Page 155 of 277 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I feel like Mick is just writing down his adventures with the Legends, changing his name to "Buck", and adding more sex. It'd be funny if once this whole series is over, Mick returns to the present and becomes a best selling novelist.
    If only HR were still alive, then they could compare their books and writing styles .
    I can't remember what episode (or to whom he was talking), but sometime after Barry and Iris' wedding, Joe told someone that Wally had gone off to China. I don't think he returned to Blue Valley after that one adventure. It is good to see both Wally and Rip, but that might not be good news for Wally. Rip explains the situation and Wally goes "Well, if you need a speedster, why didn't you ask Barry?" and then Rip explains that if Wally were to die on this mission, the timeline wouldn't be impacted at all, so he's much more expendable than Barry.
    Now that I think about it, I don't think we've seen Rip meet Barry or present-day Oliver yet.

The closest was probably that teaser footage for the show that was made up of completely original footage.

And I guess if Rip had a hard time finding Wally, it explains why Team Flash couldn't contact him about what was going on in Central City. He's gone completely off-grid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Not only is Nate white, he's a hemophiliac and a metahuman. How would that affect the children he had with Amaya and how would they fit in with the Zambesi?
    If Nate was her father I would assume Mari's mom would probably be lighter-skinned compared to the rest of Zambesi, though she didn't look it in the Vixen cartoon.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Some things I forgot:

Rip Hunter without a beard: Yay!
    Wally West with Samurai Jack hair: Boo!

I hope Rip finds Booster Gold, Goldstar, and Skeets next or they find him.

I apologize for my foggy brain, but the monastery Wally was, is that the same place Barry left Big Sir?

I wonder Mick was inspired to write watching the interactions between Leo and The Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If Zari needs the team to save her brother and 2042, does that mean Mallus is partially responsible for the future timeline where Argus cracks down on Metahumans and becomes a dictatorship? I just wonder if they're ever going to explain how that happened.
    I do like your idea that Mallus is partially responsible for the dictatorship future.

Cool.

You know, with the threat of rats and flies coming aboard time ships with diseases, they should really get a Time Cat.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Zari's been probably the most casual and dispassionate member of the team since day one, so it makes sense that we would have an episode that really emphasized her issues, had her grow, and cementing her bond and loyalty to the team.

Although, really, this all probably would have been avoided had the team still had a dedicated engineer. I guess that's going to be Wally's job now.

I love how meta they got with the fact that they were finally doing a time loop episode .

Huh, so the Hawks' gear is still on the Waverider? That's the first we've seen them be referenced since season 1 ended.

Sara struggling with being the "bad cop" probably gives her more appreciation for what Rip had to go through back when he was in charge.

So is Nate Mari's grandfather? Because at this point they've developed and focused on his romance with Amaya so much that I have a hard time believing that Amaya is ever going to end up leaving the Waverider to find someone else to father Mari's mom. But I just don't know how that would go over.

This show never ceases to surprise when it comes to Heat Wave. Now it turns out Mick is a surprisingly good novelist. Also, I think Zari sporting them is the first time we've seen his goggles in forever.

Sara and Ava's relationship seems to be developing well. But do most of Sara's relationships end badly? She's really been more of the love em' and leave em' type, but usually in a nice way. Her past two major relationships (Oliver and Nyssa) ended fairly amicably.

Poor Gary. Gideon thinks of him as the comedy relief that he is .

If Zari needs the team to save her brother and 2042, does that mean Mallus is partially responsible for the future timeline where Argus cracks down on Metahumans and becomes a dictatorship? I just wonder if they're ever going to explain how that happened.

I get what Gideon was going for but it was kind of drastic to make Zari have to live through what she did again and again just to drive a point home, however necessary that point was for her to learn.

Gideon is an "evil genius?" Well, she is Rip Hunter's ship and Rip had his moments...

It's good to see Rip is still committed to stopping Mallus, even on his own. It's just good to see Rip again .

So Wally has been at a monastery the entire time? I guess his spirit quest didn't end at Blue Valley. Though was meditation really the answer to his problems when he left Team Flash? I guess we've got a zen Wally on our hands now (which is kind of funny since Barry's kind of zen these days too).
    Keep in mind, a Gideon was Thawn's computer. I wonder if we'll see Gideons battle? Odds on Rip dying, this season?
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    But in one of your earlier posts you said that Amaya would be afraid of changing the future...so which is it? If you think all she has to do is go back to some exact time to prevent messing anything up, why would she be afraid of changing the future? Why be afraid of anything at all if you know you can go back to some exact time and fix stuff (supposedly)?
    She could go back to the exact same moment from which she left... and still be afraid of changing time because of what she now knows about the future. Without a memory wipe, the temptation to do something to prevent the massacre of her village would be almost irresistible, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    She could go back to the exact same moment from which she left... and still be afraid of changing time because of what she now knows about the future. Without a memory wipe, the temptation to do something to prevent the massacre of her village would be almost irresistible, don't you think?
    I don't think I'm a big fan of memory wiping, to be honest.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Wasn't Wally suppose to be in Blue Valley? What the hell is he doing in China?

Happened about every other episode on the Wonder Woman TV series. Woman Woman doing a mind wipe using the Golden Lasso. At least it is rare on LoT.

Neither am I... but it's difficult to see how she could resist the temptation (or looked at another way, the responsibility) to try to protect her people and prevent the massacre using her foreknowledge without one, as well. I mean, once she goes back to living in her own time, has her children, is responsible for protecting them... why should she treat her future as fated and fixed and not do whatever she can.
    Last edited by vitruvian; 02-22-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    Keep in mind, a Gideon was Thawn's computer. I wonder if we'll see Gideons battle? Odds on Rip dying, this season?
    Well, we kind of got that in the Earth-X crossover with the Earth-X Nazi Waverider.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if she's sorely tempted to tell Mari's mom about the raid once she passes the Totem onto her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Wasn't Wally suppose to be in Blue Valley? What the hell is he doing in China?
    Wally came back from Blue Valley. I think Joe mentioned the episode after the wedding/Earth-X crossover that he was in Cambodia.

Retired

Wally seems to be on a quest for enlightenment. Maybe that has someting to do with him being touched by the Philosopher's Stone. Perhaps that's the sixth totem--or else when all the totems come together they form the Philosopher's Stone. But then this starts to sound like the Spear of Destiny. So I hope it's not the same thing over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Wally seems to be on a quest for enlightenment. Maybe that has someting to do with him being touched by the Philosopher's Stone. Perhaps that's the sixth totem--or else when all the totems come together they form the Philosopher's Stone. But then this starts to sound like the Spear of Destiny. So I hope it's not the same thing over again.
    Or, it could be as simple as finding his place in the world. Blue Valley, Cambodia, and now China? Yeah.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Or, it could be as simple as finding his place in the world. Blue Valley, Cambodia, and now China? Yeah.
    His place is Keystone. Send him there now.

That arrogant detective who derided Kid Flash even mentioned Keystone could use a Flash.

Nah, he's headed through time for a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's sorely tempted to tell Mari's mom about the raid once she passes the Totem onto her.
    And really, who could blame her? Even Sara justified helping Zari try to figure out how to save her brother on the basis that from her (Sara's) perspective, those events are still in a future yet to be written. Well, once Amaya goes back to her proper time, wouldn't that apply equally to her and the massacre that's eventually 'supposed' to form part of Mari's origin story.

Bottom line, once you're living your own life in your own time, I have a hard time buying the idea that you're under any obligation to do everything you can to ensure things happen exactly as you've been told they're going to in the future. Even if having that knowledge could be considered a form of 'cheating', once you have it it doesn't change anything about your responsibilities to family, friends, community to try to forge the best possible future - whether it matches with what you've been told about or not. So, why should Amaya feel under any more obligation to let her village get massacred once the 90s rolled around, then Barry felt an obligation to become Savitar and kill Iris, just because he was told that was his future?