Page 21 of 277 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    With the exception of Jax (who still doesn't really have a personality) and Stein (whose personality is all over the place and rarely seems to align with the guy we saw on all those episodes of Flash) I tend to agree, although it did take a while for them to get there. I still find Ray to be the most interesting of the bunch.
    yeah still not a fan of Jax. the "tough guy" American accent that the actor uses can be cringe worthy at times.

Jax is the closest thing this team has to an "everyman" given his more down-to-earth background and the fact that he's pretty much a completely normal guy unless he's fused with Stein.

I mean, Kendra brings up how she "used to be a barista" pretty much every episode, but she still has natural hawk wings, a reincarnated soul that can effect her personality, and memories of her past lives, though she's still a little more normal compared to the rest of the Legends sans Jax.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jax is the closest thing this team has to an "everyman" given his more down-to-earth background and the fact that he's pretty much a completely normal guy unless he's fused with Stein.
    Jax may be an everyman, but I find his accent really fake. It would've been better if they established Jax as a Brit or a Gambian, so Franze Drameh could use his own accent--which is just as working class. And it would have added to the international flavour of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Jax may be an everyman, but I find his accent really fake. It would've been better if they established Jax as a Brit or a Gambian, so Franze Drameh could use his own accent--which is just as working class. And it would have added to the international flavour of the team.
    I didn't even know Drameh had an accent, his voice seems "normal" to me.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

i might be in the minority but I found Stein to be the most entertaining character on the show. Though he did become alot more arrogant than he was on Flash.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I didn't even know Drameh had an accent, his voice seems "normal" to me.
    Same here. He fooled me with it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I really wanted to like this show, especially since it was the first DC TV show to show heroes smoking pot, but I just can;t fit all these CW shows into my week. I sadly have to drop this show, and Arrow is coming close to joining it in the scrap heap. At least Flash is still consistently great.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Same here. He fooled me with it.
    Same with Lonsdale as Wally over on Flash, or John Barrowman as Merlyn on Arrow. You'd probably never realize they're just putting on American accents because they generally sounds so natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Same with Lonsdale as Wally over on Flash, or John Barrowman as Merlyn on Arrow. You'd probably never realize they're just putting on American accents because they generally sounds so natural.
    I believe Barrowman actually speaks that way, despite being a Brit. He learned to speak American English growing up in "the colonies" as a kid to fit in.

BANNED

Jax is more like Ronnie Raymond from the comics than Ronnie Raymond was

A meteor in 1958? The Blob!

That car crash at the start was the most fake-looking thing ever.

And if they can gene-therapy cure meteor effects.... doesnt that mean they can stop Savage like that, too?

Ultimate Member

Greatly enjoyed the episode. It's not a complaint, but I'm surprised that they went into the reasons why it would suck for a modern person to be stuck in that era

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I believe Barrowman actually speaks that way, despite being a Brit. He learned to speak American English growing up in "the colonies" as a kid to fit in.
    Barrowman speaks naturally with an American accent and a Scottish accent. I don't know if I've ever heard him do an English accent--but if he has, then that was the fake accent.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Greatly enjoyed the episode. It's not a complaint, but I'm surprised that they went into the reasons why it would suck for a modern person to be stuck in that era
    That was a pleasant surprise. Nearly as good as an episode of QUANTUM LEAP. I frankly enjoy that kind of thing more than all the super-hero action. This show gets better and better.