Page 199 of 277 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    And seriously Ava, you of all people should know what its like to be dehumanized! Screw you!
    Yeah, the episode was good, but Ava was so out of character.

"You should've let corrupt executives take over the time bureau, imprisoned the innocent Mona, let Mexico's history go to **** and let the innocent magical being be killed because you wuv me!"

Eff off!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    Yeah, the episode was good, but Ava was so out of character.!
    Is there anybody on the show who is in character anymore?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Is there anybody on the show who is in character anymore?
    The show is so busy trying to be funny and clever it has forgotten what it supposed to be about. It's like they are now doing a parody, a Saturday Night Live, version of Legends of Tomorrow.

Mighty Member

That truth bug was more powerful than Wonder Woman's magic lasso.

I want to like Mona but she's coming across as annoying. Her throwing a temper tantrum was a little silly, even if her boyfriend/not boyfriend was killed.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The show is so busy trying to be funny and clever it has forgotten what it supposed to be about. It's like they are now doing a parody, a Saturday Night Live, version of Legends of Tomorrow.
    I don't agree, actually. The show works best when it's cartoony, which is why Constantine doesn't work in this context at all and the weirdly serious tone of the Mona stuff - and, more appropriately but stupidly, the Ava/ Sara stuff - is so wildly out of place. Aside for the fact that I would much rather they have introduced another minor DC character rather than Mona, the biggest problem is that the stuff involving her so far has largely felt like a completely different show. They have a long way to go to prove that she belongs at all with the Legends or on the show at all.

It's really a pity because before this season the new additions (especially Zari and Ava) have been great.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I don't agree, actually. The show works best when it's cartoony, which is why Constantine doesn't work in this context at all and the weirdly serious tone of the Mona stuff - and, more appropriately but stupidly, the Ava/ Sara stuff - is so wildly out of place. Aside for the fact that I would much rather they have introduced another minor DC character rather than Mona, the biggest problem is that the stuff involving her so far has largely felt like a completely different show. They have a long way to go to prove that she belongs at all with the Legends or on the show at all.

It's really a pity because before this season the new additions (especially Zari and Ava) have been great.
    The funny thing about Constantine is that he at least demonstrates abilities beyond the average person on the show. The other Legends rarely bother now, which is a head scratcher. .
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

In my own head canon I'm starting to believe after Crisis on Earth-X we quit watching the Legends of Earth-1 and are watching the Legends of the Powerless Earth.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

And that’s one of the biggest reasons the show has problems, for me at least. It seriously feels like the writers go out of their way to make the empowered people NOT use their powers.

Like more so than most shows.

I get that budgets are finite and stuff, but you went into this with a bunch of superheroes. You can’t not have them use their powers.

How many times has Nate not Steeled up when doing so would have ended the episode? Or Ray not used the suit to the same effect? Wally not use his speed? Amaya not use any. Other. Animal. Than a gorilla/elephant? Firestorm splitting up early on for no real reason?

If you want a show full of heroes without powers, that’s fine too (I like Sara and Mick), but come on.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Shame about Nathaniel's dad, I liked him.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It feels like the show has derailed. Show focused more on the time bureau rather than the big bad. I don't enjoy watching an ineffective cartoon villain being the focus the last two episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Shame about Nathaniel's dad, I liked him.
    I think they will get his soul back and we will see him again.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    And that’s one of the biggest reasons the show has problems, for me at least. It seriously feels like the writers go out of their way to make the empowered people NOT use their powers.

I get that budgets are finite and stuff, but you went into this with a bunch of superheroes. You can’t not have them use their powers.

How many times has Nate not Steeled up when doing so would have ended the episode? Or Ray not used the suit to the same effect? Wally not use his speed? Amaya not use any. Other. Animal. Than a gorilla/elephant? Firestorm splitting up early on for no real reason?

If you want a show full of heroes without powers, that’s fine too (I like Sara and Mick), but come on.
    They went even further with maisie’s character; they finished vixen’s story, recast maisie as a shape shifter, and then took aeay her powers. I don’t know if it’s budgetary or what, but this show is so boring now, i gave up on it.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Gary would have gotten more information if had the Question or Rorschach help him instead of Nora.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

This is why the Legends need a Time Cat. A Time Cat would have solved the the truth bug problem quickly: kill the bug, then eat the bug.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I thought this was a much better episode with only the unbearable Mona stuff dragging it down. Most of it was very silly but fun but with some solidly affecting moments from Sara and Nate/ Hank.

That said, it is indeed weird that the show has largely moved away from having the characters use their powers. I'm guessing it must be for budgetary reasons but it is a fair complaint. Still, I see this primarily as a time travel comedy and on that level it works more often than not - though with the hit rate being significantly down this season over the past two. Here's hoping they drop both Constantine and Mona before season 5. The formerbecause Constantine only really works as fundamentally very damaged and very dark character, which is completely at odds with the tone of the show; the latter because she is just utterly unbearable. I don't even really see why they need more members. A Legends consisting of Sara, Mick, Nate, Ava, Charlie, Zari and, of course, Ray with guest appearances by Gary is already a pretty crowded cast.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.