Page 200 of 207 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3101
  1. #2986
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    I thought this was a much better episode with only the unbearable Mona stuff dragging it down. Most of it was very silly but fun but with some solidly affecting moments from Sara and Nate/ Hank.

    That said, it is indeed weird that the show has largely moved away from having the characters use their powers. I'm guessing it must be for budgetary reasons but it is a fair complaint. Still, I see this primarily as a time travel comedy and on that level it works more often than not - though with the hit rate being significantly down this season over the past two. Here's hoping they drop both Constantine and Mona before season 5. The formerbecause Constantine only really works as fundamentally very damaged and very dark character, which is completely at odds with the tone of the show; the latter because she is just utterly unbearable. I don't even really see why they need more members. A Legends consisting of Sara, Mick, Nate, Ava, Charlie, Zari and, of course, Ray with guest appearances by Gary is already a pretty crowded cast.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

  2. #2987
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I thought this was a much better episode with only the unbearable Mona stuff dragging it down. Most of it was very silly but fun but with some solidly affecting moments from Sara and Nate/ Hank.
    Mona has actually been my favorite part of the show in the past few weeks only because she has been the least campy of the group.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  3. #2988
    Mighty Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    We forgot Charlie! That was hilarious, so over the top.

    I liked Nate and Hank's bonding, but I'm not on board the Nate/Zari ship. He was just with Amaya! I prefer Zari with Jonah Hex.

    I want to like Mona, but I can't. I get it, if you're a screw up, you can be a Legend, but Mona is REALLY bad at her job. Poking an airhole so big that the bug can just fly out of it is pretty stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Here's hoping they drop both Constantine and Mona before season 5. The formerbecause Constantine only really works as fundamentally very damaged and very dark character, which is completely at odds with the tone of the show; the latter because she is just utterly unbearable. I don't even really see why they need more members. A Legends consisting of Sara, Mick, Nate, Ava, Charlie, Zari and, of course, Ray with guest appearances by Gary is already a pretty crowded cast.
    My guess is that Constantine will be gone after this season, and Nora will replace him as the Legends' magic expert.

  4. #2989
    Extraordinary Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,521

    Default

    The Bollywood song was a bit too much. And I generally like the silliness. But this felt arbitrary and padding.a short script.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  5. #2990
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Nice songs in that musical.

  6. #2991
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    I forgot that Legends and Arrow switched time slots tonight. And I was reminded why I'm not watching Legends anymore. They had a good, creepy ghost story going with Hank... and then literally everything else happened.

    Christ, I can't believe I'm missing Vandal F'ing Savage right now.

  7. #2992
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Gary would have gotten more information if had the Question or Rorschach help him instead of Nora.



    This is why the Legends need a Time Cat. A Time Cat would have solved the the truth bug problem quickly: kill the bug, then eat the bug.
    Knowing Legends, they'd use Tawny the Talking Tiger.

  8. #2993
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Knowing Legends, they'd use Tawny the Talking Tiger.
    Maybe if this was, like, season 1 or 2 Legends, but now I think Tawny's too much of a comics character for them to use on this show .

  9. #2994
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,133

    Default

    Whenever there's scenes between Ray and Nora or whatever her name is like in tonight's episode I can't help but think of the actors reactions to getting the script and sarcastically thinking that the scenes will be just so hard to film, to have to "act" like they're attracted to each other and such...

  10. #2995
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,775

    Default

    Still don't like Zari x Nate, but aside from that, incredibly fun episode, as always.
    Tala Ashe is a really beautiful woman, I have to say : )

  11. #2996
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,200

    Default

    Killing the wolf man was a mistake. It should have been Mona. The show have gotten worse since she became a legend.

    Hank capturing and torturing creatures to create a amusement park? That's suppose to be a good thing?

  12. #2997
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Killing the wolf man was a mistake. It should have been Mona. The show have gotten worse since she became a legend.

    Hank capturing and torturing creatures to create a amusement park? That's suppose to be a good thing?
    The show has gotten terrible but for some reason I again found myself smiling through the whole episode.

    I don't think Hank was torturing them. I think that is what turned Nate around, when he realized Hank wasn't harming the creatures.

  13. #2998
    Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    758

    Default

    I have to admit I found Zari's dream funny and the running gag of "Do you hear music?"

    It would have been funny if because of Mona's encounter with Jane Austin, the timeline was altered that Jane wrote horror novels and they had to fix that, and if Heat Wave and/or Constantine were at the musical and says "Stop the music!" and the music abruptly stops.

    I wonder what they are going to do with Sanjay.

    I think it would be cool if the Legends had to resurrect the real Kamadeva to fix the timeline (and the real Kamadeva is portrayed by Sendhil Ramamurthy ), and Kama is actually really kind and wise, but he banishes Sanjay to Themyscira because Sanjay abused his powers. However, that's my small weird opinion.

    I'll be disappointed if they keep showing Neron as Des, because I like how Neron was shown in the comics.
    Last edited by Elegant Dreamer; 04-17-2019 at 11:35 AM.

  14. #2999
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    I swear I hate Mona more and more with each episode. Such an irritating character that does nothing but detract from the show. Otherwise? A really, really fun episode that had me laughing pretty much all the way through. Plus, gotta love an episode that focuses so heavily on Zari, who is easily one of the best characters on the show (and Tala Ashe is fantastic) but so often feels a bit neglected.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

  15. #3000
    Mighty Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    That...funeral/wake thing must'v gone on for a long time if Mick and John hung around for so long that the other Legends had time to go on an adventure and then go to bed. I enjoyed the episode, but I didn't think the two plots connected well. Also I was hoping for a good internal conflict with Ray and Nora possibly having killed his friend's father, but Ray just immediately believes her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Still don't like Zari x Nate, but aside from that, incredibly fun episode, as always.
    Tala Ashe is a really beautiful woman, I have to say : )
    I still prefer Zari with Jonah Hex, but at least she mentioned him in song. And yeah, she is a real knockout!

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    It would have been funny if because of Mona's encounter with Jane Austin, the timeline was altered that Jane wrote horror novels and they had to fix that, and if Heat Wave and/or Constantine were at the musical and says "Stop the music!" and the music abruptly stops.
    I wanted Mick to meet Jane Austen so that they could compare notes on writing romance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I think it would be cool if the Legends had to resurrect the real Kamadeva to fix the timeline (and the real Kamadeva is portrayed by Sendhil Ramamurthy ), and Kama is actually really kind and wise, but he banishes Sanjay to Themyscira because Sanjay abused his powers. However, that's my small weird opinion.
    Why Themyscira? So he and Helen of Troy could cancel each other out?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •