Page 189 of 277 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 4155
    Retired

I got a definite Doctor Who vibe when John was giving up some of his regeneration energy to save the kid.

It was another reliable episode of LOT, but I'm frustrated that we're on episode 4 and the November sweeps have begun yet they're still doing low level effects and no costumes. I believe they need to step it up if they want to get those valuable ratings and new viewers.

Hopefully the next few episodes will push the series into high gear, what with Nora returning and Charlie becoming a team player. Just let's have a scene where everyone is suited up and in full super-hero mode. Or at least bring in some big guns from the DC supernatural realm for one epic magic show.

The Swamp Thaaaang joke was fine, but it was sad knowing we weren't going to get the real deal. I wonder what the streaming servivce version of the muck monster will do when it comes to John Constantine. He's such an integral part of the classic Alan Moore run that any adaptation really should feature some scenes between John and Swampy. Yet it's tough imagining any other actor in the role.

Kid Sara and Ava were really cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Kid Sara and Ava were really cute!
    And Ava made MY childhood look un-awkward. And that's saying something.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I got a definite Doctor Who vibe when John was giving up some of his regeneration energy to save the kid.

It was another reliable episode of LOT, but I'm frustrated that we're on episode 4 and the November sweeps have begun yet they're still doing low level effects and no costumes. I believe they need to step it up if they want to get those valuable ratings and new viewers.

Hopefully the next few episodes will push the series into high gear, what with Nora returning and Charlie becoming a team player. Just let's have a scene where everyone is suited up and in full super-hero mode. Or at least bring in some big guns from the DC supernatural realm for one epic magic show.

The Swamp Thaaaang joke was fine, but it was sad knowing we weren't going to get the real deal. I wonder what the streaming servivce version of the muck monster will do when it comes to John Constantine. He's such an integral part of the classic Alan Moore run that any adaptation really should feature some scenes between John and Swampy. Yet it's tough imagining any other actor in the role.

Eh, I can imagine another actor in the role. Matt Ryan ain't exactly Christopher Reeve - or Melissa Benoist for that matter. His Constantine has always struck me as far too mannered and, well, way too Welsh to come within a million miles of being the definitive Constantine.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Eh, I can imagine another actor in the role. Matt Ryan ain't exactly Christopher Reeve - or Melissa Benoist for that matter. His Constantine has always struck me as far too mannered and, well, way too Welsh to come within a million miles of being the definitive Constantine.
    TV censorship.

Retired

It's going to be another bummer winter when LEGENDS goes on hiatus, because it won't be back until April.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    TV censorship.
    And the kind of series he's in.

Constantine's handling in the CWSeed series and the Justice League Dark animated movies are fairly different from his portrayal here, even if they're all played by Matt Ryan.

This show continues to be too much fun. All I can say is Nate is in trouble when he sees the new, now ultra-hot Amaya II.
    Next week is a Japanese monster movie, that is definately not Godzilla, probably due to copyrights.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Did that Amazon Mick conjured up have three breasts!!??!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Did that Amazon Mick conjured up have three breasts!!??!!!!
    Yep, even said he thought about adding a fourth.

Retired

It's amazing how this episode managed to juggle so many different stories, while still developing all the different threads.

The Japanese director is named in the credits as Ishirō Honda, the great monster director of Tokyo cinema. He had traumatic experiences during the war which caused him nightmares for the rest of his life. And he was in Hiroshima after the bomb had dropped, but this episode uses a bit of creative license there. In any case that scene was very moving and the kind of dramatic turn that LEGENDS can make with ease, despite often being seen as just a comedy adventure show. In fact, Ishirō Honda had a mortar shell that he kept on his desk--a bomb that had landed near him but didn't explode during his final tour of duty in the war.

The ending sequence of the episode was really quite heartwarming.

Also, I love that Mona is part of the Bureau now!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    The ending sequence of the episode was really quite heartwarming.

Also, I love that Mona is part of the Bureau now!
    She oddly fits in incredibly well. Taking the existence of mythical creatures like another person would seeing a pet dog. And yet, I like it.

And Mick is finally outed as a master writer, with a 3 breasted warrior fighting a kaiju precursor.

Lizards are King. King of the Gazu! You just don't get better than that. All the threads of tonight"s episode were flawless.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Was the guy in Nora's vision Manny, the angel from Constantine's tv series?