Page 156 of 277 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 4155
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

"Hey you guys!"

Mick must have been an Electric Company fan when he was a kid.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

Ray Palmer you idiot!!!! Why didn't you take Heatwave with as backup????

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Ray Palmer you idiot!!!! Why didn't you take Heatwave with as backup????
    Yeah, that was really a bonehead play on his part.

Incredible Member

Just kill Dahrk already. 3 seasons of him is more than enough. You'd think there were no other villains in DC. Use someone else already.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Just kill Dahrk already. 3 seasons of him is more than enough. You'd think there were no other villains in DC. Use someone else already.
    He WAS dead. That's the thing with DC (and comic/comic-based franchises); "dead" isn't exactly the most permanent thing, under the right circumstances.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    "Hey you guys!"

Mick must have been an Electric Company fan when he was a kid.
    Or was that from The Goonies instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    I agree completely.

Retired

Ray couldn't leave his wife for dead. That would give Brandon Routh too many grey hairs.

This episode was a good demonstration of what LEGENDS can do and the other shows can't. It can go in so many different directions in the same episode and it all fits together. Losing her totem might have been the best thing for Amaya's character--she was quite salty.

LOT and BLACK LIGHTNING are competing for which one is going to be my favourite this season. The others aren't even in the running. I was ready to give it to BL, but then LEGENDS came back and reminded me that funny shows are just as good as serious shows. I'm waiting to see what BL will offer tomorrow.

I think this is the best use of Wally that I've seen and it wasn't on THE FLASH. I'm confident when he finally gets on the Waverider it will be awesome. I wonder what else is on his playlist.

So Mari's started dating McCallister? I guess it did seem kind of inevitable.

Poor Wally. He's still not over Jesse and feeling like a third wheel in Team Flash.

Though I think Wally is really selling himself short. I remember in his early appearances they seemed to spin Wally as being a pretty bright, talented, engineer with a lot of potential. Although I guess you could say it was The Flash writers who sold him short.

Also, poor Rip. He doesn't feel like he fits with the Legends anymore and that he's ruined his relationship with both Sara and Ava, so he's got nothing else to do but get drunk and sing karaoke in Japan. And make-up for his mistakes of course .

It was nice to see Rip back in his jacket, though it looks weird on him without the goatee.

And, finally, poor Gary. Like, did Wally really need to pants him after all that? I'm not sure how he deserved that beyond being Gary .

There weren't any DC characters from the pirate-era they could've plundered for this episode? Not that I don't appreciate the fun takes on historical figures, but I miss seeing obscure or cult classic DC characters on this show.

I guess that's probably the closest we'll get to Maisie Richardson-Sellers using her natural accent.

It doesn't seem like Amaya is under any illusions that Nate is Mari and Kuasa's grandfather though she also doesn't seem to be in any rush to meet her future husband. I actually feel bad for the guy that he'd probably constantly have to measure up to Nate in her eyes.

I don't know why Sara is so worked up about not being "normal." Wasn't she the one eager to get back in the game after being stuck in retail? Though I guess anything is better then working retail...

I feel like Amaya losing her Totem should be a big deal, but she hardly ever uses it or does anything that significant with it that sometimes it's easy to forget she has it to begin with.

So the Earth Totem basically turns you into Poison Ivy? Seems more like the Plant Totem.

I feel bad for those pirates. They really didn't stand a chance.

Ray saving Nora is up there with him opening Vandal Savage's cell all the way back in season 1 as one of the most boneheaded moves he's ever made on this show. I mean, did he seriously think Darhk would just let him go after he cured Nora? Did he have any kind of escape plan? Why couldn't he have just thrown the cure at Darhk and then just jumped out of there with Amaya's Totem ?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or was that from The Goonies instead...
    Yeah, forgot about that, though for my generation, it was definitely The Electric Company that put it on the map more than a decade earlier.

I think this show needs a house cleaning. In my opinion, the only necessary members of the team are Sara and Mick. Since Amaya and Nate are destined NOT to be together, they should both go back to their respective times. Ray has been pretty much useless. Zari should stay, as she has the right attitude for the show, and would play well off Wally West, who should become a regular. That would give the show four regular characters, and they could revolve other characters in as needed -- sort of a DC TV version of the Exiles.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I think this show needs a house cleaning. In my opinion, the only necessary members of the team are Sara and Mick. Since Amaya and Nate are destined NOT to be together, they should both go back to their respective times. Ray has been pretty much useless. Zari should stay, as she has the right attitude for the show, and would play well off Wally West, who should become a regular. That would give the show four regular characters, and they could revolve other characters in as needed -- sort of a DC TV version of the Exiles.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Sandy Hausler
    I kind of agree; i think ralph would fit in with this team rather well, but i’d rather see cisco join up instead. Or would that make it too flash heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I kind of agree; i think ralph would fit in with this team rather well, but i’d rather see cisco join up instead. Or would that make it too flash heavy?
    I would leave the two slots open for various characters. I think Cisco and/or Elongated Man would work fine. So would Mr. Terrific (especially if they get rid of Nate and Ray; he has the same sort of goofy character). And if you can bring in other Earth characters, Braniac 5 would be a must. On one hand, he'd think everyone on the team is an idiot, but he'd have to be impressed by the Waverider.

Sandy Hausler

Retired

I care more about the actors than the super-heroes. The actors right now have a good chemistry with each other and it would be stupid to swap in other actors that could wreck the good thing they have going. Anyway, it's not like you actually get the super-hero most of the time. Unless someone wants to donate hundreds of millions of dollars to the production, the budget isn't going to allow for more than a few effects per episode. With this ep, we got a plant queen, Nora's purple face treatment and Wally's lightning speed. We didn't get the Atom, Vixen, Steel or the air bender--even though their powers would have been useful to the team and avoided most of their problems. And no one appeared in their super-hero costumes.

So you could prepare a laundry list of super-heroes to put on the show and it wouldn't matter--you wouldn't get them powered up and in costume for the bulk of the time. But the beauty of the limitations is that it pushes the writers to do other things like great character interactions, which carry the story.

The series is more like a self-cleaning oven. Don't worry about cleaning it out manually--that's going to happen on its own, because we see that actors need to leave for other things. Every season has had a shake up in the roster. And this season seems to have had more cast changes than the previous two seasons. I'll be happy if we can just get to through the next six episdoes without losing anyone. Doubtless, everything will change again next season, but I'm happy with the crew we've got now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I care more about the actors than the super-heroes. The actors right now have a good chemistry with each other and it would be stupid to swap in other actors that could wreck the good thing they have going. Anyway, it's not like you actually get the super-hero most of the time. Unless someone wants to donate hundreds of millions of dollars to the production, the budget isn't going to allow for more than a few effects per episode. With this ep, we got a plant queen, Nora's purple face treatment and Wally's lightning speed. We didn't get the Atom, Vixen, Steel or the air bender--even though their powers would have been useful to the team and avoided most of their problems. And no one appeared in their super-hero costumes.

So you could prepare a laundry list of super-heroes to put on the show and it wouldn't matter--you wouldn't get them powered up and in costume for the bulk of the time. But the beauty of the limitations is that it pushes the writers to do other things like great character interactions, which carry the story.

The series is more like a self-cleaning oven. Don't worry about cleaning it out manually--that's going to happen on its own, because we see that actors need to leave for other things. Every season has had a shake up in the roster. And this season seems to have had more cast changes than the previous two seasons. I'll be happy if we can just get to through the next six episdoes without losing anyone. Doubtless, everything will change again next season, but I'm happy with the crew we've got now.
    We didn’t get heat wave either, which i thought was kind of odd- mick always carries his heat gun, until now?