her being an active member of the team), how do we know that she would be pregnant with Mari's mother? What if Amaya will have more than one child, and her first child is NOT Mari's mother?
    I mean, if they want to prolong Amaya dealing with the whole "need to have Mari's mom" thing, I guess that would be one way of doing it .

There's still the question if she's even met Mari's grandfather at this point.

Retired

Given the menace this season is supposed to be supernatural and that Amaya's powers are supernatural, there could be some connection between one and the other. And it's possible that her daughter is mixed up in all of this, too.

Given the menace this season is supposed to be supernatural and that Amaya's powers are supernatural, there could be some connection between one and the other. And it's possible that her daughter is mixed up in all of this, too.
    Amaya's other granddaughter Kuasa (Mari's sister from the Vixen animated series) is supposed to be one of the villains this season...

Spectacular Member

Some reviews I saw bugged me, because they panned the show without giving it much thought. To me there's a lot going on in the first episode and you're not meant to understand everything at first glance. You have to watch the whole season to see where all this is going. But they tease enough to indicate that not everything is as it seems.

Rip has set up this Bureau, but at the same time he's manipulating events so that he can also let loose this rogue Legends team--and covertly supply them with enough technology to do their job. So it's like one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Rip clearly knows why all this has to happen as it should and the wild card Legends will play a role in solving a problem that the Bureau cannot.

That's very cool. Rip gets to be both a hero and an antagonist and we don't know why he's playing this game.
    Thats actually a really interesting take on it, and explains the biggest coincidence of the entire episode, to me - Ceasar showing up directly in front of Mick.

Victor Garber, Billy Zane .... Stein makes the Best. Meta joke. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah that that home cracked me up on the trailer for the season. Though I forgot Zane was on the movie as well
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It was priceless.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Sabertooth tigers make great pets

Amaya looked so gorgeous in the garb she wore in Zambesi. The show feels right again having her back on the team.

The shrunken Sabertooth was pretty adorable.

The sexual tension radiating off of Sara and that Time Bureau Agent is incredible. I give it three more episodes.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Retired

It seems like whenever Ray and Nate get together, their combined I.Q. is lowered. I didn't mint it last season, but I started to resent it this episode. It made me feel like maybe Amaya had a lucky escape and she's better off without Nate. Also, I feel like Ray is too often cast in the doofus role, when he's meant for better things.

That's my only big complaint. The show was its usual good self. I thought Billy Zane did a nice turn as P.T. Barnum. And the circus setting always works as a metaphor for the comic book super-hero game. Rory's fear of clowns has merit--they are not to be trusted, they have sharp teeth.

Gary was an unexpected addition. He looks like he belongs in a stage production of HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING as Bud Frump.

BANNED

Wonder who the lady summoning Kuasa from the water was