Page 23 of 277 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

Was the odd sliding hand motion Sara did when she'd say "for daaays" a reference to something?

So when this 1950's Savage gets to the 1970's, he won't see Palmer at the arms deal? Ugh. Time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    It's also annoying that they practically refuse to allow Jax and Stein to become Firestorm, even in life or death situations
    I've been talking about that with a friend. How many of the episodes would have ended a lot sooner if Jax and Stein weren't separated from the moment they got off the ship. Not a fan of either character, really, and this also reinforces why I think Firestorm was a bad choice for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    or to have Captain Cold and Heatwave's guns actually freeze or burn things (which they normally did on The Flash). Is it a budget thing?
    That'd be my guess, also considering how the writers seem to go out of their way to prevent the Firestorm fusion in most episodes. Also odd that Cold's gun seems to have shifted to a force pushing kind of effect instead of leaving people frozen in place.

I loved how everyone tried to compliment Snart on his teamwork and loyalty and he just ended up annoyed. Kendra looked pretty nice in that dress! I really enjoyed Sara's plot, even if she's no good at keeping a low profile. Nice to know she is perfectly fine joking about the kinds of torture techniques she learned from Ra's Al Ghul rather than being traumatized by it. I liked the effects on Jax's transformation, very horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was interesting to see the team deal with Savage during a period before he started to become aware of their existence, though seeing him with a, likely oblivious, wife was surprising. I wonder how many lovers he's taken over the course of his immortality, despite constantly pining for Chay-Ara? Also wonder if he's sired any children and if Scandal is running about somewhere.
    One could only hope! She'd probably have to be born in the 80's or 90's for her to be the right age during present day. With a time travel show, I guess it doesn't matter when she's born, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That scene of Jax having a moment with Betty, right in front of her cured boyfriend, felt kinda awkward. Especially given she quickly started making out with him in her car the night before..
    I thought it was weird that he was seemingly standing there the whole time, waiting for Jax to say something about him returning and then him popping up and going "Surprise, I am alive!"

Quote Originally Posted by The New Black View Post
    Was the odd sliding hand motion Sara did when she'd say "for daaays" a reference to something?

So when this 1950's Savage gets to the 1970's, he won't see Palmer at the arms deal? Ugh. Time travel.

I've been talking about that with a friend. How many of the episodes would have ended a lot sooner if Jax and Stein weren't separated from the moment they got off the ship. Not a fan of either character, really, and this also reinforces why I think Firestorm was a bad choice for the show.

That'd be my guess, also considering how the writers seem to go out of their way to prevent the Firestorm fusion in most episodes. Also odd that Cold's gun seems to have shifted to a force pushing kind of effect instead of leaving people frozen in place.
    Maybe snart isnt trying to kill anyone, maybe it has settings. Or maybe its a budget thing lol

I'm sure he has phasers set to stun.

It's easy to question why some characters like Firestorm are part of the show if they don't have the budget to pay for the needed SFX. But there are times I have thought that the real point of this show is to keep all the bit actors for Arrow and Flash paid and in work so that they will be available when the main shows need them.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Lol thats what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    That's funny that's very funny lol.

Retired

Now that DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW has been picked up for a full second season, maybe they'll get a bigger budget, so they can do more with the super powers.

I grew up on TV shows that used the same piece of film over and over or raided the stock footage library. Shows like TIME TUNNEL. Somehow this was good enough. I guess the standard by which effects are judged these days puts the fear of god in producers and they don't dare do an effect unless it can pass muster with the judges.

I suppose the producers could never get away with using a cartoon image of Firestorm--like the old SUPERMAN serial--but could they use the same piece of CGI that they already paid for or would they be forced out of town on a rail for doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    It's easy to question why some characters like Firestorm are part of the show if they don't have the budget to pay for the needed SFX. But there are times I have thought that the real point of this show is to keep all the bit actors for Arrow and Flash paid and in work so that they will be available when the main shows need them.
    It certainly feels like the budget determines a lot about the show. Lot's of talking. Lot's of scenes where people mostly just shoot and use martial arts. Very little that can't be paid for with the pocket change and lint in a producer's pocket.

Have a 2 part episode take place during the US Civil War. Don't dance around tough stuff. Confront it head-on.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Have a 2 part episode take place during the US Civil War. Don't dance around tough stuff. Confront it head-on.
    I don't think the Civil War is that controversial these days.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I don't think the Civil War is that controversial these days.
    Depends on which part of the country you're in.

It's kind of pathetic how refreshing it was to see a story like this not handwave or outright ignore cultural prejudices. Multiple ones at that. But is Sara still into dudes? I never followed Arrow closely but she did sleep with Ollie. Fluke?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    It's kind of pathetic how refreshing it was to see a story like this not handwave or outright ignore cultural prejudices. Multiple ones at that. But is Sara still into dudes? I never followed Arrow closely but she did sleep with Ollie. Fluke?
    She was clearly attracted to Young Stein.So I'm guessing she just prefers women most of the time
    Last edited by Baseman; 03-13-2016 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    She was clearly attracted to Young Stein.So I'm guessing she just prefers women most of the time
    I felt like she was more interested in his weed.