Page 258 of 277 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 4155

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Are you debating with me the reality of mushroom anatomy in a "Legends of Tomorrow" episode? You're saying the giant glowy thing that transported Spooner through time was a mushroom? And yes, I know mushrooms have roots - so what? Swamp Thing is connected to more than just plants anyway through "the green" and also, it's a comic book tv show. And I also said it was wishful thinking. But yes, mushrooms are not plants and yes, they have roots.
    Yes, I am. Yes it was (at least they said it was). So what is that there's no reason to draw roots=Swamp Thing comparison for fungal roots. Is he? Why would "the green" be connected to mushrooms? And to each their own, wishful thinking is fine but the evidence isn't really there.

Mighty Member

The Legends team just trapped their selves back in time!!!!!!!

Overall, a very satisfying season finale.
    Guess John and Mick are gone next season.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Overall, a very satisfying season finale.
    Guess John and Mick are gone next season.
    Damn, I missed it - what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Damn, I missed it - what happened?
    You'll be able to watch on demand or online at CW.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Kayla's actress would make a good Maxima. For a second I thought Kayla might stick around the cast as the new ship mechanic.

So I guess Bishop's motivation settled on just being a simp for Sara, which I guess isn't the most surprising thing in the world but it feels like his motivations just kind of shifted back and forth while his personality was the only thing that remained consistent about him. And he mostly just kind of sat on the sidelines for stuff and got a pretty unceremonious end getting devoured by the octopus babies he helped deliver. Not sure how I feel about him in the end.

To be honest, the Legends plucking a young Bishop from out of time to help them actually seems like something the Legends would normally do, but whatever. It's kind of sad thinking this nebbish, meek, guy ends up becoming a Supervillain, and doesn't react that well to it, and has to have his memories wiped to preserve the timeline. He still seemed arrogant, but he didn't seem like a bad guy back then.

John Constantine gets transformed into a mushroom that communicates with people telepathically and they have to eat...only on this show. White, zen, Constantine was something.

It would've been cool if the Earth got invaded by a bunch of recognizable DCU alien races...but I guess we've got the one suit we can just produce in mass for an invasion. I'm still not sure what the Fountain of Imperium failing to do it's job in the future is meant to entail.

I guess I can't blame them for wanting to just get married now before the world ends, although it would've been nice to have a proper wedding with guest stars be it family or the old team members even if that would've been difficult with how this show handles itself and COVID. Maybe they're saving that for the 100th episode.

Spooner knows her mom is alive in the 1920's now, so I wonder if she'll do anything with that. Will she ever get married?

Gary really was the MVP of the Avalance wedding the whole season, and Ava finally gives him respect by letting him walk her down the aisle.

That was probably the best Arrowverse wedding, although in the back of my mind I kept imagining Nyssa having this irksome feeling in the back of her head the whole ceremony and not knowing why.

Here I was all geared up for a big Superhero brawl...and then they all see the zerg rush and immediately barricade themselves inside the house and basically hold them off zombie style. I guess I should've expected as much.

Spooner can now switch everybody's powers, which I guess is useful...even though only, like, 3 people on the team actually have powers. I really don't think magic should be transferable like that but the show's logic with how magic works has never quite been consistent.

Who would have thought that Heat Wave would start out a Flash Rogue, jump on a time ship, become a Time Bureau agent, father a daughter he never knew about, shack up with a hot alien woman, and father a bunch of babies he ends up planning to take responsibility for as a parent? I wish we had gotten to see him say goodbye to the team.

When John mentioned a friend getting him out of the Imperium, I was hoping it would be Swamp Thing. I guess that key will lead Zari to his ancestor next season and there will either be a will they or won't they there or they'll make said ancestor the new Charlie and just do something completely different. I guess I'm glad they wrote John out respectfully even if it's sad to see the show lose probably the biggest character from the comics they still had left, and with Mick gone it's got even less comic characters.

The Legends finally have smooth sailing, cute title card, and then cue the Waverider getting blown up.

Incredible Member

Liked the episode and thought it was smooth how Mick was written out, with the door always open for future appearances.

Actually was confused with Zari actress - her acting the last couple of episodes seemed to channel more of the OG Zari vs new Zari. I also think I associate hair up with OG Zari. I recognize the Constantine thing, she had to be more serious vs aloof.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Legends finally have smooth sailing, cute title card, and then cue the Waverider getting blown up.
    Looks like it was blown up by another Warerider - or The Waverider and the Legends had a reason for wanting to have themselves stranded in the past. (wouldn't surprise me if it has to do with what we've heard about Gideon next season...)

Guess Sara and Gideon are the only 2 OG's left now. But hey, a nice finale. Even though they couldn't give the Legends that one perfect victory, again

I feel sorry for Bishop’s younger self.

He gets to see what he’ll turn into in the future and declares he won't become that guy, only to be told he has no choice in the matter.

For that split second before was neuralized he had to have realized free will is an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I feel sorry for Bishop’s younger self.

He gets to see what he’ll turn into in the future and declares he won't become that guy, only to be told he has no choice in the matter.

For that split second before was neuralized he had to have realized free will is an illusion.
    But is it? He chose the course he took. The Legends just couldn't allow him to know the consequences of his choices. In fact showing someone the consequences takes away their free will in a sense. Then again, free will is an illusion. (Kidding around here, do not want to really discuss free will )

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But is it? He chose the course he took. The Legends just couldn't allow him to know the consequences of his choices. In fact showing someone the consequences takes away their free will in a sense. Then again, free will is an illusion. (Kidding around here, do not want to really discuss free will )
    My head canon on the matter is, showing him his future like that, then telling him he had to see it through when he obviously didn’t want to, messed him up on a subconscious level.

It’s why he wound up as such a cartoony, over the top person. Deep inside something was telling him if he had no choice he may as well enjoy the ride.

It’s also why he fixated on Sarah Lance as his “Eve”. She was the one who took away his choice to not become evil. Because let’s face it, there were a lot less Machiavellian ways he could have acquired a test subject than the way he went about it.

This being a time travel story it’s always along the lines of a snake eating it’s own tail. One thing leads to another that leads to before the first thing and on and on.

Like I said though, it’s just how interpret the story.
    He was a guy named Bishop who ended up a pawn.

I like that through story Riv.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So we have a time traveling group of heroes...stranded out of their time. With no access to time travel tech...thanks to....themselves?
    My guess is possibly the Waverider had been hacked by a nefarious foe who took the Waverider back and blew up the ship. However, wouldn't that be a paradox?

Nice way to write Mick off with easy possibilities to guest star.

Constantine is reportedly gone but the actor, Matt Ryan, is going to be around as a new character, right?

Bishop really just egotistically wanted to "start over" as humanity's new Adam with Sara as his Eve. That was the master plan? - - - - Just as I was thinking he was making the corner into an interesting villain.

True love wins the day. That was the ultimate mcguffin for the episode. True Love is a wave of energy that destroys the evil aliens...sure, why not.

Is this the first Arrowverse show to come back in the Fall? I know Stargirl S2 has started but it is still summer and will be 1/2 over by Fall.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

True love wins the day. That was the ultimate mcguffin for the episode. True Love is a wave of energy that destroys the evil aliens...sure, why not.

As John said, "they are all connected". Spooner was able to use the power of the fountain to transfer powers (we don't know if she will keep this ability). But when they all grouped together for the vows, they joined as one and the Fountain regrew. It was the Fountain that destroyed the aliens, not "love". Love brought the Fountain back.
    I thought this was a better "power of love" scene than any of the ad nauseum ones on The Flash.