Page 128 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I'm guessing the projected special effects budget for Negative Woman was cost prohibitive.
    I’m guessing that means we’re not gonna see the ray do much, during the crossover episode.

Mighty Member

Awesome WW reference.

Astonishing Member

Yeah that ending raises SO many questions...

Aside from that nice to see the story catching up on the whole Kuasa Amaya family connection. Though there's still nothing to explain why Ray didn't recognize Kuasa already before this? I'm assuming she was simply resurrected looking different but you'd think Ray would've commented on that already in this episode if that's the case.

Very disappointed with the lack of Sara hitting on Helen here, I mean at least say she's not her type of something. The wink was nice but come on. XD All that and Sara missed out on Themyscira...

I do think the show played the whole men are too dumb around a pretty lady a bit too straight here and like so many similarly used plots ignored the whole LGBT spectrum's part in that equation. I had similar misgivings way back in Wonder Woman #600 with a vaguely similar idea used to entrance men with Siren esque machines that of course ALSO somehow didn't affect all the LGBT ladies who appeared in the story.

A bit buried over everything else but I did like the though rushed Hedy Lamarr story.

And I'm wondering exactly what happened by the end of the story with the Firestorm matrix. I know they switched back but given the process was originally to move the matrix all into Jax I'm surprised it wasn't brought up again at the end.

Retired

What a cool show. LEGENDS comes through with yet another great story, featuring all the things I love.

I got goose-bumps at the first mention of Hedy Lamarr's name. I figured she would be important to the plot, being the super-genius that she was and given her contributions in winning the war.

And a satisfying ending for Helen of Troy that ties in with Wonder Woman.

Yeah, did NOT see Themyscira coming.
    Though, according to The Iliad, the Amazons were allied with the Trojans. And sent at least a contingent of warriors to help.

I also liked the part with the Warner Bros. director admiring Ray Palmer's good looks and asking Ray if he has ever been in a movie. And Ray saying I don't think so.
    (Brandon Routh played Superman in the movie "Superman Returns")

BANNED

Not as good as the other stellar episodes this season but nonetheless good. Stein and Jax getting more exposure is always good and I loved that we got to see Stein as the host of Firestorm (even though that scene was a little awkward) . This episode didn't really answer any questions, it raised more.

As other people here are wondering, why didn't Ray recognize Kuasa? Also, why does Mallus want his little team to stop the Legends and Time Bureau from fixing anachronisms? What is his main goal?

Last season's big bad was Reverse Flash and they set up the mystery of his true intentions early on, dropping little hints here and there so by the time that Legion of Doom centric episode came on we finally knew everything and most importantly why. So far though, we really have no clue what's going on with the big bad this season; i.e. what he's doing and/or why he's doing it, and I can't tell if that's deliberate or not.

Still enjoying the season though.
    Last edited by Elmo; 11-15-2017 at 12:26 AM.

Ultimate Member

Nope, it was Cecil D Demille if memory serves...

Retired

I get why all men and only men have to be attracted to Helen of Troy for the plot to work. It's a curse that Aphrodite put on Helen and it can't only work on some men. Although it does seem Martin's attraction to Hedy overrides his attraction to Helen. But for the ending to work, Sara couldn't be attracted to Helen, not on the same level as the men who are willing to make war over her. Otherwise, at the end when Zari leaves Helen where she is, then the women there would go to war against each other over Helen. The women have to be immune to Aphrodite's curse or else the ending doesn't work.

Hippolyte and Antiope are around during the adventures of Hercules, Theseus and all the Argonauts. But the Trojan War takes place a generation later, when Penthesilia is the Amazon queen. Presumably, Hippolyte's Amazons have already left Asia Minor and gone to their island by the time of the Iliad. While Penthesilia comes from the Amazon homeland in Asia Minor near Troy and takes the Trojan side against the Greeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    that was Helen who said that though?
    I don't think Helen knew that much about movies. From what I gathered from that scene, the director was considering casting Ray in a movie because Ray has leading man good looks.
    Ray looks like the sort of guy who could play a masculine hero in a movie. Of course Superman didn't exist then, but maybe in a Douglas Fairbanks swashbuckler type role.

i hope i'm not the only one sitting here going "huh?" when there was a duel with prop swords.

I did like all the cursing.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Nope, it was Cecil D Demille if memory serves...
    Actually, it was Cecil b. Demille

Ultimate Member

Okay I was off...but not by much...

I didn't think that Helen chick was all that attractive. She was average-looking to me, and all throughout the episode I kept asking myself "THAT's the woman all those dudes are going gaga over?"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I didn't think that Helen chick was all that attractive. She was average-looking to me, and all throughout the episode I kept asking myself "THAT's the woman all those dudes are going gaga over?"
    Could be pheromones.