Page 251 of 277 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It has for sure moved away from that around S5.

The show for sure started off with a solid ankle deep drenching of comics and superhero stuff.
    Hawkman & Hawkwoman with Firestorm & Atom in S1
    JSA and Jonah Hex, Reverse Flash and Damian Dahrk in S2
    Constantine makes guest appearance, Kid Flash and Vixen in S3
    S4 status quo shakes up
    S5 is where they seem to hard left out of trying to be too comic character based. Mona the she-werewolf for example. We do get Constantine, if watered down somewhat.
    The show kind of wasted Per Degaton. Like they wasted the JSA.

Enchantress also showed up in season 5 for one episode, which was kind of surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Why include him anyway if we're not getting any Green Lantern lore? Was it just because Ramsey was directing?
    Likely because he's still under contract for one episode after plans were derailed due to covid

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    C#Mon, why can't we keep the Cowboy narrator?
    I was hoping his name who have been Greg Sanders(Vigilante), who was time displaced and the Legends had to take back to his correct time. Alas it wasn't meant to be.

vigila11.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I was hoping his name who have been Greg Sanders(Vigilante), who was time displaced and the Legends had to take back to his correct time. Alas it wasn't meant to be.

vigila11.jpg
    If the creators cared about the comics, he could've been. But...they don't really.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    This. And other than "in name only" I don't know the character but that would've been great.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Because the CW has been trolling fans for years with that "John is going to be GL" fan theory.
    I guess I'm just a bit disappointed at how he was used this episode, which was a bit of a step down from his Batwoman appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The show kind of wasted Per Degaton. Like they wasted the JSA.
    Per Degaton had so much potential. And he was a logical follow-up as a Big Bad after Vandal Savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Likely because he's still under contract for one episode after plans were derailed due to covid
    Do we know what the original plans for him were?

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    If that were Vigilante, it would be similar to how he was used on Batman the Brave and the Bold.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I guess I'm just a bit disappointed at how he was used this episode, which was a bit of a step down from his Batwoman appearance.
    It was even plot relevant. It was basically more for that gag with Sara and the mustache than anything else.

Mighty Member

The pink alien is Beebo in disguise.

Behrad losing to Gideon in Mortal Kombat. Well, probably hard to beat an AI in a video game. I wonder who they main?

Probably for the best that Behrad and Zari don't dwell on what Nate and OG!Zari get up to while in their totems.

An Arrowverse show that actually goes to Vancouver? Ha .

So a show about Muslim pottheads ends up inspiring our resident Muslim potthead.

Nice save with the whole forgetting about Behrad's birthday thing. Probably for the best they didn't drag that plot out, and good on Behrad for figuring it out so quickly.

I wonder if that peek at the writing room is at all reflective of what it's like writing for LoT. Now I'm just imagining somebody suggesting using something from the comics and getting immediately shut down.

Is it just me, or does Astra feel like she gels with the team more than Constantine does? Like, she feels more involved with the group dynamic and feels more at home in missions than he really did. I guess part of it is just that she's pretty much just another OC the show is using any way they want while they've had to rejigger Constantine to be able to fit the show. At this point I wonder if they're going to write John out this season.

Mick became a father through time travel and now thanks to time travel he's going to be a grandfather. It's the Martin Stein experience.

"Auntie Ava" I had honestly forgotten Ava accompanying Mick on all those father-daughter visits.

Zari still dealing with being self-conscious about how much better she sees, and perceives the team as seeing, OG!Zari, especially to the point where she was the one who remembered Behrad's birthday (although admittedly they also had Gideon who is able to pinpoint exact time better than they probably can being stuck on a time ship). But it all came together as her realization about being a better sibling helps her mend the bond between the siblings on Behrad's show.

Financially successful Behrad was...something. Shayan really sold that new persona for Behrad well. I guess this is as close as we can get to Behrad 2.0 other than the Behrad 1.0 played by a different actor in season 3.

Astra seemed really into the new Behrad up until he called her "babe." Although it seems like there still might be something happening between her and Behrad after all.

Lidia's baby daddy looked more like a preppy jock than I was expecting, but he seems surprisingly progressive, which is a good fit for her. And hopefully they'll be good parents and won't instigate the baby into burning them alive like Mick's parents.

Spooner's gun has a stun setting? Huh .

Couldn't Astra have just magicked the guy? I don't think she was planning to just bump him back into the show, but I guess it all worked out.

That was really nice of Zari to give OG!Zari time to be back with the team and Nate outside the Totem. I wonder how long she'll get to be out and how she'll fit back in with the team. I guess they'll probably bring 2.0 back out when Constantine's plot brings him back to the Legends.

So instead of Mick getting Kayla pregnant, Kayla got Mick pregnant. What a twist !

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I still keep watching this show out of a morbid sense of "completing it" at this point.

A few of the "in jokes" were the funniest part. Going to Vancouver. Nates screen test "is this for the CW?".

Is this show recycling it's own material now? I really don't want multiple episodes of GusGus who is just Beebo 2.0 and like Zari 2.0 less interesting.

Mick likely being pregnant is probably the only story redeeming aspect of this episode.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It just dawned on me how little anybody used any actual powers in this episode. I think you can count on one hand the amount of time anyone does anything with powers or superpowered on this show.

So it's a Superhero show with no Superhero costumes, barely any superpowers, or really much in the way of Superhero fights.

I guess it's not like with The Flash where people expect a modicum of Superhero action and less banter or talking down the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Is this show recycling it's own material now? I really don't want multiple episodes of GusGus who is just Beebo 2.0 and like Zari 2.0 less interesting.
    They needed a more creative design than just giving us a pink Beebo, but I'm pretty sure the whole GusGus thing was meant to be a reference to the Baby Yoda phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    They needed a more creative design than just giving us a pink Beebo, but I'm pretty sure the whole GusGus thing was meant to be a reference to the Baby Yoda phenomenon.
    I thought that was going to be the alien that came out of the robot.

Okay, so as a white male I might not "get it," but wouldn't a show about stoner Muslim bros and an alien baby that a lot of people watched and went on for several seasons better for representation than a show about stoner Muslim bros that gets cancelled after two seasons and replayed in reruns late at night?

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Okay, so as a white male I might not "get it," but wouldn't a show about stoner Muslim bros and an alien baby that a lot of people watched and went on for several seasons better for representation than a show about stoner Muslim bros that gets cancelled after two seasons and replayed in reruns late at night?
    Maybe, but then Behrad turns into a dick because they screwed the timeline.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!