Page 244 of 277 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 4155
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

So it's a zombie episode without out being a zombie episode, lol
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    So it's a zombie episode without out being a zombie episode, lol
    Well, they already did a zombie episode last season, if I remember right...

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they already did a zombie episode last season, if I remember right...
    Oh I know, thats why I thought it was funny they did one without doing one.....
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Zari and Behrad arguing over who gets to use the totem they only occasionally use for mundane stuff.
    When Zari used it to place hamburgers on plates (which was pointless since Nate just chucked them at the meat zombies) it made me think of Agatha berating Wanda for having all that power and using it to make breakfast for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    When Zari used it to place hamburgers on plates (which was pointless since Nate just chucked them at the meat zombies) it made me think of Agatha berating Wanda for having all that power and using it to make breakfast for dinner.
    Nobody's powers on this show are all that impressive any more .

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Nobody's powers on this show are all that impressive any more .
    Kind of like the characters themselves.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    You should just be happy she used her powers at all.

Reading the summaries for this season, I'm torn. I am interested in the Sara storyline, and to a lesser degree Ava trying to get her back. On the other hand, I have zero interest in the origins of Big Belly Burger, or an American Idol ripoff, or any of the other zany ideas the rest of the cast gets to act out. Like, if they could separate out Ava and Mick, and have them search for Sara, and let the rest of the cast do the other stuff, I'd be more than happy to fast forward though the episodes to get to the parts I like.

Mighty Member

Sara's doomed.

I forgot Zari and Behrad are from the future. Will they ever resolve the GA & The Canaries cliffhanger?

"The other side for me was Ava." Sorry Nyssa, Oliver, or the rest of the Lance family. Avalance are too endgame for you.

Space Cabbie? I don't know if the writers are doing this intentionally or not, but if they're intentionally referencing DC characters, maybe actually use them?

How many Marvel movies are these DC shows going to reference? Although Thor Ragnarok was very relevant to the kind of show this is.

So Gary actually can be terrifying and effective as an alien when he wants to be. I guess that might become useful to the Legends. He'll have to get over eating a bunch of Ava's first though. I had also honestly forgotten about the Ava Sharpe clones...

I guess I could believe Mick would be despondent at losing Sara and being the last OG, even if it was really about his daughter being at college (which was less forgivable), but it felt more like Dominic Purcell acting out because he knows he's leaving the show. And he's already mentoring his replacement in Spooner.

"They steal your truck and your virginity." I'm...guessing Spooner is talking from experience.

Oh hey, the Legends actually using their powers in a fight! They get their butt kicked, but it's the thought that counts.

NuZari definitely owning the sexiness factor of the show with those dresses and walking around in a robe. I'm glad they gave Tala Ashe a much better song to close out on compared to that first number.

It was nice to see Zari and Behrad's mom. And Behrad avenging his sister by blasting the guy who manipulated her.

Constantine's outburst felt like a bit much to me. Like, even if I could buy he became invested in his relationship with Zari, he's a master conman and at compartmentalizing his emotions when needed to where I don't buy him messing up like that when they were on mission. And, another thing, I don't feel like the Constantine and Zari relationship has been focused enough to where I could buy it going from friends with benefits to something more real. I feel like we missed the mid-point to how they ended up here.

Is there something to Zari's assistant other than her throwing her cleavage around and messing with Zari behind her back? Like she seemed to magically just appear at certain points, and she seemed kind of sinister at times.

Somehow I'm not surprised Nate ended up with the smore head.

So...Mick commits alien murder and no one cares that much afterwards? I get it's for a joke, but still. The CG on Lord Knox's true form was pretty good though. Imagine if they used this budget for actual DC characters or the Legends themselves.

The new Big Bad looks like he'll be...quirky. I dunno, I miss the Reverse-Flash and a serious, major, villain I could take seriously. It looks like this guy will fit the show's brand, but I'm not really enthusiastic about him so far.

Will they ever resolve the GA & The Canaries cliffhanger?
    No.

no, No, NO. I don't WANT this show to resolve the GA & The Canaries cliffhanger. Not unless this show stops being a parody of itself. Hell, resolve it on The Flash when Nora and Bart inevitably return to the future. At least the tone would be similar.

I'm not a viewer of The Masked Singer, but every time I see a commercial for that show, I feel like the characters are a cross between animal-themed super villains and sports mascots. So this episode kinda made sense to me. I wasn't big on the music on anything, but with aliens and super powered fights, it made it fun.

I was annoyed at Mick, though. He didn't show any respect for Ava, and then he squashed an alien who could've helped them find Sara. Why didn't anybody notice he was right there?!

How many Marvel movies are these DC shows going to reference? Although Thor Ragnarok was very relevant to the kind of show this is.
    I guess the Arrowverse shows know their audiences and what references they'll get? It's certainly quite the change from when all the Marvel shows and movies would reference Superman.

Constantine's outburst felt like a bit much to me. Like, even if I could buy he became invested in his relationship with Zari, he's a master conman and at compartmentalizing his emotions when needed to where I don't buy him messing up like that when they were on mission. And, another thing, I don't feel like the Constantine and Zari relationship has been focused enough to where I could buy it going from friends with benefits to something more real. I feel like we missed the mid-point to how they ended up here.
    I had the same reaction. We've seen a more romantic side of John on this show before, but I never got that he felt that into Zari prior to this episode.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I miss this show having more ties to actual costumed DC characters.
    With Ray gone I feel the show has lost some heart.
    This is just another CW show that seems to be spinning its wheels.
    The Gary reveal for this year is also a bit out of left field and not an enjoyable one.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I was annoyed at Mick, though. He didn't show any respect for Ava, and then he squashed an alien who could've helped them find Sara. Why didn't anybody notice he was right there?!
    What bothered me the most is no one will probably care past this episode that he straight up killed him.
    I guess the Arrowverse shows know their audiences and what references they'll get? It's certainly quite the change from when all the Marvel shows and movies would reference Superman.
    It just stands out to me because the MCU (other than Deadpool) doesn't really reference DC as much.

Incredible Member

What bothered me the most is no one will probably care past this episode that he straight up killed him.

It just stands out to me because the MCU (other than Deadpool) doesn't really reference DC as much.
    Considering that the alien threatened to take over the planet and was willing to slay our "King" to do so, killing him is probably easy to overlook.

MCU is just so mainstream right now and with so many of their movies and characters garnering attention at the box office, they have popular material to reference. The funny thing to me is that it's easier for them to reference the MCU than it is to reference their own characters (i.e. Batman).

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Considering that the alien threatened to take over the planet and was willing to slay our "King" to do so, killing him is probably easy to overlook.
    Yeah, but then he was completely on their side.
    MCU is just so mainstream right now and with so many of their movies and characters garnering attention at the box office, they have popular material to reference. The funny thing to me is that it's easier for them to reference the MCU than it is to reference their own characters (i.e. Batman).
    They're in a shared universe now so they totally could reference that stuff more than they are.

I'm not even sure if the Space Cabbie reference was intentional.