Page 181 of 277 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Some lucky people at SDCC will be getting this, I'm so envious.

I'll be getting on off eBay most likely. That is awesome
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Retired

It seems like every year the crossover gets better and better and I was wondering how this year's could top last year's. But it looks like they're not even going to try this year--using it instead as a backdoor pilot for Batwoman--and leaving LEGENDS OF TOMORROW completely out of it! Any hope that Black Lightning might show up is also dashed.

The only motivation I have for watching SUPERGIRL and ARROW is understanding how they fit in with FLASH and LEGENDS. What a wasted opportunity--it would have been so great to see the new Legends, like Constantine and Nora, interacting with characters from the other shows.

BANNED

It seems like every year the crossover gets better and better and I was wondering how this year's could top last year's. But it looks like they're not even going to try this year--using it instead as a backdoor pilot for Batwoman--and leaving LEGENDS OF TOMORROW completely out of it! Any hope that Black Lightning might show up is also dashed.

The only motivation I have for watching SUPERGIRL and ARROW is understanding how they fit in with FLASH and LEGENDS. What a wasted opportunity--it would have been so great to see the new Legends, like Constantine and Nora, interacting with characters from the other shows.
    To be clear, all we know is that Legends of Tomorrow (the TV show) won't be a part of the crossover. There has been ZERO confirmation or announcement that the Legends characters will not appear or be involved.

That being said, there's definitely a reason for it and not all crossovers have to be huge bombastic events featuring all the characters.

Retired

The thing is, the crossover episode tends to be one of the highest rated episodes for the LOT season--and it gets people to watch the show and give it a try. I always feel like LEGENDS is on the knife's edge every year and it's never guaranteed that it will get renewed for another season--so anything that helps to promote the show and boost its ratings is a good thing.

I felt the same way when the SUPERGIRL show was left out of the crossovers, even though Supergirl herself was included (which happened twice, with the Invasion crossover and then with the musical crossover). Guest appearances on other shows helps, but it doesn't mean as much as getting people to tune in the actual show itself.

And contained to three shows, if that (if they don't screw SUPERGIRL again and if FLASH isn't a celebration of its 100th episode), I just don't think this year's crossover is going to be the big event that last year's was. It's not must see TV.

I mean, they had difficulty finding a role for all the Legends on the show up until the very end, and I think this crossover might be scaled down from Earth-X depending on how they handle Batwoman, so I can see the team not being vital to the crossover this time around.

Retired

With SUPRGIRL on Sunday, ARROW on Monday and FLASH on Tuesday--unless they move the shows around for the crossover (which is likely)--each chapter will be on a different night. But I think it helps if they double up, because then they get that lead-in. People are gong to stay to watch both parts, if it's on the same night.

As LEGENDS is only supposed to have 16 episodes this season, I guess the up side is they don't sacrifice one episode for the crossover. However, the last two crossovers have been pretty good and contributed a lot to the LOT mythos (RIP Professor).

The least impressive crossover, for me, was "Legends of Yesterday/Legends of Today." But I say that knowing this was kind of a backdoor pilot for the whole series to follow. And it looks like they are doing the same thing for Batwoman. It told a closed ended story--presumably--where Vandal Savage was defeated. It then made no sense for Vandal Savage to be revived and return as the big bad for the first season of LOT. It's like they were saying here's a brief version of what our whole show is going to be about, now watch the show to see all of that dragged out over 16 episodes.

The least impressive crossover, for me, was "Legends of Yesterday/Legends of Today." But I say that knowing this was kind of a backdoor pilot for the whole series to follow. And it looks like they are doing the same thing for Batwoman. It told a closed ended story--presumably--where Vandal Savage was defeated. It then made no sense for Vandal Savage to be revived and return as the big bad for the first season of LOT. It's like they were saying here's a brief version of what our whole show is going to be about, now watch the show to see all of that dragged out over 16 episodes.
    I don't think they ever bothered to explain what Merlyn's deal with Savage's ashes were.

BANNED

The thing is, the crossover episode tends to be one of the highest rated episodes for the LOT season--and it gets people to watch the show and give it a try. I always feel like LEGENDS is on the knife's edge every year and it's never guaranteed that it will get renewed for another season--so anything that helps to promote the show and boost its ratings is a good thing.
    Nah that's all in your head dude. the past 2 years Legends has had higher ratings than Arrow and is genuinely considered by most viewers to be the best Arrowverse show in terms of quality.

I'm a big fan too but it's time to stop acting like it's the underdog series or in any risk of cancellation

Coverage of the SDCC panel:

We are now watching a sizzle reel

Sara says now we are finally heroes!

Paul Revere makes an appearance and a unicorn

The trailer is over

Gary and Constantine has some scenes in the trailer

They are introducing the panelists

Only three original cast members remain

There will be a character that works at the Time Bureau. Right now she just gives food to Gary and the crew, but she will be part of the magical world.

Nate's father will be part of this season

Tom Wilson will play Nate's Father

Nora now has to figure out who she is without her father and Mallus

Beebo is on stage!!

Who is the Beebo suit?

IT'S GARY!!!!!

Maisie will be playing Charlie who is a British trickster

Ava and Sara are trying to domesticate. We are seeing softer sides of both of them

The team will be in the 60's, in Woodstock. We are going to see the Beatles!

Sara dealing with her father's death takes place before the premiere. Legends is a bit lighter, and it's only touched upon in this season

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they ever bothered to explain what Merlyn's deal with Savage's ashes were.
    Nope!!!!!!

When was the last time this show introduced anyone major from the comics? Zari (by technicality)?

It feels like after how they used the JSA (or, rather, really barely used them at all) that they'd rather just do their own stuff then actually utilize the DCU canon.

I saw the trailer- Brandon sure looks a lot like Clark Kent. Not sure about maisie’s New character. In fact, if she’s playing a magical character, i’m Wondering why we need the Asian character, too.
    Last edited by protege; 07-21-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Retired

When was the last time this show introduced anyone major from the comics? Zari (by technicality)?

It feels like after how they used the JSA (or, rather, really barely used them at all) that they'd rather just do their own stuff then actually utilize the DCU canon.
    Probably the better way to go as it gives them more control over the characters and how they use them. I think they said the new character from Maisie Richardson-Sellers will be called Charlie--and she's from myth--I wonder if that's a totally new character. I would think they could use characters from the BOOKS OF MAGIC and FABLES.

Probably the better way to go as it gives them more control over the characters and how they use them. I think they said the new character from Maisie Richardson-Sellers will be called Charlie--and she's from myth--I wonder if that's a totally new character. I would think they could use characters from the BOOKS OF MAGIC and FABLES.
    Why not just have Maisie play Mari McCabe? Amaya's basically made Mari's Vixen redundant anyways .

Why not just have Maisie play Mari McCabe? Amaya's basically made Mari's Vixen redundant anyways .
    For the same reason they had her play Amaya in the first place- they wanted to hold Mari open for the original actress when she becomes available.