Page 167 of 277 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this is the first time we've seen the kind of missions Ra's had Sara do when she was part of the League.
    I believe so too, but you'd think all the times she was referred to as an assassin, her teammates would wonder. Alex Danvers probably had the most realistic response to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Jax was the youngster on the team and that is the "void" Wally is filling. They're both young and enthusiastic.
    Jax as the team youngster works better in contrast to someone like Stein. Wally doesn't have that. Plus, Zari has been doing more engineering work, so Wally isn't doing that either.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I believe so too, but you'd think all the times she was referred to as an assassin, her teammates would wonder. Alex Danvers probably had the most realistic response to that.

Jax as the team youngster works better in contrast to someone like Stein. Wally doesn't have that. Plus, Zari has been doing more engineering work, so Wally isn't doing that either.
    However, having a speedster on the team can only help going forwards.

Unless he becomes mind-controlled. Then that would not go well for the rest.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Two things I forgot to mentioned:

1. I like the in-joke of comparing Constantine to Sting.

2. Every time Gideon breaks down and the med bay is broken, makes me wish they have someone with a medical degree on the Waverider; and there are plenty of superheroes with medical degrees.

Spectacular Member

if only there were a famous Dr that is also an earth totem .

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

The meta commentary on them being actors was unexpected.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

It always makes me sad to see a beautiful woman like Kuasa get killed off on one of these shows. :-(
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

Poor Amaya.

For once the back and forth with Amaya and Nate didn't feel so back and forth-y for me.

Good to know that he isn't the grandfather, too.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Astonishing Member

So...yeah. Guess Nate will be Mari and Kuasa's grandfather, now. Go change that timeline Amaya!

Wonder if this'll be the shows answer to why Kuasa looked so different in the animated series and here?

Ultimate Member

If Amaya changes the timeline then anything is fair game as to who is related to who(m)...

So isn’t this like the third time sara has taken a personal day this season? And it seems kind of weird that mari would still try to be a vigilante without her totem- would she even know about her heritage if the totem didn’t exist for a generation? How would she even know about it if she’s a foster kid? By the way, i kind of wish mari’s “vixen-cave” had a bit more artifacts from her heritage.
    I’m still undecided if wally’s a total screw up or not. He handled kuasa fairly easily though. Nope, he’s a screw up.
    They must really want us to hate rip if he’s responsible for whatever’s going on with ava.
    It!s kind of funny that amaya would have zari try to teach mick how to use the fire totem, when she’s barely learned how to use the air totem. I guess i’m glad that they talked at the end , but can they not use the word “muslim?”
    So damian’s soft spot is his daughter; i’m not quite sure how this is going to end. at least one of the darkh’s is going to die; right now i’m hoping it’s nora. And while i’m glad amaya got her totem back, i’m ready for the drama with her lineage to be over.
    Last edited by protege; 03-27-2018 at 08:18 AM.

It's kind of sad that Ray probably has the most seniority on the team next to Sara and Mick but Sara picks Amaya as acting captain while she's away. Not that I'm surprised or think Amaya is a bad choice, you'd just think Ray being such a longstanding member of the team would get a little more respect from Sara...

Would you look at that. Mick learning to be a little more culturally sensitive .

It's kind of funny how much this show talks about Mari and her importance to the characters on this show yet goes out of its way to never actually show her. I'm almost half-tempted to want them to recast the character just so she can finally appear rather then continually waiting on Megalyn EK having time to film an appearance.

So Mari still tries to be a hero even without her Totem. While I admire her tenacity and heroism, I question how much she can accomplish with no powers and a skillset that can only be surmised as "amateur fashion designer."

Mari's dad sounds decidedly less like Neil Flynn then he does on the cartoon...

Mari's "Vixen Cave" looks about what you would expect from a Superhero who's only source of income is her middle-class adoptive father and being an amateur fashion designer. Although where the heck did she get all those weapons?

Y'know, if this was Barry fighting Kuasa, he would've just stood around for her to hit him and then not even bother chasing after her once she had gotten away .

There's something oddly funny about seeing our heroes travel to a future version of Vancouver given this is an Arrowverse show (that are all filmed in Vancouver).

I can't tell if Gary has a massive crush on Ava or just idolizes her enough to fantasize about her in what are probably some erotic fantasies.

I guess Ray is definitely an Original Trilogy guy then a Prequel guy.

So Ava is from a cloning line designed to create the perfect woman to fulfill the needs of future Vancouver citizens. I can only imagine Rip plucked her out of that time because he saw that such a clone had the makings of the perfect Time Bureau agent.

It was oddly satisfying seeing Damian get a taste of his own medicine, though I was a little bummed to see it cut into the blossoming bromance between Nate and Darhk. I also wonder where they'll go with Darhk being unsure of his allegiance to Mallus if it means Nora's death.

So did Mallus just absorb the Speed Force coming from Wally? Can Darhk do that with his magic?

It's kind of sad that Kuasa's two deaths involved her acting heroic like her grandmother and sister .

Gorilla Grodd going back in time to kill Barrack Obama. That actually sounds like a believable comic book plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    So...yeah. Guess Nate will be Mari and Kuasa's grandfather, now. Go change that timeline Amaya!
    I think it's more likely we're going to finally see her and Nate breakup since they addressed the fact that their relationship is as much of a threat to Mari and Kuasa's existence as Amaya's death is, and that Nate isn't their grandfather.

I doubt Amaya is actually going to succeed in changing the timeline if only because that would then invalidate the entirety of the Vixen series.
    Wonder if this'll be the shows answer to why Kuasa looked so different in the animated series and here?
    Didn't they already mention that her revival changed her form? I feel like they mentioned that somewhere to explain how Ray didn't recognize her.

Ultimate Member

If Ava is simply a clone then the reason that Rip kept it a secret is simple enough to understand really, he did it to protect her or keep her from getting all messed up by the news, or maybe the Ava that is in the bureau isn't a true clone and is the real Ava or something like that, or maybe she was a clone that broke her programming and became something more and Rip rescued her from being reprogrammed or whatever...I'd almost rather see Damian be the one to die saving Nora and then for a free Nora to have to decide whose side she's really on...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of sad that Ray probably has the most seniority on the team next to Sara and Mick but Sara picks Amaya as acting captain while she's away. Not that I'm surprised or think Amaya is a bad choice, you'd just think Ray being such a longstanding member of the team would get a little more respect from Sara...

Would you look at that. Mick learning to be a little more culturally sensitive .

It's kind of funny how much this show talks about Mari and her importance to the characters on this show yet goes out of its way to never actually show her. I'm almost half-tempted to want them to recast the character just so she can finally appear rather then continually waiting on Megalyn EK having time to film an appearance.

So Mari still tries to be a hero even without her Totem. While I admire her tenacity and heroism, I question how much she can accomplish with no powers and a skillset that can only be surmised as "amateur fashion designer."

Mari's dad sounds decidedly less like Neil Flynn then he does on the cartoon...

Mari's "Vixen Cave" looks about what you would expect from a Superhero who's only source of income is her middle-class adoptive father and being an amateur fashion designer. Although where the heck did she get all those weapons?

Y'know, if this was Barry fighting Kuasa, he would've just stood around for her to hit him and then not even bother chasing after her once she had gotten away .

There's something oddly funny about seeing our heroes travel to a future version of Vancouver given this is an Arrowverse show (that are all filmed in Vancouver).

I can't tell if Gary has a massive crush on Ava or just idolizes her enough to fantasize about her in what are probably some erotic fantasies.

I guess Ray is definitely an Original Trilogy guy then a Prequel guy.

So Ava is from a cloning line designed to create the perfect woman to fulfill the needs of future Vancouver citizens. I can only imagine Rip plucked her out of that time because he saw that such a clone had the makings of the perfect Time Bureau agent.

It was oddly satisfying seeing Damian get a taste of his own medicine, though I was a little bummed to see it cut into the blossoming bromance between Nate and Darhk. I also wonder where they'll go with Darhk being unsure of his allegiance to Mallus if it means Nora's death.

So did Mallus just absorb the Speed Force coming from Wally? Can Darhk do that with his magic?

It's kind of sad that Kuasa's two deaths involved her acting heroic like her grandmother and sister .

Gorilla Grodd going back in time to kill Barrack Obama. That actually sounds like a believable comic book plot.

I think it's more likely we're going to finally see her and Nate breakup since they addressed the fact that their relationship is as much of a threat to Mari and Kuasa's existence as Amaya's death is, and that Nate isn't their grandfather.

I doubt Amaya is actually going to succeed in changing the timeline if only because that would then invalidate the entirety of the Vixen series.

Didn't they already mention that her revival changed her form? I feel like they mentioned that somewhere to explain how Ray didn't recognize her.
    I think the show runners shot themselves in the foot when they cast Maisie Richardson sellers as the original vixen’s grandmother; exploring her history has gotten really convoluted, and can only end one way. I’d rather they cast her as the current vixen, leaving her free to stay on the waverider indefinitely.(unless she meets HER granddaughter or something...) in fact, one of the themes in this show, is that the characters themselves seem to be on borrowed time. I keep wondering how much longer mick is going to stick around, for example.
    Last edited by protege; 03-26-2018 at 09:53 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    If Ava is simply a clone then the reason that Rip kept it a secret is simple enough to understand really, he did it to protect her or keep her from getting all messed up by the news, or maybe the Ava that is in the bureau isn't a true clone and is the real Ava or something like that, or maybe she was a clone that broke her programming and became something more and Rip rescued her from being reprogrammed or whatever...I'd almost rather see Damian be the one to die saving Nora and then for a free Nora to have to decide whose side she's really on...
    It's real simple why Rip recruited Ava for the Bureau, to be disposable. She is a simple clone where millions of her exist. I bet he plans on killing Mallus by putting him in a vessel that can be killed. Ava is that vessel.