Page 185 of 277 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well that was fun, as always. Though I'm sad to see Nate leave the Waverider, he and Ray are the best together
    Is he actually leaving? I wouldn’t be sad if he left.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I enjoyed the old more serious tone more now I love a good silly show or film. But for me for that to work it either has to be a farce, straight as in straight men characters reacting to silly events, or schlock and Legends doesn't fit any of that to me.
    It also doesn't fit into the rest of the Arrowverse well anymore, either. I just can't picture Ollie and Beebo in the same scene.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

So who played the fairy godmother? Her voice sounds familiar, but i can’t place her?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So who played the fairy godmother? Her voice sounds familiar, but i can’t place her?
    Jane Carr from Dear John and The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Jane Carr from the fairly odd parents she played cosma's mom.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It also doesn't fit into the rest of the Arrowverse well anymore, either. I just can't picture Ollie and Beebo in the same scene.
    I haven't watched ARROW yet this season, but isn't it really the outlier? In the past, when ARROW tried to be funny it fit with the other shows and suffererd for it, but it attempted to regain its more grounded feeling in season 5 and 6 (and I guess 7). So the contrast between ARROW and LEGENDS is more apparent. This is why I think that ARROW is a better lead-in for BLACK LIGHTNING. I found it hard to adjust when BL came right after THE FLASH. But I will say that I think LEGENDS can tackle much deeper subjects than FLASH--it's not all Bwa-ha-ha with the team and they do speak to the serious concerns of their audience. "The Virgin Gary" was one of the most progressive episodes of any CW show.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't mind the tone of the show but I rather if Constantine wasn't around. I don't think he's a good fit for this show.
    Agreed completely wrong. There are plenty of magic characters in the DCU and they would probably fit in way better.

And people prefer the "old tone"? You mean, season 1? Because that was hot garbage and the show only became any good at all once it decided to really go nuts with its premise. I actually kind of thought that the vast majority of people really didn't like season 1.

Besides, it's not just silly - it has a surprising amount of heart too.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Not to mention it doesn't really feel like a DC show at this point.

I don't think they've used anything from the comics since B'Wana Beast's cameo in early season 3. I guess Zari technically counts since she's ostensibly Isis from the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I don't think they've used anything from the comics since B'Wana Beast's cameo in early season 3. I guess Zari technically counts since she's ostensibly Isis from the comics.
    Actually, that is a fair point. That's definitely an aspect of the show I wish they would go back to. They could really have fun with the more obscure and wacky DC characters especially.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I would tend to agree; we only have 4-5 dc characters on at this point; the new asian girl and whomever maisie is playing will be totally new characters. Not to mention the time bureau crew. This is the least connected of the dc shows.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I didn't notice the lack of DC until you brought it up. You are absolutely right. With this magic focus season it would be nice to get the Shadowpact.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I didn't notice the lack of DC until you brought it up. You are absolutely right. With this magic focus season it would be nice to get the Shadowpact.
    And if any show could do Detective Chimp justice, it's this one.

Also, bring on Zatanna (who should have been in the group rather than Constantine)!

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Funny Random Fact: One time I was doing some creative writing, I trying to type the word 'fairy godmother,' and by mistake, I typed 'fairy gothmother.' I think the Legends would rather meet a fairy gothmother (especially Heatwave and Constantine )

Retired

Current DC related characters on LEGENDS

1. Zari Tomaz equivalent of Adrianna Tomaz (Isis)
    2. Sara Lance equivalent of White Canary (and related to Black Canary)
    3. Ray Palmer (the Atom)
    4. Nate Heywood (Citizen Steel)
    5. Mick Rory (Heatwave)
    6. John Constantine
    7. Henry "Hank" Heywood equivalent of Henry "Hank" Heywood III (Commander Steel)

Also, I'm not too familiar with FABLES and the other titles in that realm, but isn't it possible that some of the current theme draws inspiration from that?

Jane Carr from Dear John and The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.
    Yeah, I mainly know her from DEAR JOHN, with her distinctive voice--even though she's gone on to do a ton of other things. She made a good Fairy Godmother. I realize they have to be wary of the Disney lawyers--but you'd think they could have made actual reference to Cinderella as CINDERELLA was a spin-off from FABLES. Fairy tales are in the public domain.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    And if any show could do Detective Chimp justice, it's this one.

Also, bring on Zatanna (who should have been in the group rather than Constantine)!
    Zatanna is a favorite but I think she's too high profile to be a long term member of Legends (especially if WB is still trying to go through with the Justice League Dark movie). Plus with Sara, Zari and whoever Maisie will be when she returns the team could use another male to even out the team. I'd pick Zatara, Sargon the Sorcerer or Doctor Occult to be on the team when Constantine exits the group.