Page 154 of 277 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 4155
    Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I kind of hate it was all a dream type stories. For me it would have been more satisfying if the Waverider was in a time loop for some unexplained reason and Zari was able to come
    up with a solution to break free. It's like the writers couldn't come up with an answer, just gave up, and they just said "Okay, let's just say it was all a dream. We're done for the day."
    Just curious: What if the story involved Neil Gaiman's Dream and the Endless?

Jonah Hex will return in the season finale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    "surprisingly good? Did you hear what he wrote? Sounded like a parody of a pulp sci-fi from the 20s. Fan-fic maybe, but "novelist"?
    Zari seemed to think it was good...

Retired

All week prior to this episode, I've been watching ABBA videos. But to kill time last night, before I could get LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, I was watching a lecture by Richard Feynman on youtube--The Character of Physical Law, Part 5: The Distinction of Past and Future. Which put me in the right state of mind for "Here I go again."

Some folks refer to a bottle episode like this as filler. However, that has a bad connotation. I found in the first season that most episodes I enjoyed were the ones that didn't advance the Vandal Savage/Hawks plot and were essentially self-contained--i.e. "filler." Likewise, in the second season, it was hard at first to tell exactly where the season was heading, but it was individual stories that established the improved quality of the series.

The Legion of Doom was a good big bad, but ultimately I wasn't that interested in the Spear of Destiny. And this season I don't care that much about Mallus (sp?)--he's just a necessary evil to give the show a common thread. And I suppose that gets people to tune in every week. But it would be a shame if people didn't tune in this episode because it doesn't advance the season-long plot.

"Here I go again" is the reward to fans that have watched from day one. Knowing the characters and situations pays off big time.

If this was BLACK MIRROR, then the recurring simulation would be a horror story. Which it almost is for Zari here--Gideon is inhuman in allowing Zari to experience this tortuous routine just to figure out the best outcome. I kind of wanted it to be a time loop, but the nested Russian dolls motif allows the meta-fiction to exist--because Gideon has knowledge of all time loop stories, therefore all time loop stories figure into this plot.

That it isn't some dream that you forget when you wake up is underscored in the final montage sequence--where we see Zari interacting with the others, acting on all the knowledge she gained from the simulation--and the fact she plays the violin with such beauty shows that every lesson she went through really did count. So in a concrete way the time loop really did happen for her.

Was there some reason she was made to wear Clark Kent's Canadian lumberjack shirt for the whole episode? I thought it was effective in subliminally making her stand out from the others. She's dressed like a worker--she's not prettied up, the way these shows often do with women. She's ready to roll up her sleeves and do an honest day's work, with no nonsense. So even when her whole world goes to hell, Zari remains a down to Earth woman, working to save herself and her adopted family.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I liked that this was a fun twist on the time loop troupe. Making it all in Zari's head worked for me and I liked that it was "real" to her and she remembers everything.

Well that was a nice episode. Cool that they are finally giving Zari some spotlight!

Never been a fan of the time-loop episode, no matter the series.

I did like the Mick writing a romance novel though.

Spectacular Member

Shades of Picard and the flute from Inner Light, there at the end. It was all in her head, but she retained her gained knowledge.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Really great episode. At first, I wasn't sure about it all being a simulation rather than an actual time loop but as it went on I warmed to it and found it to be quite a refreshing take on an old scifi staple.

The best thing about it, though, was how much time we spent with Zari who, until now, has been a bit underserved. After this, she has become one of my favourite characters on the Waverider. Her caustic sense of humour was especially fun here.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well then again given that it's time travel Amaya can go back to the exact time in which she left and not mess anything up...time travel is funny and the laws of it are often messy...like the grandfather paradox...
    But in one of your earlier posts you said that Amaya would be afraid of changing the future...so which is it? If you think all she has to do is go back to some exact time to prevent messing anything up, why would she be afraid of changing the future? Why be afraid of anything at all if you know you can go back to some exact time and fix stuff (supposedly)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    When they return Amaya to her own time they wipe her memory with that device, but don't realize she is pregnant. By the time Nate figures it out it is already one of those events that can't be changed without causing an anomaly. So she never knew who the papa/grandpapa was to tell them.
    If that turns out to be the case, that would be a HORRIBLE thing to do to a female character. She ends up pregnant but has no idea who the father is, not because she's slept with so many men but because her memory has been erased. That's all shades of messed up. And it would make Amaya look like an idiot because her family would be wondering why she can't tell them ANYTHING about who impregnated her.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 02-20-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Ultimate Member

If she went back to when she left then she wouldn't be changing the future as technically her future still has to happen, as for Amaya she doesn't know everything about her future only parts of it, so there's some wiggle room...

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Forget about the intro, we need to see her physically every week. That woman is beautiful!
    Q F T

Super fun episode. When this show clicks it's a really good time.

I think the question before has been raised as to whether or not Sara is a better captain than Rip, and I always thought things seemed to go better for Sara because the team was so loyal to her. It's nice to see an episode that touches upon the friction between her and Zari, who is the team's resident rebel and still believes she can "hack" time. This clashes well with Sara, who, for her own sanity, has to convince herself not to try to save Laurel.

Zari ended up being a fun character to do the Groundhog Day thing with, and I loved her having fun montage (and even telling Nate about it). Of course she'd dress up in everyone else's costumes. I thought her goodbye speech to the team was touching, and it still managed to be funny with Gary wondering if she was going to say anything to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This show never ceases to surprise when it comes to Heat Wave. Now it turns out Mick is a surprisingly good novelist.
    I feel like Mick is just writing down his adventures with the Legends, changing his name to "Buck", and adding more sex. It'd be funny if once this whole series is over, Mick returns to the present and becomes a best selling novelist.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's good to see Rip is still committed to stopping Mallus, even on his own. It's just good to see Rip again .

So Wally has been at a monastery the entire time? I guess his spirit quest didn't end at Blue Valley. Though was meditation really the answer to his problems when he left Team Flash? I guess we've got a zen Wally on our hands now (which is kind of funny since Barry's kind of zen these days too).
    I can't remember what episode (or to whom he was talking), but sometime after Barry and Iris' wedding, Joe told someone that Wally had gone off to China. I don't think he returned to Blue Valley after that one adventure. It is good to see both Wally and Rip, but that might not be good news for Wally. Rip explains the situation and Wally goes "Well, if you need a speedster, why didn't you ask Barry?" and then Rip explains that if Wally were to die on this mission, the timeline wouldn't be impacted at all, so he's much more expendable than Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The episode title "Here I go again" reference checks ABBA'S "Mamma Mia" and Zari even says the line. Also Sara's outfit seems to be a tribute to Agnetha's from the video for that song. But the earworm for Mick is "Waterloo"--which won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1974.

Mick seemed to think the song was glorifying Napoleon's surrender when, in fact, it is about a lover giving in to his/her feelings. You could say that works for Zari. She couldn't escape the Legends if she wanted to, and Gideon had to remind her that she doesn't want to leave so she should just surrender to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Maybe I'm slow, but I think that if Amaya does not potentially want to mess up the future, then she should stop traveling through time and just go back to the 1940s. Because to me, just her being there on the Waverider and not in her own time period is already changing future things. Her absence from the 1940s is already changing things even if she doesn't realize it.
    I think Amaya is conflicted on the whole thing. Knowing her future, Zambesi's future, how Nate feels about her, etc. makes it all very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I feel like Mick is just writing down his adventures with the Legends, changing his name to "Buck", and adding more sex. It'd be funny if once this whole series is over, Mick returns to the present and becomes a best selling novelist.
    And that the Legends of Tomorrow TV series was based on his novels.

Retired

Not only is Nate white, he's a hemophiliac and a metahuman. How would that affect the children he had with Amaya and how would they fit in with the Zambesi?