Page 221 of 277 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 4155

Oh yeah, there was a black guy (more than one even, I think) and even an ASIAN as a french guard.
    Obviously stupid and not historically accurate.

But then again, they lampshaded that within the very episode that the Encore is messing up history (Napoleon partying and all) so I guess it's kinda explained away.

Legends has never prided itself on historical accuracy .

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Oh yeah, there was a black guy (more than one even, I think) and even an ASIAN as a french guard.
    Obviously stupid and not historically accurate.

But then again, they lampshaded that within the very episode that the Encore is messing up history (Napoleon partying and all) so I guess it's kinda explained away.
    Do you know for sure that's historically innacurate?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Do you know for sure that's historically innacurate?
    I don't know about the Asian guard, but France had several colonies in the West Indies at the time, so they certainly could have brought back a few natives to work as palace guards.

Idea for an Encore that also draws directly from Hellblazer: The Family Man
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

John friggin Woo!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Oh, hell yeah

Mighty Member

Genghis Khan on a scooter was quite a sight.

KHAN!!
    Another fun ep. This show always pleases me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    John friggin Woo!
    It was a fun homage, but it's sad people mostly rely on the slo-mo parts of his directing style rather than the non-stop diving, shooting, bullets just missing choreography parts that were so exciting. Can people not stage those kind of sequences anymore?

It was a fun homage, but it's sad people mostly rely on the slo-mo parts of his directing style rather than the non-stop diving, shooting, bullets just missing choreography parts that were so exciting. Can people not stage those kind of sequences anymore?
    I am sure they can, but it would take much more time and expense. On a show with a limited budget, I think they did a great job doing a Woolike scene.

Matt Ryan's performance was excellent this episode.

Also, Charlie finally gets something important to do.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Matt Ryan's performance was excellent this episode.

Also, Charlie finally gets something important to do.
    IMO, this was the best non-Crisis episode so far this season.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I am sure they can, but it would take much more time and expense. On a show with a limited budget, I think they did a great job doing a Woolike scene.
    I doubt "The Killer" had a huge budget (they must have spent half on squibs alone) ... but then again, I doubt the Hong Kong studios had the same regulations, unions and payscales that an american tv show would have to contend with. Joking aside, I feel even big-budget movies fail to capture the frenetic, beautiful, choreographed chaos of those HK films from decades ago. But yes, it was nice to see Kahn with the toothpick in his mouth, the two-gun shootups and of course the up-close 3-way mexican standoff. Were there also slo-mo doves or did I miss that?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-26-2020 at 04:09 PM.

I doubt "The Killer" had a huge budget (they must have spent half on squibs alone) ... but then again, I doubt the Hong Kong studios had the same regulations, unions and payscales that an american tv show would have to contend with. Joking aside, I feel even big-budget movies fail to capture the frenetic, beautiful, choreographed chaos of those HK films from decades ago. But yes, it was nice to see Kahn with the toothpick in his mouth, the two-gun shootups and of course the up-close 3-way mexican standoff. Were there also slo-mo doves or did I miss that?
    There was a dove flying being Kahn in one scene.