Page 225 of 277 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 4155
    Mighty Member

I liked how the were at the shooting location of Supernatural.

Incredible Member

all the cw shows are filmed in canada i believe , would have beenn cool to have jensen and jared guest starring but not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    all the cw shows are filmed in canada i believe , would have beenn cool to have jensen and jared guest starring but not to be.
    Yeah, there was a picture a while back of Melissa Benoist in her Supergirl costume sitting in a booth at Pop's diner from Riverdale with Lili Reinhart and Camila Mendes (Betty and Veronica).
    But Black Lightning is filmed in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. And All American is filmed in Los Angeles, California.

First Ray, now Behrad??? Poor Nate.

Wow, we got to see the previous iteration of Zari. I wasn't expecting that because I thought we were just going to get her back at some point. I guess the new one is here to stay? And taking over for poor Behrad, I suppose.

Nice job breaking it, Constantine.

Incredible Member

back to spoofing other shows

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I will gladly take Tala Ashe anyway the show wants her but I do miss Zari 1.0 so it was great to see her here. Hopefully, they will find a way to bring her back on a more consistent level.

While I've been enjoying this season far more than last year, I still find it hard to get too invested in the overall arc. And as a huge Sandman fan, seeing the Fates used like this is... weird...

And I know the actor who plays Barhad is listed as a guest star but I would be surprised if they don't bring him back relatively soon.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I will gladly take Tala Ashe anyway the show wants her but I do miss Zari 1.0 so it was great to see her here. Hopefully, they will find a way to bring her back on a more consistent level.

While I've been enjoying this season far more than last year, I still find it hard to get too invested in the overall arc. And as a huge Sandman fan, seeing the Fates used like this is... weird...

And I know the actor who plays Barhad is listed as a guest star but I would be surprised if they don't bring him back relatively soon.
    As I don't recall, how were the Fates used in Sandman?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    back to spoofing other shows

Is Mick writing Star Trip? That seems like his kind of line.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Mighty Member

Bonnie and Clyde along with Jack the Ripper was a great super villain team up.

Enchantress? The show actually used a character from the comics instead of a public domain character? And was relatively true to their comic take? Although this Enchantress doesn't seem as crazy or dangerous as the comic version. And I thought Enchantress shared the same form as her host, but I guess they couldn't have a black woman popping up in time periods she wouldn't have made sense in (unless you're Charlie). Is she currently inhabiting June Moon in the present-day?

So Sara can see into the future now?

I wonder what Henry the 8th's hellweapon was.

I thought Constantine was more of a conman who improvises his magic then the greatest sorcerer of modern times. Isn't that Dr. Fate's job? But I guess calling himself that gets him more business.

The Nate/Zari relationship just feels weird to me given this Zari has no interest in him (beyond I guess maybe physical pangs of what the old Zari felt) and Nate is just projecting his feelings for the old Zari onto her when he doesn't even really remember the old Zari. And now she seems to be moving on to Constantine, which just seems like it'll make a mess of things.

Uh...girl power and all that, but should Ava really push for empowering someone who, up until that point, was basically a villain? I know the plan is to undo Astra being evil!Astra, but it seems to ignore all the mess she's been causing up to this point.

It's interesting seeing Zari re-awaken the totem gain when she's wearing an outfit that resembles the Isis costume. Not that I think the writers were thinking that way when they had her dress up as Cleopatra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Needing to save Behrad has seemed to awaken in current Zari the conviction and determination of the old version. I'm still expecting a fusion of sorts.
    Do the Fates count as them using DC characters as the Big Bad since they're technically the Kindly Ones? Although I don't think the writers on the show are even aware of that given how different they're being handled here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder what Henry the 8th's hellweapon was.
    What else...

a turkey leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    What else...

a mutton leg.
    fixed.
    10 char.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Uh...girl power and all that, but should Ava really push for empowering someone who, up until that point, was basically a villain? I know the plan is to undo Astra being evil!Astra, but it seems to ignore all the mess she's been causing up to this point.
    Don't you know that nowadays women can't be villains?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."