Page 192 of 277 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 4155
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Singing was part of Tom Wilson's comedy routine.
    Good to know.

Great episode and nice to see a singing part for Tom Wilson in there. I was really bummed when Gerber left, but Wilson is kind of making up for it.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I have to admit, throwing the Minotaur into the Paris catacombs was inspired; all the famous authors and artists was fun, too. But i’m Getting tired of the bureaucratic side of things,. I don’t like nate’s Father anymore than I like Nate, and I hope that there’s more to the Asian girl than i’ve Seen so far, because i’m Not impressed. Points to Ava for being a house hunters fan, though.
    Last edited by protege; 11-27-2018 at 04:22 PM.

This entire episode was so sweet I almost got diabetes. And I loved every second of it ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I hate that Constantine is on this show. Someone please ship him off to the Swamp Thing show on the DC streaming service.
    How 'bout no.
    Leave my boy John where he is.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I hate that Constantine is on this show. Someone please ship him off to the Swamp Thing show on the DC streaming service.
    I sort of agree but something weird happened to me while watching this episode. I always found Matt Ryan to be a far too mannered Constantine and I think Constantine is totally the wrong character for the show but I realized something during this episode: precisely because Ryan doesn't actually feel like Constantine to me so much as a pantomime version of the character, he actually fits in quite well with this goofy show. A proper Constantine would be terrible in the wonderfully silly Legends but Matt Ryan's more boisterous, effortfully cool Constantine actually kinda works here.

By the way, do the events of this episode mean that Nate is done as a regular on the Legends and on the show itself?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Probably as a regular. Maybe on the show itself but who knows yet. Nate doesn't really have a reason to stick around besides his friendships with the team.

Retired

If Nora was the daughter of a super-villain manipulated by an evil cult since she was a child and Ava was a clone from the future given false memories with actors posing as her parents--what's the scoop on Gary and how he got this way?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If Nora was the daughter of a super-villain manipulated by an evil cult since she was a child and Ava was a clone from the future given false memories with actors posing as her parents--what's the scoop on Gary and how he got this way?
    The bigger question is why he was even given employment, since he seems only a notch or two more competent than Otis from Superman: The Movie.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

I get the feeling that Rip was performing some sort of social experiment when he created the Time Bureau--and he did use up several Ava clones before he got it right.

The expenditures for food and clothing don't make sense if Gideon provides everything--my private theory is the Legends go crazy with their money when they're on missions and they buy expensive clothes at the best shops and sample the local food. And who would want to eat Gideon pizza when you can order in from the best pizzeria in Rome.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

While watching the episode, I kept asking myself: "There was something about Ernest Hemingway that I liked, but what was it?"

Then I remembered: Ernest Hemingway started a colony for mutants!

. . . . okay, mutants cats .

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    We definitely have too.
    If you could choose the actress who would portray Johanna Constantine, who will you pick? You don't have to answer if you don't feel like it.

I had the sense that Lady Joanna and John were one and the same, kind of like Khufu Carter Hall. In SANDMAN, whereas Hob Gadling never died, John's version of immortality was to always come back--but not always as the same sex--and maybe a bit like Orlando (from Virginia Woolf).
    Hmmm . . . I get what you're saying.

Retired

I feel like Hemingway gets a raw deal. I only remember two time travel shows that included him--TIMELESS and this show--but it feels like there have been others. While Ernest may have had issues about masculinity--I'm not sure it's something to laugh about as he did commit suicide.

I get that LOT turns some historical figures into cartoons for the sake of comedy and I can go along with that. But I think that a writer like Hemingway deserves some respect and those other artists in Paris wouldn't have tolerated him if they didn't respect his talent as a fellow artist. Surely Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas had time for Hemingway.

Mighty Member

Constantine is almost as bad as Barry Allen involving messing with time.

I normally like supernatural stuff. But dolls? Yeah, ef those.

Retired

I guess for the Legends, what we call Elseworlds, they call Mondays.

It would be nice if all the promotion for the crossover could have somehow indicated a link to what's going on on with the DCLOT. Might drive up the ratings. However, I've read that the CW look at other indicators besides ratings, such as trending and live-tweeting. I have no social media game, so I don't think I can help out there. But it would be nice if this thread got more comment. Some weeks, I can hear crickets.

Which Neron stories should one read vis a vis Constantine? Anyone got some suggestions?

This episode had some great moments, but I would say that it's personally the least satisfying for this season--because it left us hanging. I don't know how our gang of misfits are going to get out of this one before the great hiatus puts them in limbo. But the production crew may have just found a way around the budget--hire a herd of cats to play the Legends for the rest of the season.

I got a "St. James Infirmary Blues" vibe from the B Team's plot.

This episode had some great moments, but I would say that it's personally the least satisfying for this season--because it left us hanging. I don't know how our gang of misfits are going to get out of this one before the great hiatus puts them in limbo. But the production crew may have just found a way around the budget--hire a herd of cats to play the Legends for the rest of the season.
    Or use Muppets.