Page 120 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 4155

I like this weeks episode. I don't normally care for Nate, but he was funny as hell when he was tripping balls.

Most of the futures the Legends visit tend to be kind of bleak. I mean, I guess it wouldn't be much of a show if the future was all peace and harmony, but I'd like some of this to be followed up on. I may've dismissed the other ones as simple meddling from Vandal Savage, but this thing with ARGUS and a metahuman curfew feels like a future plot that needs to be addressed. I'm guessing the Legends are in ARGUS' database, but when they were scanned, why were they identified as metahumans? Sara, Ray, and Mick aren't metas.

I liked Stein taking a scientific approach to examining Amaya's totem. Since this is a more magic heavy season, we should see Stein and Ray get over their heads dealing with things they don't understand.

Sara was a little too crazed this time around. I understand not wanting to cooperate with Sharpe and the Time Bureau, but Ray's life was kind of in danger there.

I'm intrigued about Ray's past. And I'm glad he's from Ivy Town. I feel like the Flash just mentioned an "Ivy City" in a recent episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I enjoyed Nick's abuse of mind-altering substances more this time around than last time. But he could be developing some issues and might need rehab.
    I was thinking the same thing. He was funny (as was everyone's reaction to him), but doing this to him two episodes in a row has me a little worried.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’m sorry , but i’m long past tired of the time bureau being an obstacle this season. Agent sharpe is a pain in the ass, and if she and sara do hook up this season, i’m going to royally peeved. I also hear rip might also be lightening up on the legends later on, but seriously, i’m done with him too.
    Sharpe and her team not being able to get a handle on the Legends is getting a bit tiring. They can't be interrupting their missions and chasing them every episode. Rip needs to play his hand soon and tell the Time Bureau to lay off because he needs the Legends' help in this coming battle.

Retired

Well ARGUS had Sara, Ray and Rory in their database. Which they would be, given what happened on ARROW and FLASH. So they were known as trouble-makers that had gone missing and would be flagged for detention.

In the comics, Ray has a metagene. It's a rule (or was--I don't know if it still is) that most people can't be shrunk with dwarf star matter, they blow up--Ray is one of the few who can because he has a metagene.

Sara has been dead and then brought to life in the Lazarus Pit which would mess with anyone's biology. Rory seems normal (other than being a head-case) but he was a special bounty hunter for the Time Masters and they probably messed around with his DNA at that time.

And everyone on the Waverider suffers the effects of chronodysplasia (sp?) which could cause anomalies in their DNA, as well.

Gary was on a mission for the Time Bureau and the Legends interfered with him. So that had to get the Time Bureau's attention--they could have not ignored that. And Gary was on the Waverider when Sharpe's time ship appeared on the scene. Besides, the big pay-off this episode, in terms of the Bureau, was getting to see their time ship which is huge in comparison with the Waverider.

Agent Sharpe is a functional substitute for Rip himself, who would be wasted in these kind of scenes. They're reserving Arthur Darvill's limited availabilty for those episodes where he'll do the most good (or harm).

BANNED

It's sad how Rory basically spent an eternity being brainwashed by the time masters and barely picked up anything

Agent Sharpe is a functional substitute for Rip himself, who would be wasted in these kind of scenes. They're reserving Arthur Darvill's limited availabilty for those episodes where he'll do the most good (or harm).
    Maybe it's me, but I see some sort of underlying attraction between Sara and Sharpe.

It would've been cool to see some cameos in that Metahuman prison break...

Nate on drugs...just Nate on drugs .

So is Zari's necklace the actual Zambesi air Totem? Or is it completely separate? I guess that just leaves the Earth Totem as the only one still left unaccounted for in the Arrowverse.

I wonder where Rip found the budget and the tools to build that Time Bureau ship?

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Hmm. Ray mentions a water metahuman. I assume that's Kuasa herself he's mentioning. Guess she's here with an all new body rather than it just being a difference in her design from the cartoon. Which makes it a bit awkward overall since her actress here is far darker skinned than even Kuasa was in the cartoon (or Mari/Amaya are) AND seems to just be a pure evil bad guy here...
    I don't think they would have thrown that line in there unless they were deliberately referencing Vixen, so I guess we just have to assume that Kuasa has a completely different body and voice here to explain why she doesn't look or sound like she did in the cartoon.

Moving along. Wonder why she's allied so seemingly willingly against her grandmother. I do hope there's a twist that she's being controlled since Kuasa didn't seem the type to so willingly ally with an evil force. Especially against another who's trying to protect Zambesi. And she isn't in actual possession of the water totem at this point.
    It didn't even seem like she realized she was fighting her grandmother until she brought up that she couldn't kill Amaya because that would essentially kill her.

It seems like Kuasa has basically fused with the Water Totem, because that's the only way I can make sense of her water powers.

Zari brought up a lot of good points about the whole "then why does the world still suck" bit. They're not really focused on improving time in any way despite Sara essentially lying about. Surprised the topic of WHY the world went dystopian wasn't even bothered with. Of course if they do somehow make a better future in a bit of amusing irony and a paradox the team can't have met Zari...
    Well, they've stopped a few dystopian futures, but apparently this one slipped through the cracks for some reason.

But you really have to wonder how Metahumans became outlawed and the world became a police state under Argus. If Waller was still in charge I could maybe see this happening, but otherwise it seems like a pretty dramatic shift from with seemingly no apparent cause.

I wonder if it's a coincidence that this future is two years after The Flash disappears? I guess it also might explain why there was no one to help Oliver when Grant sacked Star City in 2046.

I imagine at this point Sharpe and Sarah trying to kill each other is pretty much elaborate flirting to them.
    I'll be more surprised if that isn't romantic tension we're supposed to see between them.

Have to admit I really do wish Amaya took Nate's advice. Would be cool to see Amaya travel back to Zambesi at its beginnings. That being said it sounds like the totem just wants Amaya to follow her heart essentially.
    I'd be down for meeting the first Vixen, actually.

You can definitely feel Stein being written out. He was pretty negligible in this episode. Firestorm wasn't even brought up as a topic.
    What was the point of keeping Stein on the Waverider and sending Jax out in the field? All Stein did was complain about what Sara was doing, while Firestorm would probably have been pretty useful against Kuasa.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Too bad Wentworth Miller wasn't there, then it would be perfect.
    Agreed...

I was a little disappointed that they didn't have more material from the comic book or the TV show for Zari. I wanted to have a mention of Kahndaq, be a real protestor, not a hackivist, and she have a mynah bird named Tut
    Honestly, I think Black Adam would be more likely to snap this Zari's neck then fall in love with her like he did Isis in the comics.

I just hope her brother name is Amon.
    Poor Osiris...

You know, Hazard, the Flash foe, real name is Becky Sharpe, maybe Agent Sharpe is here future descendant . It could explain Agent Sharpe's luck.
    It's probably a complete coincidence but it would actually be pretty funny if they eventually established that Sharpe and Becky are related, if only because of how much they contrast with each other.

You've got Sharpe as the proper and professional time bureau agent who seems like she's always got a stick up her butt and Hazard who's this bubbly, ditzy, and glamorous semi-criminal. The dynamic almost writes itself .

When I saw Amaya sleepwalking as a spider, I was hoping they were foreshadowing Anansi was going to appear. I guess having Anansi and the Red appear is too expense.
    It would be pretty cool if they get more into Anansi and his connection to the Vixen's at some point either here or in another season of Mari's cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I saw it mentioned somewhere by (possibly) Guggenheim or somebody else that the Atom's costume wasn't achievable in live action; which to me is bull.
    Honestly, considering some of the other costumes they've been able to adapt and make work (The Flash, Firestorm, Green Arrow, The Hawks, Citizen Steel etc.) I don't think a more proper adaption of The Atom's comic costume would be that difficult.

At the very least they could probably deliver a more streamlined and less bulky suit.

Retired

Aren't there five totems? Spirit, water, air, fire and earth. I would guess Vixen has the spirit totem while Kuasa has the water totem and Zari the air totem. Who has the fire totem and who has the earth totem?

If Jax got the fire totem, then his Firestorm could become a fire elemental and maybe that would free Martin Stein to go sing and dance on Broadway.

Aren't there five totems? Spirit, water, air, fire and earth. I would guess Vixen has the spirit totem while Kuasa has the water totem and Zari the air totem. Who has the fire totem and who has the earth totem?

If Jax got the fire totem, then his Firestorm could become a fire elemental and maybe that would free Martin Stein to go sing and dance on Broadway.
    The Fire Totem was in the possession of Eshu, the main villain of Vixen season 2.

He was actually the one who originally killed Kuasa and melted her alongside the Water Totem.

Vixen then used all her animal spirit powers to break the Fire Totem.

We don't know where the Earth Totem is or who has possession of it.

I was able to chuckle twice because of what Nate on drugs said and of course because of Mick because he is the star of this show.

But otherwise? I don't know... I just don't care about them any longer and I don't know why.
    Ray is just too goofy/stupid. Come on he is a genius...
    Sara is getting on my balls and I don't really know why. The show wants me to like her and dislike Sharpe but oddly enough it is the other way around.
    How they always keep Jax and Stein apart so that they don't have to use money for firestorm is getting no my nerves.
    That guy from the time bureau (Mick called him "Four Eyes" ) could have just left anytime with that transporter. But he had to be "rescued" by the legends at the beginning of the episode.
    Kuasa is first shown nearly invulnerable but then Amaya just "shields" herself and then punches her with elephant-strength and the fight is over? argh...

It is all just too convenient, too cringy and kind of stupid. I was able to look past those things in the 2nd season because of the overall arc that was not so poorly written. But now?
    This season so far is just stupid, I'm sorry to say. That time bureau with all their power and technology could easy capture the legends but of course they always have to be "dumbed" down because otherwise the show would be over. These kind of things are really starting to bother me with CW shows in general (same over at Flash) and I start to wonder if I should continue to watch them.
    Ramin Djawadi, the new God composer... Original Score for Warcraft is absolutely amazing and his score for Season 6 of Game of Thrones is beyond epic... THE WINDS OF WINTER

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, considering some of the other costumes they've been able to adapt and make work (The Flash, Firestorm, Green Arrow, The Hawks, Citizen Steel etc.) I don't think a more proper adaption of The Atom's comic costume would be that difficult.

At the very least they could probably deliver a more streamlined and less bulky suit.
    Maybe something like Batman body armour or Ant-Man motorcycle gear, rather than an Iron Man armoured suit.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I was able to chuckle twice because of what Nate on drugs said and of course because of Mick because he is the star of this show.

But otherwise? I don't know... I just don't care about them any longer and I don't know why.
    Ray is just too goofy/stupid. Come on he is a genius...
    Sara is getting on my balls and I don't really know why. The show wants me to like her and dislike Sharpe but oddly enough it is the other way around.
    How they always keep Jax and Stein apart so that they don't have to use money for firestorm is getting no my nerves.
    That guy from the time bureau (Mick called him "Four Eyes" ) could have just left anytime with that transporter. But he had to be "rescued" by the legends at the beginning of the episode.
    Kuasa is first shown nearly invulnerable but then Amaya just "shields" herself and then punches her with elephant-strength and the fight is over? argh...

It is all just too convenient, too cringy and kind of stupid. I was able to look past those things in the 2nd season because of the overall arc that was not so poorly written. But now?
    This season so far is just stupid, I'm sorry to say. That time bureau with all their power and technology could easy capture the legends but of course they always have to be "dumbed" down because otherwise the show would be over. These kind of things are really starting to bother me with CW shows in general (same over at Flash) and I start to wonder if I should continue to watch them.
    I'm on the same boat. Most of the Legends are unlikeable to me now and the show has gotten too stupid for it's own good.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Oh, now I had not thought about that. I dig the idea.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Agreed...
    Thank you

Honestly, I think Black Adam would be more likely to snap this Zari's neck then fall in love with her like he did Isis in the comics.
    I still would to have the myrah bird appeared.

Poor Osiris...
    He wasn't lucky in the comic books either

It's probably a complete coincidence but it would actually be pretty funny if they eventually established that Sharpe and Becky are related, if only because of how much they contrast with each other.

You've got Sharpe as the proper and professional time bureau agent who seems like she's always got a stick up her butt and Hazard who's this bubbly, ditzy, and glamorous semi-criminal. The dynamic almost writes itself .
    Thank you!

It would be pretty cool if they get more into Anansi and his connection to the Vixen's at some point either here or in another season of Mari's cartoon.
    I agree

The Fire Totem was in the possession of Eshu, the main villain of Vixen season 2.

He was actually the one who originally killed Kuasa and melted her alongside the Water Totem.

Vixen then used all her animal spirit powers to break the Fire Totem.

We don't know where the Earth Totem is or who has possession of it.
    Actually in the DC Comics, Anansi created the Totem, there were no other Totems. The story on how the Totems was just created for the show.

I would like to see Anansi appear (portrayed or voiced by Orlando Jones, of course) and explains he is the one who really created the Tantu totem, and it is not at all related to the other totems; it was a story he created to protect the Tantu totem. Anansi told his story many times until humans forgot the real origin, and accept Anansi's story as the truth.

Y'know, I wonder if Argus cracking down on all Metahumans and turning the world into a police state is what ultimately helped Savage take over the world in the first place and paved the way for the Thanagarian invasion?

I guess it would explain why there didn't seem to be any Superheroes active to stop Savage in the future, or the Thanagarians, necessitating Rip recruiting the Legends.

Mighty Member

The Dominators are cute when they are infants.