Page 17 of 277 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Now if only the people at WB/CW can free Constantine from Hell called NBC.

Retired

I figure there has to be some long back story for why Diggle Junior chose to call himself "Connor Hawke." It's not a name you would just randomly choose.

Incredible Member

Booster gold is who I've been hoping for all season also Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) as these are the 3 in the comic books that run around together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I figure there has to be some long back story for why Diggle Junior chose to call himself "Connor Hawke." It's not a name you would just randomly choose.
    Maybe Connor was one his close friends who was killed during Uprising?
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Yeah I really liked the guy who played Grant. I really hope he can somehow get brought into Arrow.
    Well, that was 2046. And by the looks of it, I am assuming Grant is around 30. So, Grant wouldn't be born yet.

Of course, if he is 40...then, Grant would be around 10 now. Too young for GA to fight
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Well, that was 2046. And by the looks of it, I am assuming Grant is around 30. So, Grant wouldn't be born yet.

Of course, if he is 40...then, Grant would be around 10 now. Too young for GA to fight
    Yeah I know that's why I said somehow. Maybe Chronos could start recruiting people to take down the team and some get left behind in the wrong time period or something like that. Also who is Grant's mother and is Rose or Jericho around?

It would be cool to see a 10 year old Deathstroke kick GA's ass.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I recall the most we heard about Slade's family is that he has a son named "Joey," who was supposed to be a reference to Jericho, but they might've retconned it that his only son is Grant now.

Then again, Jericho's traditionally the good Wilson kid, so I could see him not getting involved in what his brother is doing.

I doubt Rose exists since we already had Ravager in Isabella Rochev for season 2.

Ah, Professor Stein, you have the best intentions (and I love how he and Jax can feel what the other feels), but you made things worse! Makes sense Kendra didn't want to date right now. Especially since she seems to be remembering past lives now. I loved Gideon nearly spilling the beans on what Ray and Jax were doing.

Nice use of futuristic Star City. Smoak Tech, cool. I loved Old Ollie. As for Green Arrow II...okay, I've been wanting Connor Hawke for a while now on Arrow, especially because of William, so I am upset this isn't the true Connor Hawke we know and love. Connor in name only. At least the character was interesting, but Slade's legacy is probably more impressive. I wonder if Sara Diggle ever became Harbinger II or a Canary or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Though you have to wonder, with how crazy things got in Star City and with Oliver losing friends and family left and right, where was The Flash? You'd think Barry would've come in and help out his friends, especially his Superhero buddy, once he learned what was happening. Or is this future going with the idea that The Flash eventually vanishes after the "Crisis" in 2024?
    Maybe. Although this reminds me of what Thawne told Oliver...that he lives to be in his 80's. So another 20 years...in this hellhole? Different timelines, I'm thinking. Maybe Barry died in a Central City uprising in this timeline.

And is it just me, or does it seem like there's a real growing spark or bond developing between Sara and Rip? Though I'm perfectly fine with it being just platonic, and obviously Rip is still primarily concerned with saving his family which includes his wife, but it feels like these two are really connecting and working well together and have had integral roles in each other's respective character development. I also think they have some nice chemistry.
    I agree about their chemistry, that's probably why they're put together often. I feel the same about her and Snart, actually, and I feel she is probably one of the reasons he doesn't want to abandon the team (guess Mick doesn't have that kind of bond with Ray or anyone else) Not sure about romance-wise, but I kind of want Sara's next love interest to be female.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Overall, I'm liking very much how the CW's three superhero shows are not just doing occasional crossovers now but are really flowing together on an ongoing basis. (And I guess you have to also include Vixen and soon even Supergirl.) I've never seen anything quite like this cooperative before on tv.
    True. Although there's NBC's Chicago Trilogy...Chicago P.D., Chicago Fire, and Chicago Hope. How well do those flow together? I lost interest when I found out no one on Chicago Fire actually has the ability to shoot fire.

No it's not. Although on Smallville, Oliver randomly used the alias "Roy Connor", so...

I recall the most we heard about Slade's family is that he has a son named "Joey," who was supposed to be a reference to Jericho, but they might've retconned it that his only son is Grant now.

Then again, Jericho's traditionally the good Wilson kid, so I could see him not getting involved in what his brother is doing.

I doubt Rose exists since we already had Ravager in Isabella Rochev for season 2.
    Rose could be a niece or a cousin or something. Look how they translated Wally West to the show. I wonder if Arrow will address the Wilson family at some point.

Anyone else think it was interesting that Snart seemed to know about the Green Arrow, enough to say Connor "shot like him?" There was also that moment in the beginning when he recognized Stein, when they'd never met before on-screen in The Flash. It feels like The Rogues have gotten into a few non-Flash related escapades involving Firestorm and Green Arrow.

Also, it was kind of neat to think about how things kind of came full-circle for Team Arrow/the Arrow family by the end of the episode. Diggle was Oliver's first partner, before Roy came in, and was the first person to dress up as The Arrow after Oliver. Now his son has become the second Green Arrow and is Oliver's new partner.

I guess when it gets right down to it, you can never truly separate Oliver Queen and John Diggle, the definitive bromance of the Arrowverse .

Astonishing Member

I regret that the show still is the weakest of the DCU TV series. The future visit was simply ridiculous. It continues the common scenario of a bunch of hoods taking over a major city. Blah, blah, villain brought an army. Oh, give me a break. Do the writers know how big a major city is? How do they get food, power, water, etc. ?

What major city - a city of wussies? Try to take over a gun state city - say Dallas, Atlanta or San Antonio. The population drips veterans and firearms. The kind of motorcycle idiots we see would die in the streets. Also, take San Antonio - surrounded with major military bases.

Last Cold and Hot are ridiculous as villains. Short range weapons that seem to do what? The heat gun knocks someone down? They seem to avoid incinerating anyone as that would be not PC. They would be dead. Why was Firestorm just walking around punching people when he could have blasted all the Mad Max wannabees?

Last - 7 years of chasing Vandal Savage till syndication? That's quite the bore.

I watched this last one to see Ollie but the show is still ridiculous. Hawkgirl needs orthodontics anyway.

Ray is effectively Booster Gold and Blue Beetle amalagmated (BG in abiltiies, BB in personality) so doubt we'll see either individually. I thought the little romance subplot was cute, but got me seriously thinking on romantic pairings. I'm also picking up on the chemistry between Cold and Rip with Sara but I hope she remains friends with both of them. Maybe Ray and Kendra down the line after Carters corpse actually gets some time to cool.

Oh and future Conner was great, but I'm a little disappointed we didn't get the unstoppable martial artist monk. I know he's Conner in name only, by if they're going to lift his name and costume give him so of Conners defining characteristics too.

Retired

Unlike ARROW and THE FLASH, there's no central hero who is obsessed with a young woman he grew up with, who happens to be the daughter of a police detective--and who the hero will put in the friend zone by the second season. Maybe this is the vital subplot that is missing from the series

Astonishing Member

It is fun to see. I wonder how long until we get some form of Flash based episode in the way this was an Arrow based one.

Like and episode where we see a timeline where things got messed up and Zoom is ravaging this Earth etc...

Or even Rip and co. crashing into Reverse Flash in a time jump (the same way Booster Gold rear ended Barry Allen in a funny issue)

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Well, getting into spoilers for the last episode of Arrow:

spoilers:
    It's possible that Oliver's son William is now living under a different name, since Oliver specifically requested that he have no knowledge of his or the mother's whereabouts. If that's the case, then maybe Diggle Jr. had some kind of encounter with him in this timeline?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Unlike ARROW and THE FLASH, there's no central hero who is obsessed with a young woman he grew up with, who happens to be the daughter of a police detective--and who the hero will put in the friend zone by the second season. Maybe this is the vital subplot that is missing from the series
    LOL

And here I thought they were missing the mentor/father figure who turns out to be the villain! (Assuming Rip doesn't turn out to be Vandal Savage having a mid-life crisis...)