Page 178 of 277 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 4155
    Incredible Member

I can’t say I don’t blame him. They never knew what to do with him ever. On flash he always had to play second fiddle to Barry always getting knocked out. You also can’t fully utilize him on legends or every problem gets solved immediately. It was painfully obvious they had no idea what to do with Wally. He’s a character they could never really get right and I’m sure he felt that so he’s probably off to pursue projects where he as an actor can be better utilized for his talents. Wish him the best of luck.

This past season of flash I would have almost spent the first half of the season with Wally on team flash as flash while they showed Barry in the speed force with some sort of story so he got screen time as well, it would have solved the underused Wally problem and shortened the horrible bloated devoe arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    This past season of flash I would have almost spent the first half of the season with Wally on team flash as flash while they showed Barry in the speed force with some sort of story so he got screen time as well, it would have solved the underused Wally problem and shortened the horrible bloated devoe arc.
    I definitely think they could have done a lot more with Wally in season 4 then they did, whether it was when Barry was trapped in the Speed Force or when he was in prison.

Now there’s a spot on the team for ralph!����*♂️

I'm bummed that Lonsdale isn't going to be in Season 4, but, maybe his spot can be the perfect place for a character like Mr. Terrific (he has nothing but a start-up and an irrelevant boyfriend in Star City) or Gary

I was also thinking that Nyssa would be a great choice but that would cause a ton of drama. Drama which I want this show to avoid.
    Last edited by Charmed; 06-05-2018 at 09:07 PM.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

That's disappointing. It was tough having two Flashes around on Flash, and Barry mentoring Ralph as a hero had WAY more potential than him mentoring Wally, but Wally on Legends of Tomorrow had a lot of room to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm not surprised. They have never known what to do with his character on either show (I kind of think him going over to Legends was a last-minute deal to give the actor some work), and they have a hard time writing stuff for good speedsters to do. But at this point, I really wish they had just had his character move to Earth-2 to be with Jesse instead of her breaking up with him.
    I wonder if it's too late for that? Him going to Earth-2 would be a nice send off.

Astonishing Member

Grab a nice Darkh from another Earth, although with John, that's redundant.

The problem with Wally was that he was too powerful and always had to be knocked on his butt to avoid ending the problem in a flash.

It's like J'onn - get him out of the way so Kara can flop around.

It's always a problem with really powerful characters.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The problem with Wally was that he was too powerful and always had to be knocked on his butt to avoid ending the problem in a flash.
    Right, while on The Flash, Wally was never going to be given the opportunity to be on the same level (character or star) with Barry/Grant. Other than a separate Flash show (which I don't foresee), Wally's role in the Arrowverse will be limited at best.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I'm bummed that Lonsdale isn't going to be in Season 4, but, maybe his spot can be the perfect place for a character like Mr. Terrific (he has nothing but a start-up and an irrelevant boyfriend in Star City) or Gary

I was also thinking that Nyssa would be a great choice but that would cause a ton of drama. Drama which I want this show to avoid.
    I feel like Curtis would be a little redundant with Ray and Nate around, but he would definitely add more diversity to the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Right, while on The Flash, Wally was never going to be given the opportunity to be on the same level (character or star) with Barry/Grant. Other than a separate Flash show (which I don't foresee), Wally's role in the Arrowverse will be limited at best.
    The Flash can sometimes barely handle one Speedster (it's lead), so I don't think they were ever cut out for balancing two together.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Flash can sometimes barely handle one Speedster (it's lead), so I don't think they were ever cut out for balancing two together.
    If Gustin and Lonsdale had been conceptualized as the lead stars of the show at its beginnings (The Flashes? Flash World?), it might have worked. Otherwise, you're right, Frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If Gustin and Lonsdale had been conceptualized as the lead stars of the show at its beginnings (The Flashes? Flash World?), it might have worked. Otherwise, you're right, Frontier.
    I'm not even sure then if it would have worked because the writers' issues with writing Speedsters would still be a problem.

I'm not even sure then if it would have worked because the writers' issues with writing Speedsters would still be a problem.
    You may certainly be right. They need to read old Flash comics for inspiration.

I feel like Curtis would be a little redundant with Ray and Nate around, but he would definitely add more diversity to the team.
    Khalil Payne aka Painkiller from Black Lightning would make sense but I'm guessing they have a storyarc for him in season 2.

Seems that way. However if they magically figure out how to balance two speedsters (Barry and Nora) next season on the Flash, then I don't think "we can't write for two speedsters" is the problem. But we'll have to wait and see on that.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Nate is already redundant. He's there to be the team's historian but the show already had the ship's AI for that.

Yeah, Nate is basically the muscle at this point. I suggested Curtis because he could geek out about science with Ray, but, yeah, it would be redundant with both of them on the same team.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Nate is already redundant. He's there to be the team's historian but the show already had the ship's AI for that.
    At this point his only real role on the team is to be Amaya's love interest and Ray's best friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Yeah, Nate is basically the muscle at this point.
    And when you think about it even Ray and Amaya should have the muscle part covered if the writers were consistent enough with their powers.