Page 242 of 277 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 4155
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Season 1 was an OK DC show. It wasn't filled with insufferable OCs with characterizations and plot lines that insult my intelligence. This show had a worst decline than Flash.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Can't believe people actually want Season 1 of Legends back.

What a non-original chore that one was. And the horrid acting from both Hawks and Vandal Savage ruined it.
    Season 2 was the pinnacle for me, FWIW. I do agree with you about the Hawks (though principally Hawkman).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

Wonder if an Ava-Lance wedding is on the horizon this season?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Season 2 was the pinnacle for me, FWIW. I do agree with you about the Hawks (though principally Hawkman).
    Yeah, I think season 2 was the most balanced between still being a comic show with, y'know, actual DC characters with serious stakes while still leaning more into the comedy and irreverence without going overboard.

They really bungled the Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You joke, but that's a big part of the problem. I liked Gary at first, when he was the bumbling Time Agency bureaucrat that Sara could easily threaten into doing what she wanted. But he is the pinnacle of the producers falling in love with an actor and refusing to let them go, instead finding more and more things for them to do- even when it makes NO SENSE.
    I think that honor has to go to the actress who played Vixen and is now playing Charlie.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I think that honor has to go to the actress who played Vixen and is now playing Charlie.
    She's cute, so she gets a pass from me. Seriously, you have a point, but at least she has talents that could be utilized by the team. Gary? Nope.

She's cute, so she gets a pass from me. Seriously, you have a point, but at least she has talents that could be utilized by the team. Gary? Nope.
    Last Season would disagree, Gary managed to make Astra reconsider going back to the Dark Side.

He is a good morality pet in general, also for John, Ava and Sara.

Mighty Member

Gary's just full of secrets.

So the DCU has a bunch of alien races that this show could possibly mine from...but I'm guessing all the aliens this season will be OC's. Aliens and time travel feels like a random combination, but at least the show knows its gimmick.

Is it really John Constantine if he's happy and moved on from his crippling emotional conflict and self-loathing? The last time a happy John sleeping with a "Z" girl fought aliens the Justice League pretty much got torn apart. Actually, Tala Ashe could be a good Zatanna.

There are several Starman's in the DC Universe, but count on Legends to use Bowie.

Marriage seemed like the only real direction left to go with Sara and Ava's relationship, although I don't expect Nyssa to get a wedding invite. Or anyone else other than the team for that matter. Actually, it'll probably just be the two of them and some kind of priest (Mick? Nate? Behrad?).

At least Ava has mastered organizing the Legends' patented brand of doing their own thing instead of following orders.

I don't really get why Astra is still around. She just doesn't seem to really bring anything to the table or have any real reason to be there unless she's just replacing Charlie as the sassy, morally ambiguous, wildcard. I guess her thing is talking to people in Hell? Although Zari doesn't really have much she's doing other than being Constantine's friend with benefits and taking the Totem from Behrad when she needs to.

Considering how they dropped Ray and Nora and generally hold off on using powers, I feel like I still underestimated this shows CGI budget with what they did with the aliens here.

Did the aliens pluck Spartacus after he had done all the meaningful stuff he needed to do to preserve the timeline? Because I doubt he'll be able to do that stuff now.

I'm glad they brought up the DEO and Ava having some awkwardness with Alex, and how that tied-in to Rama-Khan destroying the DEO, although you'd think they'd have a direct line to someone on the Super Friends. I guess this is what you get when you keep trying to avoid crossovers.

Esparanza Cruz feels like they mixed Jessica Cruz (green jacket, hispanic) with Jinny Hex (hat, Texas accent, laser guns). I'm not sure why she'd prefer "Spooner" to "Esperanza," but I'm just not really sure what her place on the show is beyond being the team's alien detector. She feels like more of a quirky character of the week instead of a main cast member, even if it's just her introductory episode. Although it is kind of interesting that Gideon couldn't detect anything in her brain.

I forgot, they changed the Tomaz siblings' last name to Tarazi? Is that so there's no Black Adam connection since the actual Tomaz's are going to be in the Dwayne Johnson movie? Not that they've ever really reflected those characters much to begin with, but I guess now they're officially OC's.

Gary being an alien the whole time feels so random. Like, how did this not come out the last 4 or so seasons he's been on the show? Can we write this off as a Crisis thing? And then he's working with his fiance to grab peak human specimens from across time and then doesn't seem too worked up about her getting launched out of an air lock. It seems like she mostly berated him so maybe that was it, but seems like he should have reacted a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So the DCU has a bunch of alien races that this show could possibly mine from...but I'm guessing all the aliens this season will be OC's. Aliens and time travel feels like a random combination, but at least the show knows its gimmick.

Is it really John Constantine if he's happy and moved on from his crippling emotional conflict and self-loathing? The last time a happy John sleeping with a "Z" girl fought aliens the Justice League pretty much got torn apart. Actually, Tala Ashe could be a good Zatanna.

There are several Starman's in the DC Universe, but count on Legends to use Bowie.

Marriage seemed like the only real direction left to go with Sara and Ava's relationship, although I don't expect Nyssa to get a wedding invite. Or anyone else other than the team for that matter. Actually, it'll probably just be the two of them and some kind of priest (Mick? Nate? Behrad?).

At least Ava has mastered organizing the Legends' patented brand of doing their own thing instead of following orders.

I don't really get why Astra is still around. She just doesn't seem to really bring anything to the table or have any real reason to be there unless she's just replacing Charlie as the sassy, morally ambiguous, wildcard. I guess her thing is talking to people in Hell? Although Zari doesn't really have much she's doing other than being Constantine's friend with benefits and taking the Totem from Behrad when she needs to.

Considering how they dropped Ray and Nora and generally hold off on using powers, I feel like I still underestimated this shows CGI budget with what they did with the aliens here.

Did the aliens pluck Spartacus after he had done all the meaningful stuff he needed to do to preserve the timeline? Because I doubt he'll be able to do that stuff now.

I'm glad they brought up the DEO and Ava having some awkwardness with Alex, and how that tied-in to Rama-Khan destroying the DEO, although you'd think they'd have a direct line to someone on the Super Friends. I guess this is what you get when you keep trying to avoid crossovers.

Esparanza Cruz feels like they mixed Jessica Cruz (green jacket, hispanic) with Jinny Hex (hat, Texas accent, laser guns). I'm not sure why she'd prefer "Spooner" to "Esperanza," but I'm just not really sure what her place on the show is beyond being the team's alien detector. She feels like more of a quirky character of the week instead of a main cast member, even if it's just her introductory episode. Although it is kind of interesting that Gideon couldn't detect anything in her brain.

I forgot, they changed the Tomaz siblings' last name to Tarazi? Is that so there's no Black Adam connection since the actual Tomaz's are going to be in the Dwayne Johnson movie? Not that they've ever really reflected those characters much to begin with, but I guess now they're officially OC's.

Gary being an alien the whole time feels so random. Like, how did this not come out the last 4 or so seasons he's been on the show? Can we write this off as a Crisis thing? And then he's working with his fiance to grab peak human specimens from across time and then doesn't seem too worked up about her getting launched out of an air lock. It seems like she mostly berated him so maybe that was it, but seems like he should have reacted a bit more.
    Is Zari still running around with the Air totem from Zambesi? If so, I wonder if she will return it once the series is over or the character is no longer on the show.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Maybe Gary is a theme character. He'll be whatever the theme of the season is.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Spooner also became an isolationist after experiencing a traumatic event, and she has a connection to aliens. I was also thinking she might be a play on Jessica Cruz. I missed the possible Jinny Hex similarity though. It'd be interesting if she turns out to be related to Jonah. I think Gideon didn't detect anything perhaps because she has natural powers of some sort that Spooner misinterpreted as an alien radio. So they wouldn't show up as something "wrong" with her.

I wasn't expecting a shot at the Avengers -- pretty bold move there.

Is it me, or is everyone on the team just wasted all the time? I know they all like their vices, but it seemed a bit much showing all of them going at it in response to Sara being kidnapped. (and after a night of them partying) I know this show if goofy now, and it's 90% just about the characters in comedic situations more than ... actual stories or (non-relationship) drama or plot, and I've enjoyed it for the most part, but I also don't want to think of them as being barely competent. It's one thing to not use established DC heroes anymore, but they've really just been replacing them with characters that aren't even qualified to do what they do in any way. And I also don't really feel much of anything for Zara 2.0, Behrad, Astra and even Nate anymore. This whole show hinges on AvaLance and Mick being ... Mick.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-03-2021 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Spooner also became an isolationist after experiencing a traumatic event, and she has a connection to aliens. I was also thinking she might be a play on Jessica Cruz. I missed the possible Jinny Hex similarity though. It'd be interesting if she turns out to be related to Jonah. I think Gideon didn't detect anything perhaps because she has natural powers of some sort that Spooner misinterpreted as an alien radio. So they wouldn't show up as something "wrong" with her.

I wasn't expecting a shot at the Avengers -- pretty bold move there.

Is it me, or is everyone on the team just wasted all the time? I know they all like their vices, but it seemed a bit much showing all of them going at it in response to Sara being kidnapped. (and after a night of them partying) I know this show if goofy now, and it's 90% just about the characters in comedic situations more than ... actual stories or (non-relationship) drama or plot, and I've enjoyed it for the most part, but I also don't want to think of them as being barely competent. It's one thing to not use established DC heroes anymore, but they've really just been replacing them with characters that aren't even qualified to do what they do in any way. And I also don't really feel much of anything for Zara 2.0, Behrad, Astra and even Nate anymore. This whole show hinges on AvaLance and Mick being ... Mick.
    I kinda had to do a double-take where Ava called them the "best of the best." Because...by what metric ?

I guess they're the best at being screw-ups and somehow managing to succeed in-spite of themselves.

I kinda had to do a double-take where Ava called them the "best of the best." Because...by what metric ?

I guess they're the best at being screw-ups and somehow managing to succeed in-spite of themselves.
    They're Legends, dammit!

They're Legends, dammit!

... and legends have suspect truth value, so I guess it fits this team.