Page 168 of 277 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 4155
    Astonishing Member

It's still pretty easy to fit in Nate as a grandfather even without altering reality.

Kuasa knows who her grandfather is and it's not Nate. Doesn't mean she's right.

For all we know Amaya becomes pregnant finds the "grandfather" of Kuasa and Mari and marries him. Of course that still raises the iffyness of making Mari being partially white, even if the show doesn't completely seem like it cares about that.

But I've assumed ever since Amaya's role grew in the show that SOMETHING would be changed subtly or otherwise to have everything still on track.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I will be upset if Amaya manages to successfully alter her history next episode. Almost everyone in the cast tried to do that in season 1 and failed thanks to time correcting course.

Astonishing Member

Anyone else wonder why only one year was quarantined? Is it like Ava clones were created on Jan 1 and none exist after Dec 31?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Anyone else wonder why only one year was quarantined? Is it like Ava clones were created on Jan 1 and none exist after Dec 31?
    That too is something I've questioned since there shouldn't in theory be anything stopping them from say flying to the year after. But depending on the history of the AVA program it's possible the "model" is retired every year for a new form perhaps?

But who knows. The show like many leave things deliberately vague especially given for all we know this is just A possible future. Perhaps it's even a simple pocket in time that doesn't flow with the rest of history ala the Star City (2046?) episode. Hard to say and vague to say of course.

Rip was in charge of the newly structured Time Bureau for, what, five years? That's enough time to figure out how to quarantine a whole year to "play" with so to speak. If he's known about the threat of Mallus for most of, if not all of, that time, this is his contingency plan. Use that year as a testing ground for the Ava clones. Make one of the clones a sort of puppet director (Gideon still called Rip director and I doubt it was out of affection). And when the time is right, he'll somehow put Mallus in that clone body and kill him/it/whatever Mallus is.

I'm curious who the template is, though. Was there ever a real Ava? Or...and I can't think of the last time this has happened in fiction, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Its possible the entire year itself is an anachronism that Rip exploited to perfect the Ava clones. That's what I'll assume anyway until its explicitly stated otherwise or another explanation is offered in-show.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's real simple why Rip recruited Ava for the Bureau, to be disposable. She is a simple clone where millions of her exist. I bet he plans on killing Mallus by putting him in a vessel that can be killed. Ava is that vessel.
    I don't think that it's as simple as that, though perhaps he sectioned off that year to keep Mallus and such from finding out about it and finding some way to defend himself against that kind of ending...though one would think that Rip is going to pretty great lengths if he just sees Ava as expendable...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't think that it's as simple as that, though perhaps he sectioned off that year to keep Mallus and such from finding out about it and finding some way to defend himself against that kind of ending...though one would think that Rip is going to pretty great lengths if he just sees Ava as expendable...
    Rip sent two dozen agents to their deaths just to prove Mallus existence to the Bureau and the Legends. He's not above doing what I described.

Ultimate Member

Though was it because he was backed into a corner and needed something that they wouldn't just shrug off, that he had to prove to them how serious a threat Mallus was...and not something that he'd do again without good cause...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    So...yeah. Guess Nate will be Mari and Kuasa's grandfather, now. Go change that timeline Amaya!

Wonder if this'll be the shows answer to why Kuasa looked so different in the animated series and here?
    The only physical difference between both versions of Kuasa is that the animated one has long hair. We canīt blame Ray for not remembering her; he only knew her for a couple of hours, and that moment isnīt exactly one of the most important things in his life.

Was I the only one worried that Zari and Mick's fight was going to end in them sleeping together? It was a funny subplot, turned pretty serious when they felt Kuasa's death.

So in this universe, they don't have a soap opera called "The Bold and the Beautiful", but they do have one called "The Brave and the Bold", I'm guessing from Damian's comment? That's fun. Damian's therapy session with Nate went over a lot better than the one he had with Ray. I guess his concern for Nora is growing so much he doesn't even want to torture his enemies.

Wally calling himself "The Fastest Man Alive" made me smile, even if Nate had to correct him.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    And it seems kind of weird that mari would still try to be a vigilante without her totem- would she even know about her heritage if the totem didn’t exist for a generation? How would she even know about it if she’s a foster kid?
    I was wondering that myself. Changes in time on this show sometimes result in...partial changes. This episode really made me want to see Mari show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of sad that Ray probably has the most seniority on the team next to Sara and Mick but Sara picks Amaya as acting captain while she's away. Not that I'm surprised or think Amaya is a bad choice, you'd just think Ray being such a longstanding member of the team would get a little more respect from Sara...
    Sara knows that Ray's attempts at being a leader aren't the most inspiring. He is smart and has experience, but he doesn't command respect the way the Dread Pirate Jiwe does. Also considering both Amaya and Nate were kind of responsible for Kuasa getting killed, Sara may've made the wrong decision to put Amaya in charge in the first place.

Y'know, if this was Barry fighting Kuasa, he would've just stood around for her to hit him and then not even bother chasing after her once she had gotten away .
    Then he would've gone back to STAR Labs and asked Cisco and Harry how to fight Kuasa, who would've put their heads together and come up with the plan to turn Caitlin into Killer Frost so she could freeze Kuasa in her water form. Then Barry would take Killer Frost out for their next encounter, and it would take the two of them to beat Kuasa.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's real simple why Rip recruited Ava for the Bureau, to be disposable. She is a simple clone where millions of her exist. I bet he plans on killing Mallus by putting him in a vessel that can be killed. Ava is that vessel.
    Could be. I was thinking Rip wants a high ranking official whose past is anonymous to prevent other time travelers from going back and killing her before she joined the Time Bureau. Sure, you can travel to the future to prevent Ava from joining the Time Bureau...but which Ava?

Now I'm wondering where Gary was recruited from.

It's still pretty easy to fit in Nate as a grandfather even without altering reality.

Kuasa knows who her grandfather is and it's not Nate. Doesn't mean she's right.

For all we know Amaya becomes pregnant finds the "grandfather" of Kuasa and Mari and marries him. Of course that still raises the iffyness of making Mari being partially white, even if the show doesn't completely seem like it cares about that.

But I've assumed ever since Amaya's role grew in the show that SOMETHING would be changed subtly or otherwise to have everything still on track.
    Well, this episode did introduce the concept of cloning. What if they just cloned Amaya, then sent the clone back in time to live out history, get married, have kids, have grandkids, and die in 1992? That leaves the original Amaya to continue her adventures on the Waverider. The only problem is there's only one Anansi Totem.

Astonishing Member

Does Damien D. know that Ollie kills him? Everyone else seems to. That aspect confuses me and I've paid enough attention to the show to know all the ins and outs of DD in the time continuity.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

Well, this episode did introduce the concept of cloning. What if they just cloned Amaya, then sent the clone back in time to live out history, get married, have kids, have grandkids, and die in 1992? That leaves the original Amaya to continue her adventures on the Waverider. The only problem is there's only one Anansi Totem.
    Hells no. I mean I love this show more than so many things, but I could not take that. Amaya's story is nearing completion and when it is, she needs to be gone.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    if only there were a famous Dr that is also an earth totem .
    Apologizes to sound like an idiot, but who are you referring?

Wonder if this'll be the shows answer to why Kuasa looked so different in the animated series and here?
    I thought it was because of Flashpoint.

It's kind of funny how much this show talks about Mari and her importance to the characters on this show yet goes out of its way to never actually show her. I'm almost half-tempted to want them to recast the character just so she can finally appear rather then continually waiting on Megalyn EK having time to film an appearance.
    I agree. What is the actress doing anyway? I lost track.

By the way, Kuasa also called the Totem the Anansi Totem. Besides Constantine, did anyone else referred to it as the Anansi Totem?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Does Damien D. know that Ollie kills him? Everyone else seems to. That aspect confuses me and I've paid enough attention to the show to know all the ins and outs of DD in the time continuity.
    He knows. Damien Darhk this season is resurrected after he was killed by Ollie in Arrow season 4. Damien last season was one pulled from 1987 Miami.

I'm disappointed with the lack of Grodd. He only showed up once after being recruited by Darhk.