Page 245 of 277 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 4155

Yeah, honestly Mick, not cool for killing Lord Knoxicrillion!

Wanted him to stay on the ship

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, honestly Mick, not cool for killing Lord Knoxicrillion!

Wanted him to stay on the ship
    That one little scene was probably 2/3 of their CGI budget for the season.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Worst. JFK. Ever.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

Heatwave's in love.

Gotta be honest I keep forgetting about the whole thing with Nate and Zari just because of how infrequently it comes up. I guess I get how a Zari without makeup and a ponytail would remind Nate of OG!Zari but it's not like they looked that different. And then he got a Steel boner from looking at her....and then talked about how much she still reminded him of OG!Zari. It's just weird.

I get wanting to bring Constantine, but why Astra? What does she bring to the table? Master manipulator skills? Is she just counted as part of the team now? She seems redundant with John.

Spooner living up to a lot of Texas stereotypes. Uh...go Texas?

That JFK actor sounded like he was doing an impression of Jeffrey Donovan doing Bobby Kennedy.

You know who would've made that white house meeting more interesting? Sarge Steel.

Ava with glasses and a bun reminded me of Kara/Melissa Benoist. I guess we can also add a Russian accent to her repertoire.

Behrad getting Fidel Castro high was...very Legends. Although that whole "cousin" bit lasted far longer than I think it would have in reality.

I kind of wonder if the JSA were taken from Earth-1 after Crisis, because I felt like they should've come up during that interaction with actual government staff. Or like some kind of commentary on Metahumans once they saw Nate with his powers, but everyone just kind of forgot about it after the event was over. I guess they probably wiped Jack and everyone's memories anyways.

That general sure escalated quickly and increasingly over the course of the episode, and then shot a defused nuke that landed right on top of him...I mean, it's comical. Maybe a little too overly comical? I guess it depends on your taste.

So Nate had already outed his powers, why didn't Zari just wind blast him to begin with? It's not like grown adult men playing actual football with a nuclear football, when one of them had a gun, made any more sense.

Well, if this is going to be Mick's last season, may as well let him go out on an epic quest to save Sara.

Wow, Gary's fiance in human form is hot. Is Mick going to tap that? I kind of assumed he might've still had something going with Lita's mom in-spite of how infrequent his visits were.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Worst. JFK. Ever.
    Right? Couldn't they have gotten an actor that looks at least a little more like him?
    But hey, you win some, you lose some.

Other than that, fun episode as always. Next week's episode promises to be a bit more Astra-centric

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Right? Couldn't they have gotten an actor that looks at least a little more like him?
    But hey, you win some, you lose some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That JFK actor sounded like he was doing an impression of Jeffrey Donovan doing Bobby Kennedy.
    There were times I thought he looked like the donkey at the beginning of Hee Haw. Just dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Worst. JFK. Ever.
    When I first saw him, I thought, "He looks like he's 12!" I mean, yeah JFK looked younger than most Presidents, but he was in his late 40s during his Presidency. They couldn't find an actor who was over 30 at least?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    When I first saw him, I thought, "He looks like he's 12!" I mean, yeah JFK looked younger than most Presidents, but he was in his late 40s during his Presidency. They couldn't find an actor who was over 30 at least?
    He looked so geeky to me, which is something that I never, ever have thought of regarding Kennedy. Even when he was scrawny as a younger man, he was still a handsome scrawny man.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Believe it or not, the guy is almost 47

https://arrow.fandom.com/wiki/Aaron_Craven

But yeah, he doesn't look like he is at all.

I get that this show is silly, but that whole "football" sequence... this show might be hitting my limit. At some point it will be impossible to care at all about anything here.

And the retread of "Nate loses his love only to have another crew member on board who looks exactly like her" better be done after this. (or better yet, just bring back Z1.0)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I get that this show is silly, but that whole "football" sequence... this show might be hitting my limit. At some point it will be impossible to care at all about anything here.

And the retread of "Nate loses his love only to have another crew member on board who looks exactly like her" better be done after this. (or better yet, just bring back Z1.0)
    I do feel like that really stretched the bound of what real people would actually act like for the sake of comedy. Even more than the Castro stuff did.

I still love the show, but it's been teetering over the "too silly" cliff for awhile now.

Too silly? That's like saying Seinfeld got to funny.
    But I get it, I love the silly, but it has to be silly AND clever.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It's a fuzzy line between silly and "too silly" and YMMV. On the one hand, seeing Rasputin playing to the camera crew when shown future technology is to me, clever and funny yet doesn't undermine him as a threat, because you can imagine a megalomaniac reacting that way. A man-eating unicorn is funny because it's a unicorn and they don't exist, so who can say what they'd be like? Seeing JFK and the joint chiefs go into a football huddle when the fate of the world is at stake just breaks reality with how people would act in a situation where nuclear Armageddon is imminent, regardless of the fantastical conceits of the show.