Page 246 of 277 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 4155
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's a fuzzy line between silly and "too silly" and YMMV. On the one hand, seeing Rasputin playing to the camera crew when shown future technology is to me, clever and funny yet doesn't undermine him as a threat, because you can imagine a megalomaniac reacting that way. A man-eating unicorn is funny because it's a unicorn and they don't exist, so who can say what they'd be like? Seeing JFK and the joint chiefs go into a football huddle when the fate of the world is at stake just breaks reality with how people would act in a situation where nuclear Armageddon is imminent, regardless of the fantastical conceits of the show.
    It would all be fine on an alternate Earth, but it's happening on one that is both serious and has a similar history with our own. That, IMO, is a big problem and one that can't be waved away easily.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's a fuzzy line between silly and "too silly" and YMMV. On the one hand, seeing Rasputin playing to the camera crew when shown future technology is to me, clever and funny yet doesn't undermine him as a threat, because you can imagine a megalomaniac reacting that way. A man-eating unicorn is funny because it's a unicorn and they don't exist, so who can say what they'd be like? Seeing JFK and the joint chiefs go into a football huddle when the fate of the world is at stake just breaks reality with how people would act in a situation where nuclear Armageddon is imminent, regardless of the fantastical conceits of the show.
    He literally had a gun he was not afraid to use. Why would he bother to play a football game and why would anyone go along with him?

As much as I liked Nate being a history geek, I wasn't too impressed with the White House stuff or the JFK actor. At least this confirms that Zari and Behrad can use their powers just fine. I was afraid splitting the totem would either make them half as strong or they'd need to be in proximity with each other and do a Wonder Twins thing.

I'm glad Mick made up for being the worst teammate last week. I'm guessing he's now going to live out the plot of one of his Rebecca Silver novels.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not even sure if the Space Cabbie reference was intentional.
    The name is so specific it had to be intentional. Otherwise the joke would've been "Interspace Uber" or something.

And then he got a Steel boner from looking at her....
    There's a Heywood joke somewhere in there.

I kind of wonder if the JSA were taken from Earth-1 after Crisis, because I felt like they should've come up during that interaction with actual government staff. Or like some kind of commentary on Metahumans once they saw Nate with his powers, but everyone just kind of forgot about it after the event was over. I guess they probably wiped Jack and everyone's memories anyways.
    I'm thinking there never was a JSA on this Earth anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    He looked so geeky to me, which is something that I never, ever have thought of regarding Kennedy. Even when he was scrawny as a younger man, he was still a handsome scrawny man.
    What were the casting agents thinking with this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Narrated by Victor Garber? Oh heck yeah!

Beebo has come so far since just being a one episode joke .

Props to Ben Diskin .

Wonder why they won't release plushies already. I'm sure it will be a top seller.

Mighty Member

I loved the Wynonna Earp mention.

I was bored and John was just a jerk. Until the cartoon princess. Oh Legends, you can always make me smile.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I see Astra was not prepared for the real world and real world problems. As the type who tries to take short-term success while ignoring the consequences or who might be effected for most of her life so long as she got her way, I can't say I'm surprised.

I'm not the biggest Astra fan but Constantine should've been more mindful of her. Even when Constantine has a chance to act on his responsibility, he still flakes. Not that it justified what she did with Crowley even if they tried to spin it that way, but whatever.

I know at this point the show is more about historical domain characters instead of actual comic characters...but how about using Felix Faust instead of Aleister Crowley? Although was that Matt Ryan doing his voice before the body switch? If not, he did an uncanny impression when Crowley was in John's body.

I have to imagine Sara has had fantasies of nurse Ava, juts not like this (and as a brunette).

Bishop feels like a fitting villain for the show as it is now with his campiness and jovial nature belying how dangerous he is, even if a millennial tech guru trying to fix humanity for vague "humanity is on its way to extinction" reasons feels so been there, done that. It's hard for me to take him seriously even if the actor is obviously having as much fun with it as he can. I just wish this show could use a name, imposing, villain again (although I guess they tried that with the Fates).

Do we need two magic people in the Legends? I don't even really care about Astra being part of the team, but are the writers not worried about redundancy? Then again, we've got two airbenders, two hand-to-hand fighters, two people who use specialized guns, and Nate is like the only one with physical powers at this point, so it probably doesn't matter much to them. And I guess Constantine can't use magic now for some reason.

With the way the team was badgering her, I can't blame Astra for transforming them. Fittingly Ava is her binder, Spooner is a fork, Behrad is a candle, Zari gets to be a flip phone (instead of a smartphone), and Nate gets to be a cheese with his logo on it.

The effects on the team's transformed selves was actually pretty nice. It feels weird to see the show do so much FX work in these episodes while they keep writing or downplaying the powers and abilities of the actual protagonists.

Arrowverse and it's pop culture references...now we've got Wyonna Earp.

WB Animation did a stellar job recreating that Disney aesthetic for the animated portion. And Olivia Swann can definitely sing. I guess I only wish they had gone a little more like the DC Animated Features and really showed everybody off in a big, animated, fight sequence but obviously the rule of the day was cutesy, fun, Disney.

Those flashbacks of Constantine totally used images from actual Vertigo Constantine comics. Even the live-action portrait looked like comic Constantine. The one in the animated-verse was kind of jarring though.

How could Constantine's magic be wiped away from him because of that spell? It's not like he's some kind of innate magical being, he's self-taught and all his magic is external. He's not like Zatanna where he's Homeo Magi or something. I guess it gives Astra an excuse to be useful.

Sara doesn't have a no-kill-code so of course she just snaps Bishop's neck. But that isn't enough to stop him, and it's implied to be because of something that connects him and Sara...?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Wynonna Earp is on my list of shows to get around to on Netflix. I've been working my backlog so it may take awhile. Maybe by then there will be 15 seasons! haha.

The episode was quite predictable. Duh, painting dude is going to find a way to trick you.

The animation part of the episode was enjoyable, I'll grant that.

The Bishop, Ava-clone and Sara part of the story was meh.

Frankly, there is a lot more MEH seeping into the Legends but I'm still here.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

But that isn't enough to stop him, and it's implied to be because of something that connects him and Sara...?
    Maybe the potion he gave her to drink that healed her also created a bond.

If this animated sequence doesn't win some kind of award, I'm losing my faith in humanity :P

If this animated sequence doesn't win some kind of award, I'm losing my faith in humanity :P
    It won our hearts, and that is what matters.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Are Daytime Emmy's still a thing? Could win some random obscure (and seemingly made up) category like the one Kamen Rider Dragon Knight picked up that one time years ago
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 06-08-2021 at 02:36 PM.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Are Daytime Emmy's still a thing? Could win some random obscure (and seemingly made up) category like the one Kamen Rider Dragon Knight picked up that one time years ago
    If Arrow could never even be acknowledged over 8 years for their fight choreography, I doubt this would win anything. And I'm not saying that to knock the show- none of these awards shows seem to want to acknowledge any of the CW shows. At least, I can't remember any of their shows ever winning anything. The only thing that might change that is Superman and Lois, because the quality of the show is so damn good.