Page 205 of 277 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    He was on 3/4 Shows to tease Crisis, Flash didnt need him to do that because they’ve been teasing Crisis since the Pilot and instead changed the Date on the Future Newspaper that said “Flash Missing: Vanishes in Crisis” from 2024 to 2019
    All we could see was the date change - for all we know, the image and headline could be very different as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Time travel works as studios have vast stokes of period costumes. Way back in the original Star Trek, they met Nazis, cowboys and gangsters on various planets, plus time travel. One reason, I read, was that period existing sets were cheaper than new sci-fi sets.
    On Dr. Who during the Sylvester McCoy run in the 80's they would cut Sci-Fi stories even when they wanted to do them just because the BBC Drama Department had no Sci-Fi costumes but tons of period piece costumes also there are historical sites everywhere in England. But doing Sci-Fi meant making new costumes and sets which on their budget would never look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    On Dr. Who during the Sylvester McCoy run in the 80's they would cut Sci-Fi stories even when they wanted to do them just because the BBC Drama Department had no Sci-Fi costumes but tons of period piece costumes also there are historical sites everywhere in England. But doing Sci-Fi meant making new costumes and sets which on their budget would never look good.
    And of course the John Pertwee Doctor was "stuck" on earth, so he hardly ever left the planet let alone the present day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Yes he appeared on the season finales of Arrow, Supergirl and Legends but i don't remember him being on the Flash finale.
    Flash's thing was the whole newspaper being altered with the rest of the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    All we could see was the date change - for all we know, the image and headline could be very different as well...
    Clearly only the date at the top of the page and the one in the byline were changing as the shot progressed. Everything else stayed the same. If they wanted to create some kind of ambiguity they could have done that by showing the whole page in flux while it zoomed into the 2019 date.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Damnit, Zari is probably my favourite character on the show.

At least Tala Ashe herself is sticking around, apparently.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Damnit, Zari is probably my favourite character on the show.

At least Tala Ashe herself is sticking around, apparently.
    Charlie Part 2? Oh eff every bit of that

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I honestly don’t know what they’re doing anymore; at this rate, they’ll recast everyone on the show as non dc characters.

Well, not quite. I'd imagine we're still going to get Zari but without her time with the Legends, she will end up a very different character. It's not quite as bad but it still messes with all the great character work they did with her where she went from coming across like a bit of a non-entity to being easily one of the most compelling and flat out likable of the Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I honestly don’t know what they’re doing anymore; at this rate, they’ll recast everyone on the show as non dc characters.
    I don't really care at this point about the DCness of it all. It would be nice to have it more steeped in DC mythology, sure, but seasons 2 and 3 got by pretty well without that. No, the bigger problem is the extraneous characters (Gary should be relegated to a small recurring part, Constantine is a bad fit for the show especially now that the supernatural threat is dealt with and Mona can be chucked out of the nearest airlock) and that the writers badly misread their own show by trying to fit a dark Constantine story into the goofiness of Legends. The cliffhanger was cool in theory but there is no way that this show can deal with a resurrected Hitler, Stalin, even Saddam Husein, if they were included among some of the souls sent back to Earth. Last season I would have said that the writers are way too smart to make such an obvious blunder but this season was such a mess that I can't take anything for granted at this point.

Now, this isn't to say that the season was a total write off or that I didn't enjoy parts of this finale (I still love the core Legends, along with Ava - Nora's OK too but I prefer her as a recurring character - and I loved the bits with Ray and, of all people, Vandal Savage) but it was a massive step down from the past two seasons.

Much to my surprise, of the three CW DC shows I watch, Supergirl was easily the best of them this season, with Legends coming a distant second and with the Flash trailing faaaaar behind both of them.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I don't really care at this point about the DCness of it all. It would be nice to have it more steeped in DC mythology, sure, but seasons 2 and 3 got by pretty well without that.
    I mean, it still kind of bothers me, if only because I don't see the point of continuing to call it a DC show or use certain DC characters if you're not really going to acknowledge or do much with the actual DC mythos.

Granted, this show also never had the best track record with the DC stuff they've actually drawn from (JSA, Per Degaton, making Vixen more complicated then she needed to be, the Hawks, etc.), so maybe I'm just barking up the wrong tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it still kind of bothers me, if only because I don't see the point of continuing to call it a DC show or use certain DC characters if you're not really going to acknowledge or do much with the actual DC mythos.

Granted, this show also never had the best track record with the DC stuff they've actually drawn from (JSA, Per Degaton, making Vixen more complicated then she needed to be, the Hawks, etc.), so maybe I'm just barking up the wrong tree.
    Yeah, it just really isn't a strength or even a feature of the show so I just let it go a while back. Honestly, while Supergirl has done a fine job with the Superman mythos (aside for the woefully miscast Jimmy Olsen), the other shows have often deviated a lot from the comics and often in ways that are often fairly baffling. Just look at the Flash's treatment of classic villains Abra Kadabra, Mirror Master and Captain Boomerang! If these shows were really going to steep themselves in an authentic portrayal of comic book lore then, sure, I would be annoyed by Legends' disconnect from DC Comics, but since they aren't I would rather the show just concentrates on doing what it does best: largely comedic and unapologetically bonkers time-travel shenanigans with cool characters and loads of heart.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Yep. Charlie was a serious downgrade from Vixen, so I assume this will be the same case regarding Zari.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Much to my surprise, of the three CW DC shows I watch, Supergirl was easily the best of them this season, with Legends coming a distant second and with the Flash trailing faaaaar behind both of them.
    Heh. For me, it's Black Lightning, The Flash, Supergirl, and then Arrow tied with this show.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Heh. For me, it's Black Lightning, The Flash, Supergirl, and then Arrow tied with this show.
    It's amazing how tastes differ. For me, it's Arrow and Black Lightening running neck and neck, LOT and the Flash at the rear.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    It's amazing how tastes differ. For me, it's Arrow and Black Lightening running neck and neck, LOT and the Flash at the rear.
    For the last few years, it's been Legends ahead of all the other shows. I didn't even really bother to rank the others, but this season really strained my love of it. It's batshit crazy and over the top, which I love, but just from a story standpoint, it hasn't been as good and while I looooooooove the chemistry of the cast and this band of misfits we have come to know and love, especially (for me) Sara, the one true Arrowverse Canary, my love of Caity is fast becoming not enough for the show.