Page 157 of 277 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 4155
    Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Mari's started dating McCallister? I guess it did seem kind of inevitable.
    Really? I didn't see it, but that's me.

Also, poor Rip. He doesn't feel like he fits with the Legends anymore and that he's ruined his relationship with both Sara and Ava, so he's got nothing else to do but get drunk and sing karaoke in Japan. And make-up for his mistakes of course .
    My favorite part! Both actors have great voices! I wondered they encountered the Zyurangers there

It was nice to see Rip back in his jacket, though it looks weird on him without the goatee.
    I think he looks great!

There weren't any DC characters from the pirate-era they could've plundered for this episode? Not that I don't appreciate the fun takes on historical figures, but I miss seeing obscure or cult classic DC characters on this show.
    Are there DC characters from the pirate-era?

It doesn't seem like Amaya is under any illusions that Nate is Mari and Kuasa's grandfather though she also doesn't seem to be in any rush to meet her future husband. I actually feel bad for the guy that he'd probably constantly have to measure up to Nate in her eyes.
    Yeah, that guy have to be a distant ancestor of Black Panther to get Amaya's attention (Yes, I know, Marvel; I was trying to be funny).

So the Earth Totem basically turns you into Poison Ivy? Seems more like the Plant Totem.
    Yes! Yes! I was thinking the exact same thing! Thank you! (Shakes hands)

Three questions:

1. What's with the Fire Totem? Did they glue it back together?
    2. By the way, did Constantine meet Mari (Vixen) before in the Arrowverse? I noticed that Constantine mentioned Anansi. I think this is the first time Anansi was referenced, unless I'm wrong (and probably is)
    3. I apologize for my foggy brain, but the monastery Wally was, is that the same place Barry left Big Sir?

Yeah, in that last episode of "Season" 2 of "Vixen" when they were in the museum looking at the ruined fire totem under glass or whatever, Mari and Prof. McCallister acted like they were attracted to each other...it seemed like there was a spark between them.

Pirates? I think that was the last of my "time period every time traveler has to go to". ::checks list:: Wild West, Camelot, Feudal Japan...yeah, Pirates was the last one Legends needed to do.

Good Amaya episode, she probably has the best arc of anyone all season. She's got a lot to deal with! Good thing she's apparently just as competent a fighter without her totem as she is with it. I hope that rum based off her appears somewhere else.

Rip and Wally bonding was GREAT! I'm glad they didn't just rush in and have him join the Legends. I am eager for that to happen, though, especially since they remembered Wally and Nate bonded in Barry's absence.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    Odds on Rip dying, this season?
    Hm, not sure. It's possible, but if they do it, I'd like them to revisit what his family life was like before all the stuff with Vandal Savage and the Time Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think this is the best use of Wally that I've seen and it wasn't on THE FLASH. I'm confident when he finally gets on the Waverider it will be awesome. I wonder what else is on his playlist.
    I'm thinking "Jesse's Girl". Wait, maybe not...

And, finally, poor Gary. Like, did Wally really need to pants him after all that? I'm not sure how he deserved that beyond being Gary .
    Gary is being abused a lot lately. I bet someone will go too far and push him over the edge...thus turning Gary into Maullus!

It doesn't seem like Amaya is under any illusions that Nate is Mari and Kuasa's grandfather though she also doesn't seem to be in any rush to meet her future husband. I actually feel bad for the guy that he'd probably constantly have to measure up to Nate in her eyes.
    It shouldn't be that hard for him, just don't be an idiot. I guess it will depend on how Amaya and Nate finally end their relationship.

Ray saving Nora is up there with him opening Vandal Savage's cell all the way back in season 1 as one of the most boneheaded moves he's ever made on this show. I mean, did he seriously think Darhk would just let him go after he cured Nora? Did he have any kind of escape plan? Why couldn't he have just thrown the cure at Darhk and then just jumped out of there with Amaya's Totem ?
    He should've done that, but I feel like everything that happened was in character for Ray. It's one thing to kill someone in the heat of battle to save a teammate. It's another to poison someone you knew as a child and watch her die painfully in the arms of her father. Ray wasn't thinking so much for his safety as he wanted to make sure the cure worked on Nora.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    And if you can bring in other Earth characters, Braniac 5 would be a must. On one hand, he'd think everyone on the team is an idiot, but he'd have to be impressed by the Waverider.
    Impressed? I bet he'd fall in love with Gideon.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I apologize for my foggy brain, but the monastery Wally was, is that the same place Barry left Big Sir?
    The location stamp said Wally was in the Yunnan Province. Big Sir was left in Jiaju.

Incredible Member

There weren't any DC characters from the pirate-era they could've plundered for this episode? Not that I don't appreciate the fun takes on historical figures, but I miss seeing obscure or cult classic DC characters on this show.
    The only ones that come to mind right now are Swordfish and Barracuda. Swordfish was an expert swordsman who can fly and Barracuda was a woman who can swim at incredible speeds and 'whale-like' strength (possible ancestor of Superman's father Jonathan Kent). I think their only appearance was in a Worlds Finest story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Just kill Dahrk already. 3 seasons of him is more than enough. You'd think there were no other villains in DC. Use someone else already.
    I disagree. Not only is Darhk not the main villain this season, but like in the comics it's fun to have recurring villains. You understand them and their powers and don't need any introduction. He isn't detracting the story in any way so I see no issue with him still being around. Also the stuff with his daughter is really interesting. Neil McDonough does a fantastic job playing him and I'm in no hurry to see him go

BANNED

I think this show needs a house cleaning. In my opinion, the only necessary members of the team are Sara and Mick. Since Amaya and Nate are destined NOT to be together, they should both go back to their respective times. Ray has been pretty much useless. Zari should stay, as she has the right attitude for the show, and would play well off Wally West, who should become a regular. That would give the show four regular characters, and they could revolve other characters in as needed -- sort of a DC TV version of the Exiles.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Sandy Hausler
    I disagree with this as well.

In the past 2 and a half seasons the writers have done an impeccable job at establishing this assembly of random characters as a family. Each of them love each other and are capable of working together. There are no "useless" characters. The point of this show is not about a "successful" or "necessary" team. It's about a group of seemingly unrelated characters being able to care about each other and work together, and have fun along the way. It's shocking how people can still not grasp that concept. Yes, some characters are placed on the sidelines for the sake of a certain character's arc or the storyline, but that doesn't mean any of them aren't necessary. The last episode with Zari I thought did an amazing job at shining a light on all the characters while establishing our new character as a member of the family.

No house cleaning is necessary; they aren't going to ditch every character except for a couple just because a few of them seem "useless" (which isn't even true, literally every character this season has proved their worth on the team) . This show is perfect as is and the lineup is stellar. And with Wally joining the team full time next episode that'll be even more true.

Also, people need to seriously get over the Nate and Amaya thing. Amaya could realistically be away from 1942 for the next 20 or so years and still fulfill her destiny as Mari and Kuasa's grandmother. Seriously, get over it. She's an awesome character and works well with the team and she isn't going anywhere anytime soon, the sooner people realize that the better they'll be able to enjoy it

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wanted to see more of Rip and Wally getting drunk together. My favorite parts of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Are there DC characters from the pirate-era?
    The Black Pirate and Captain Fear, for two.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I disagree with this as well.

In the past 2 and a half seasons the writers have done an impeccable job at establishing this assembly of random characters as a family. Each of them love each other and are capable of working together. There are no "useless" characters. The point of this show is not about a "successful" or "necessary" team. It's about a group of seemingly unrelated characters being able to care about each other and work together, and have fun along the way. It's shocking how people can still not grasp that concept. Yes, some characters are placed on the sidelines for the sake of a certain character's arc or the storyline, but that doesn't mean any of them aren't necessary. The last episode with Zari I thought did an amazing job at shining a light on all the characters while establishing our new character as a member of the family.

No house cleaning is necessary; they aren't going to ditch every character except for a couple just because a few of them seem "useless" (which isn't even true, literally every character this season has proved their worth on the team) . This show is perfect as is and the lineup is stellar. And with Wally joining the team full time next episode that'll be even more true.

Also, people need to seriously get over the Nate and Amaya thing. Amaya could realistically be away from 1942 for the next 20 or so years and still fulfill her destiny as Mari and Kuasa's grandmother. Seriously, get over it. She's an awesome character and works well with the team and she isn't going anywhere anytime soon, the sooner people realize that the better they'll be able to enjoy it
    They've gotten rid of the Hawks, Firestorm and, for the most part, Rip. There's no reason, we should have to suffer through the doomed Mari/Nate romance and the cluelessness of Ray. Sure, in a particular episode one of them can contribute, but all in all, they are a detriment to the show. Just my opinion, of course.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

They've gotten rid of the Hawks, Firestorm and, for the most part, Rip. There's no reason, we should have to suffer through the doomed Mari/Nate romance and the cluelessness of Ray. Sure, in a particular episode one of them can contribute, but all in all, they are a detriment to the show. Just my opinion, of course.

Sandy Hausler
    -The Hawks were one of the biggest complaints about season one.
    -Rip is still part of the main cast, and his absence in season 2 was what helped the team grow stronger together.
    -I agree that Jax shouldn't have left for the sake of the storyline but as far as I know both actors wanted to part ways with the show.

In what way are you suffering? Every character has their quirk. Ray has a big heart but he is far from clueless. That has always been his number one trait in the Arrowverse.

Everything that a character has done, all their mishaps and decisions, is for the sake of the overall story they are telling.

Retired

The mission statement starting in season two and continuing in this one is that they all screw up, but sometimes they screw up for the better. In every episode, one character gets to be the hero and one character has to screw up big time. This ep allowed Amaya to be the hero and Ray was the screw-up. Last episode, Zari was the hero after being the screw-up.

They need to watch it with Sara--she's getting to be too good at her job and it makes her look like the responsible one. She needs to fail more often, so she doesn't turn into a bore.

Mick showed Amaya that it's no good to worry about what is going to happen next and she should be more like a pirate. Which is one way to see the whole crew--they are like pirates. I wasn't feeling it with Amaya and Nate at the first part of the season, but the last two episodes have brought me around. Those two are freaks for each other and they deserve to be together. However, I don't think the series would give so much attention to Amaya's dilemma if wasn't going to be important to the plot. So I think by the end of this season, there will be some development on what happens to her and Nate.

The series reminds me of the Giffen and DeMatteis Justice League. Necessity being the mother of invention, they made the Justice League into a band of lovable misfits, out of the limitation imposed on them by others at DC. They had to make do with the characters they were allowed to use (which kept changing during their run), so they opted not to take the team too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    -The Hawks were one of the biggest complaints about season one.
    -Rip is still part of the main cast, and his absence in season 2 was what helped the team grow stronger together.
    -I agree that Jax shouldn't have left for the sake of the storyline but as far as I know both actors wanted to part ways with the show.

In what way are you suffering? Every character has their quirk. Ray has a big heart but he is far from clueless. That has always been his number one trait in the Arrowverse.

Everything that a character has done, all their mishaps and decisions, is for the sake of the overall story they are telling.
    We're just going to have to disagree, which is fine.

Sandy Hausler

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm with Sandy, I think some of the cast needs to go. Personally I think Nate is useless. The Legends don't need a historian as Gideon fills that role and does it better. He's just as dumb as Ray is. Unless just wants another meta I would kick him.

I hope that Vixen returns to back to 1942 after this season. Much like the Hawks I feel her story is over once the season ends. Please don't continue this romance that's doomed.

Ray as dumb as he is I'll sooner believe he'll get killed off then leaving of his own accord. I just want the show to smarten him up than get rid of him.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 02-28-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Retired

The Black Pirate (Jon Valor) was in the 16th century not the 18th century so it wouldn't be possible for him to show up unless he was an anachronism or they merely wanted him for an Easter egg. But two pirates named Black would probably have been too confusing.

Captain Fear could have worked since he was from the 18th century (but I'm not sure if he was around in 1717). So maybe we can just pretend he was one of the pirates in the background.

In the future, if they draft new members it should be actors that already appear on the other shows or characters (like Gary and Ava) that have a slow build to prove how well they fit into the cast. Right now they've achieved a carrying capacity where a number of actors can do a turn, leave for a bit, then come back.

There would probably be a mutiny if Vandal Savage, Hawkman or Hawkwoman returned, but everyone else is fair game--Eobard Thawne, Malcolm Meryln, Black Siren, Stargirl, Hourman, Commander Steel, Obsidian, Doctor Mid-Nite, Jonah Hex, Citizen Cold, John Constantine, Martin Stein, Jefferson Jackson, Lily Stein, Guinivere, Anne of Austria, Night Nurse.

And from the other shows--Mr. Terrific, Wild Dog, Ragman, Arsenal, Killer Frost, Elongated Man, Gypsy, Jesse Quick, Jay Garrick, Mon-El, Saturn Girl, Brainiac 5, the Guardian.

We're just going to have to disagree, which is fine.

Sandy Hausler
    I agree with you I like Vixen but she can be sacrificed because I can't stand Nate and Ray especially together and would welcome them gone. It sadens me to say that because I love Ray/Atom in the comics but god are they annoying.