Page 257 of 277 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 4155

The way Constantine went out at the end of the ep actually makes me hope that we'll see him end up with Swamp Thing at the end - free of his demons, but only just beginning the road to an uncertain recovery... (but in a hopeful way...)

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I know a mushroom is not a plant, and this is totally not going to happen, but between this "plant" life form which protects the Earth, Constantine, and him being taken by roots, I couldn't stop thinking on Swamp Thing.
    Same. I actually typed the above before I saw your post.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The way Constantine went out at the end of the ep actually makes me hope that we'll see him end up with Swamp Thing at the end - free of his demons, but only just beginning the road to an uncertain recovery... (but in a hopeful way...)
    But mushrooms aren't plants, so why would he show up with Swamp Thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    But mushrooms aren't plants, so why would he show up with Swamp Thing?
    It wasn't a mushroom either - it was an alien. And the roots puts one in the mind of plants. And it's wishful thinking based on their shared history. And it's a comic-book based tv show.

It's a shame that Swamp Thing show ended before Matt Ryan could possibly make a cameo appearance.

It wasn't a mushroom either - it was an alien. And the roots puts one in the mind of plants. And it's wishful thinking based on their shared history. And it's a comic-book based tv show.
    It was a mushroom too, entirely - they explained it that all mushrooms originated from alien fungus, that mushrooms always started out as alien life on this planet. It's...moronic, really, but that's what they said. And the roots might put your mind on plants, but they were fungal roots because yes mushrooms have roots (in fact they're mostly roots, the bit we see above ground is just the reproductive part - basically mushroom penises and vaginas, not the main body).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I see lots of Swamp Thing talk following the way John seemingly went out. It can not be a coincidence then. They had to know that imagery would, ahem, conjure up such discussion. Question is are they being a big tease or will there be something of it? I suspect they are just being teases. Surely we would have heard about casting or some such if Alec was going to appear, either from the dropped DC Direct show or some other new version.

Yes, Spooner was turned into a fork. Chuckle worthy.
    This episode they went all out to make us care about Esperanza "Spooner" didn't they. I can't say it worked. Her character is still utterly useless but bravo for the effort.

What they have done the last two episodes is surprisingly make Bishop more than just a mustache twirling trope at least. Still feels like a weaker villain than seasons past but he's got one episode to go.

Intergalactic Instagram for all your relationship needs.

What does the finale look like? Mick's eggs hatch? Bishop fails/wins? John stays dead but the actor is resurrected as someone else(leaked news). Wedding?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It was a mushroom too, entirely - they explained it that all mushrooms originated from alien fungus, that mushrooms always started out as alien life on this planet. It's...moronic, really, but that's what they said. And the roots might put your mind on plants, but they were fungal roots because yes mushrooms have roots (in fact they're mostly roots, the bit we see above ground is just the reproductive part - basically mushroom penises and vaginas, not the main body).
    Are you debating with me the reality of mushroom anatomy in a "Legends of Tomorrow" episode? You're saying the giant glowy thing that transported Spooner through time was a mushroom? And yes, I know mushrooms have roots - so what? Swamp Thing is connected to more than just plants anyway through "the green" and also, it's a comic book tv show. And I also said it was wishful thinking. But yes, mushrooms are not plants and yes, they have roots.

Well John, you kinda screwed up big time here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Yes, Spooner was turned into a fork. Chuckle worthy.
    Yeah, it the second or third time Spooner is turned into a fork, it's a recurrent joke.

How could Constantine kill the Fountain if it shows up again in Franco's Spain?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Mushrooms are...alien? Weird.

I like Spooner's story, it's a nice break from all the romantic subplots.

Could this be the end of Mick Rory?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does Bishop have any backstory? Sometimes it seems like he's from farther in the future than the Legends are. Is he human? Alien? Is his AI form on the ship meant to be a Brother Eye homage? Who knows.
    I was trying to remember what they revealed about him. I was under the impression that he was a humanoid alien who knew about Earth history, but maybe that's not the case. Maybe they'll reveal something cool about him.

While I'd like to see Swamp Thing, after them axing his show I don't see it happening.
    Would you settle for Swamp Thaaaang?

And the roots might put your mind on plants, but they were fungal roots because yes mushrooms have roots (in fact they're mostly roots, the bit we see above ground is just the reproductive part - basically mushroom penises and vaginas, not the main body).
    Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I was trying to remember what they revealed about him. I was under the impression that he was a humanoid alien who knew about Earth history, but maybe that's not the case. Maybe they'll reveal something cool about him.
    I don't think they've ever explained his deal. Like first he's talking about evolving humanity which makes him seem like a human who got involved with aliens but now he's trying to wipe out humanity...with aliens.

Just realized that Legends will have the shortest Season break ever. Season 6 finale will be on September 5th, Season 7 premiere will be on October 13th.

Which is really strange, as Legends usually starts after the other shows due to it's shorter episode count, and Flash isn't back until November.

This does mean that Beebo Christmas special will air mid-season. Series 5 started in January last year, so that special could've been before season 7 even started, but the way they're doing things, they can advertise it during Legends now.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-02-2021 at 03:19 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Realized what bothered me. Beyond the ambiguous "Evil John" take over, Constantine, who out witted the Devil himself, was so easily fooled by Bishop.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!