Page 241 of 277 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 4155
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it wasn't so much an issue with the first two seasons where it was still relatively "normal" and finding its footing, but then when they redefined the show's identity into what it is now it was harder and harder to make everything fit back together.
    I blame Gary.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I blame Gary.
    You joke, but that's a big part of the problem. I liked Gary at first, when he was the bumbling Time Agency bureaucrat that Sara could easily threaten into doing what she wanted. But he is the pinnacle of the producers falling in love with an actor and refusing to let them go, instead finding more and more things for them to do- even when it makes NO SENSE.

Gary should have left when the Time Agency collapsed, MAYBE coming back every now and then for a guest spot, but no more. Instead they keep cramming this guy down our throats, while good characters like Ray and even Nora are shown the door.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You joke, but that's a big part of the problem. I liked Gary at first, when he was the bumbling Time Agency bureaucrat that Sara could easily threaten into doing what she wanted. But he is the pinnacle of the producers falling in love with an actor and refusing to let them go, instead finding more and more things for them to do- even when it makes NO SENSE.

Gary should have left when the Time Agency collapsed, MAYBE coming back every now and then for a guest spot, but no more. Instead they keep cramming this guy down our throats, while good characters like Ray and even Nora are shown the door.
    I actually wasn't entirely joking. When he became part of the show, that's when things started to get stupid. It would be okay to have its own Gilligan on a sitcom, but...
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The whole Time Bureau felt like it represented the show shifting from a DC Superhero show to a show dominated by non-powered OC's.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Looks like the LEGENDS are wearing western clothes.
    But I haven't heard any news of Jonathon Schaech returning as JONAH HEX.
    Would love to see other DC Western characters on this series like BAT LASH or EL DIABLO.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The whole Time Bureau felt like it represented the show shifting from a DC Superhero show to a show dominated by non-powered OC's.
    I always thought how much of a wasted opportunity that this show did make use of any time traveling characters. No Legion, Time Trapper, Monarch, Epoch. I think they used Chronos in season one.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I always thought how much of a wasted opportunity that this show did make use of any time traveling characters. No Legion, Time Trapper, Monarch, Epoch. I think they used Chronos in season one.
    It was a waste to use Rip Hunter and not bring Booster Gold in, but I don't think they ever had access to Booster.

I remember all the speculation that Malus was going to turn out to be Time Trapper.

It was a waste to use Rip Hunter and not bring Booster Gold in, but I don't think they ever had access to Booster.

I remember all the speculation that Malus was going to turn out to be Time Trapper.
    If some of these time travelers weren't available to use they could have used some of the immortal characters. Immortal Man and resurrection man would have been great.

If some of these time travelers weren't available to use they could have used some of the immortal characters. Immortal Man and resurrection man would have been great.
    There's a lot of stuff from the comics that they could've mined for historical or period characters that they haven't.

Like, Sgt. Rock never showed up during the times they were in WW2.

They did use Chronos. He was the Time Masters' bounty hunter, and it turned out it was Mick under the mask (Snart had abandoned him after he went off the rails at one point, and the Time Masters scooped him up and brainwashed him).

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    They did use Chronos. He was the Time Masters' bounty hunter, and it turned out it was Mick under the mask (Snart had abandoned him after he went off the rails at one point, and the Time Masters scooped him up and brainwashed him).
    Yeah, they seem to kind of forget about that a lot.

I wish they had done more Chronos vs. Atom since he's supposed to be an Atom villain, but the most we got with that was Ray getting the final hit on him.

There's a lot of stuff from the comics that they could've mined for historical or period characters that they haven't.

Like, Sgt. Rock never showed up during the times they were in WW2.
    I remember not enjoying the Chamelot episode for not having the The Demon. I would have been happy if they had Jason Blood just stand around somewhere.

I remember not enjoying the Chamelot episode for not having the The Demon. I would have been happy if they had Jason Blood just stand around somewhere.
    At the very least Shining Knight should've been in the Camelot episode, not Stargirl as Merlin crushing on King Arthur for...reasons.

(The JSA were so wasted on this show).

Well didn't they? I mean Ray always gave me more of a Booster Gold and Ted Kord Hybrid vibe more than a Atom vibe. Then add Nate and you have the Blue and Gold comedy duo.

Yeah given how often they never used their powers I can't justify calling Ray and Nate Atom and Steel. I know a lot of people love this show and I loved that original trailer and enjoyed the seasons 1 and 2 but after losing Rip and then Stein and added with the more and more OCs being added I lost my enthusiasm for the show.

Can't believe people actually want Season 1 of Legends back.

What a non-original chore that one was. And the horrid acting from both Hawks and Vandal Savage ruined it.